CTS Green Beans

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
CTS = Cooked To Sheet (sort of)

Usually, I steam fresh green beans for 15 minutes, so they are just tender.

But sometimes, you feel like having comfort food, so CTS is on the menu tonight.

Joyce's CTS Green Beans

Fry some bacon until crisp, remove from pan.

Fry some diced onions (and one clove of garlic, minced, optional) in the bacon fat. Add a can of chicken broth to the pan, and toss in the green beans.

Bring to boil, then simmer on low for about an hour, uncovered, until beans are CTS.

Add in crumbled bacon just before serving.

Here are the beans before bacon is added (I made them ahead and I'll reheat them tonight).

Lee

Attachments

• CTS Green Beans.JPG
    CTS Green Beans.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 172

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Lol, I couldn't imagine what CTS was going to be :lol:. That's just the way my mother cooked them for years except she put some new potatoes in the pot too. Everybody always gobbled them down.

Phiddlechik

I actually googled "cooked to sheet," thinking it was some fancy culinary term I had never heard of...
Then I looked at how long you cooked the green beans, and said the phrase again. Good one.
That's how I like green beans.

suziquzie

LOL I thought she meant cooked TO the Sheet!!! .... I was wondering how that was a good thing because I HATE stuck-on food I have to shred to get off the pan!!!

Yeah, I was blonde awhile.........

Cooksie

Site Supporter
:yum::yum::yum:

Ran across this as I was looking for some different way to cook vegetables and thought it was worth a bump!