What's cooking Sunday 10/9/16 to Saturday 10/15/16?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I made a big pot of chicken and dumplings last night. I should make them more often. I love them.

I also finally graduated from using a wine bottle to roll them out to using a silicone coated rolling pin :mrgreen:. Should've bought one of those a long time ago.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Roasted a fat hen Sunday; Having it again today, then picking the carcass for Chicken & Gravy over rice tomorrow......... oh, boy .... chicken again..........

Johnny West

Last night was the French onion soup and tonight is cream of broccoli soup. There is a lot of CSA veg to use.

:cooking:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Had my smoker out this weekend, for maybe the last smoke of the season. :bbq3:

Smoked a rack of St. Louis ribs, a pork picnic and some ABT's (natch) with most of my garden mini-peppers that were left. Oh, and a pound of bacon, but I forgot to take a picture of that.

The chicherones from a bit of the pork rind were done in the oven.

Lee

Attachments

• St. Louis spares.JPG
    St. Louis spares.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 157
  • Pulled pork.JPG
    Pulled pork.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 152
  • ABT's.JPG
    ABT's.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 158
  • Baked chicharones.JPG
    Baked chicharones.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 157

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I used Barilla spaghetti and Classico marinara sauce.
Made enough to have for leftovers for work tomorrow and Thursday.
Since I had cinnamon toast with the omelet this morning at the diner, I figured I'd hold back and not do garlic bread with it or make a salad.
I am trying to watch what I eat lately.
The scales say 172 lol :blush:
I like to be around 160-165.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
It's a standard recipe with a few changes;

Maryland Crab Soup
3 carrots, peeled and chopped (I used three cups sliced baby carrots)
1 medium boiling potato, peeled and cubed (I used two cups small red potatoes, halved or quartered, depending on size)
1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
1 stalk celery, trimmed and chopped ( I also used the celery leaves, chopped)
1⁄2 lb. green beans, trimmed into 1" pieces (Left them out)
1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears) (Left them out)
1⁄2 cup fresh or frozen peas (used two cups, to help make up for the left-out veggies)
4 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce (1/4 cup plus another dash or two)
2 tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning (more or less :smile: )
1 1⁄2 tbsp. dry mustard
Pinch red pepper flakes ( more or less :thumb: )
1 28-oz. can whole peeled plum tomatoes (I used two 15-oz. cans)
1 lb. jumbo lump crabmeat
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, green beans, corn, peas, Worcestershire
sauce, Old Bay, mustard, red pepper flakes, and 6 cups water in a large pot. (I used four cups Emeril's Vegetable Broth and two cups water)
Add tomatoes, crushing them in your hand, and juice from can. Bring to a boil over medium-high
heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Add crabmeat to soup and simmer 45 minutes more, stirring often. (Thirty minutes was enough)
Season to taste with salt and pepper.

The first time I made it, I followed the recipe pretty closely.... You can see a pic of that in the soups Thread.
:tiphat:

Last edited:

Johnny West

Tonight I went to Famous Dave's and sat in the bar and watched part of the football game. I had the catfish fingers for an appy and the full rack (sweet and zesty for the added sauce) for dinner and could only eat half. They were the best ribs I've ever had out.

Attachments

• ########Fukk Rack.JPG
    ########Fukk Rack.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 122

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Wednesday had browned sweet Italian sausage, with sautéed multicolored bell peppers, onions, garlic and tomatoes over linguine and green salad.

Thursday had salad and a couple stoned wheat thins with Brie.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Last night was broccoli cheddar soup and a turkey, lettuce, tomato and cream cheese wrap in whole wheat tortilla.

Tonight I may reheat some spaghetti from the other day.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Last night was broccoli cheddar soup and a turkey, lettuce, tomato and cream cheese wrap in whole wheat tortilla.

Tonight I may reheat some spaghetti from the other day.

My mom would pan fry leftover pasta. Just a small amount of EVOO add pasta and let it get brown and crispy flip and repeat. It was so good. Sometimes she would add sliced meatballs or sausage if she had them. Add grated cheese before the flip if you like.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tonight I planned Salisbury steak, onion gravy, mashed taters and spinach. Maybe a green salad also.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
The Warden is out for dinner, at the local Hofbrauhaus with co-workers to hear one of them play.........

I steeled for a huge Italian Hoagie, Mac Salad, and some of my rotel cabbage soup from the freezer.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
My mom would pan fry leftover pasta. Just a small amount of EVOO add pasta and let it get brown and crispy flip and repeat. It was so good. Sometimes she would add sliced meatballs or sausage if she had them. Add grated cheese before the flip if you like.

I recall you talking about that Peeps. :)
Thanks!

I reheated it in a covered pyrex dish in the oven, with a little more sauce and parm added.

Johnny West

There is not a Popeye's around here. Tonight we had KFC with three different sides. The mac and cheese was not bad.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
there is a place here, 24/7-- great conversation & 1 great waitress-- i got steak/eggs~ we head there often due to an unconventional kindness of their waitstaff- 1 of 'em, anyhow~

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Fall Festival Fare-
Meals are dine-in or carry-out and include: beef or chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, dressing, noodles, corn, coleslaw, cranberry sauce, roll and dessert for $8.50 for adults; $6.50 for children school aged and up; and children 4 and under eat free in the dining room.

:readytoeat:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I miss Midwest church suppers.

Tonight is pancakes and leftover KFC.

They're going on just about everywhere around here right now.

I went and got our dinners, then brought them back to my friends Brenda and Larry's house.
That was the plan for tonight's dinner (and playing Scrabble) like we always do.
Had to wait about 20 minutes in the line and really wanted to check out the country store, not so much for the baked goods, but for the crafts.
I can always go back and do that tomorrow.

Brenda ate all of hers, Larry picked (he's not so well right now) I ate some of my chicken, dressing, noodles and a bit of the cranberry sauce.
Leftovers for tomorrow. It's a lot of food!

Johnny West

Pot roast was requested here so that's what I did.

I missed the Greek church dinner and that's about the only one I know of.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
primati's sammiches-- i forgot to get egg, tho-- a few beverages there, & later on, & went on to get a few winks each~