Mini Chicken Sandwiches

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Here’s my rendition of a “Krystal Chick”. These are fun little sandwiches that go great with fries and baked beans. Also a nice appetizer when you make a platter of them.

Mini Chicken Sandwiches

Ingredients

2 Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Sage
Jar Dill Pickle chips
12 Dinner Rolls (your favorite style/brand)

Procedure

In a small bowl, add the flour and all seasonings. Mix well.

In another small bowl, beat the egg thoroughly and then whisk in the milk. Mix well.

Cut the chicken breasts in half through the middle (not length wise). Now cut the halves in half. For the thick end, butterfly it so that you have 2 pieces of half thickness. Using a meat mallet, pound all pieces to 1/4” thickness.

In a skillet, add enough oil so that it is 1/2” deep. Heat to 375 degrees.

Dip the chicken in the egg and milk mixture, then dredge in flour. Fry the chicken until golden brown and cooked through. You’ll need to turn the chicken once to cook both sides properly, so cook about 4-5 minutes per side. Once done, remove to paper lined plate to drain.

When ready, cut the rolls in half so that you have made a “bun”. Dress the roll halves with your favorite condiments, add 1-2 pickle chips, and then add a chicken patty.

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Ok, even though we’re having “Poor Man’s” Goulash tonight, I just had to make these. It’s fried chicken after all, and does well in the fridge and cold meaning I now have lunch for tomorrow (30 seconds in the microwave), and we can also give some to our adoptive son.

Here are the pics! The second pic is the chicken tenders with a Mini (I broke down a whole chicken to get the breast - only $3.60 for a big chicken! - and I always cut the tenders off). The tenders are done in Panko Bread Crumbs and not flour like the patties.

Platter of Minis.
ier0pe.jpg

Mini with Panko Crusted Tenders.
v3kkkw.jpg

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yes!! A big helping of garlic fries would go awesome with that!
Looks real good Keltin, thanks!

The Tourist

Banned
Keltin said:
I just had to make these[/quote]

Keltin, you might be the guy to ask.

My wife makes me paninis, however sometimes I just want a cheeseburger. I fix kitchenware, I don't use it.

I have seen this "Big City Slider" contraption which looks like my wife's panini skillet.

I figure I can find ground beef, the thing has a scoop to measure out the right size, and I think I can watch a clock for the two minutes.

Ever try those types of little sandwiches? Or is this procedure to complicated for tinkers?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Keltin said:
I just had to make these[/quote]

Keltin, you might be the guy to ask.

My wife makes me paninis, however sometimes I just want a cheeseburger. I fix kitchenware, I don't use it.

I have seen this "Big City Slider" contraption which looks like my wife's panini skillet.

I figure I can find ground beef, the thing has a scoop to measure out the right size, and I think I can watch a clock for the two minutes.

Ever try those types of little sandwiches? Or is this procedure to complicated for tinkers?

I’ve seen the commercial for that. Billy Mays was selling it. It does look interesting, but I’ve never used it. I love sliders, but haven’t used one of those pans. Been tempted to get one, but I’m wondering about the whole claim that it can cook both sides at once since it is only using bottom heat. It might work?

You can take two coffee can or margarine lids, or two saucers. Spray the surfaces with non-stick spray, then put a ball of meat on one, cover with the other, and press down. If using the lids, use a cutting board to press down and get the meat uniformly thin. Then you just pan fry them.

You can also lay down a sheet of wax paper or saran wrap, put a 1/2 of ground meat on it, stop with another piece of wax paper or saran wrap, then use a rolling pin to flatten it out. Once flat and thin, put on a cookie sheet and place in freezer till firm. When firm use a biscuit cutter or a drinking glass to press into the meat and cut out the rounds. Pan fry in a skillet.

There are also [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Tupperware-67174-Large-Hamburger-Press/dp/B00006WS6J"]hamburger presses[/ame] that you can buy.

Search results: http://www.google.com/products?hl=e...a=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
When I was a kid growing up, I found a hamburger press-n-grill like this one in a thrift store. It worked great! You plug it in, put a ball of meat on the plate, close it firmly to squeeze the meat down into a patty, and it cooks in about 3 minutes. Really cool.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
When I was a kid growing up, I found a hamburger press-n-grill like this one in a thrift store. It worked great! You plug it in, put a ball of meat on the plate, close it firmly to squeeze the meat down into a patty, and it cooks in about 3 minutes. Really cool.
i want one of those grills. burgers really get brown and crusty and are still juicy?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
i want one of those grills. burgers really get brown and crusty and are still juicy?

It makes awesome burgers. Cursty on the outside, and incredible juicy. And so easy to use. You can just put a ball of meat in there and then close the lid. It mashes the meat out and cooks it. Very cool.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It makes awesome burgers. Cursty on the outside, and incredible juicy. And so easy to use. You can just put a ball of meat in there and then close the lid. It mashes the meat out and cooks it. Very cool.
yummy!!

Deelady

Mmmm these look great! I bet Raising Cane's secret sauce (that I have a recipe for lol) would taste great on these!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Mmmm these look great! I bet Raising Cane's secret sauce (that I have a recipe for lol) would taste great on these!
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm whats Raising Cane's secret sauce? and share the recipe?

Deelady

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm whats Raising Cane's secret sauce? and share the recipe?

Raising Canes is a Chicken Strip chain fast food place, I absolutely love them!

Raising Cane's Chicken finger dipping sauce

Ingredients
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 tsp paprika
Generous amount of black pepper (cover surface at least two times and mix in)
Combine all ingredients. It will start to look and taste right as you blend them together, but it is best to let the sauce sit for a few hours before serving.

I LOVE this sauce for my fries and onion rings as well :) and it stays good in the fridge for at least a week!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Raising Canes is a Chicken Strip chain fast food place, I absolutely love them!

Raising Cane's Chicken finger dipping sauce

Ingredients
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 tsp paprika
Generous amount of black pepper (cover surface at least two times and mix in)
Combine all ingredients. It will start to look and taste right as you blend them together, but it is best to let the sauce sit for a few hours before serving.

I LOVE this sauce for my fries and onion rings as well :) and it stays good in the fridge for at least a week!
thank you. it sounds like french, russian or 1,000 island dressing? i get those mixed up.

Deelady

ummmmm I would say a little similar to 1000 island but more of a kick, and more levels of flavor IMO.