Eurika!!! I did it I mafe Mayonaise

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I wanted a tuna sammy. Don't know why, maybe the thread here. Go to the fridgie, NO MAYO. bummer. OK, I post at NCT, I can make anything. :unsure: Right? Off to the trusty Internet.

Loved this recipe,
Time if of the essence, I am hungry NOW! NOW I TELL YOU NOW!!!

OK About.com's recipe seems easy enough.
Off I go. First I tried it with Olive oil. I think it would have worked, if I had of paid more attention. I was on the home stretch and had a pretty good looking mayonnaise going. The food processor made a funny noise, and the emulsion broke. Not a pretty sight at all.

Try #2 - I did it all by hand. I used canola oil. About halfway through I noticed the mayonnaise was getting very thick. At that point, I added the rest of the lemon / vinegar mix. Everything behaved and flattened out. I now have an excellent mayonnaise to use. Woo Hoo.

I see several different recipes and lots of different flavors. I plan more experiments. It is not at all hard. For me here are the secrets.

1) Start out whisking by hand till you get an emulsion sterted. (about 1/4) cup of oil.

2) You can ther transfer to the food processor.

3) Add the oil very slowly. Drops at at time till you get a good wmulstion going.

4) Add the second half of the lemon vinegar at the halfway point.

5) Don't be in a rush even after getting the emulsion going.

Enjoy enjoy enjoy. It realy does taste better. you alsoi have so many oils and extras that you can add.

Now I see why it is a mother sauce.

Andy

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
That is awesome. I've always wnated to try my hand at making mayo, and you've inspired me to do so! Great job!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Way to go, Andy!!! I'm picturing you in Chef's whites, whisking away and speaking in a French accent. (OK, I admit, I just have a thing for French accents.)

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Keltin, I have always wanted to try it too. There are so many things that come in jars and are "easy" that we don"t experiment.

Terry - I have a special set of whites for the occasion.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Yea!!!! You've inspired me too Andy! I've never made homemade mayo before either but I'm gonna have to give this a try!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I wanted a tuna sammy. Don't know why, maybe the thread here. Go to the fridgie, NO MAYO. bummer. OK, I post at NCT, I can make anything. :unsure: Right? Off to the trusty Internet.

Loved this recipe,
Time if of the essence, I am hungry NOW! NOW I TELL YOU NOW!!!

OK About.com's recipe seems easy enough.
Off I go. First I tried it with Olive oil. I think it would have worked, if I had of paid more attention. I was on the home stretch and had a pretty good looking mayonnaise going. The food processor made a funny noise, and the emulsion broke. Not a pretty sight at all.

Try #2 - I did it all by hand. I used canola oil. About halfway through I noticed the mayonnaise was getting very thick. At that point, I added the rest of the lemon / vinegar mix. Everything behaved and flattened out. I now have an excellent mayonnaise to use. Woo Hoo.

I see several different recipes and lots of different flavors. I plan more experiments. It is not at all hard. For me here are the secrets.

1) Start out whisking by hand till you get an emulsion sterted. (about 1/4) cup of oil.

2) You can ther transfer to the food processor.

3) Add the oil very slowly. Drops at at time till you get a good wmulstion going.

4) Add the second half of the lemon vinegar at the halfway point.

5) Don't be in a rush even after getting the emulsion going.

Enjoy enjoy enjoy. It realy does taste better. you alsoi have so many oils and extras that you can add.

Now I see why it is a mother sauce.

Andy
so which recipe did you use? neva mind i thought they were 2 different recipes. congrats i have never tried it before.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Actually, the pants are more like chaps and the top is more like a muscle shirt. Less to wash if something spills.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
5e88ceb2.gif

homecook

I know you're the "MOD", why do you think I said what I did??? :mrgreen:

I can't get anything past you, can I Barb?

NADA!!! :yum::yum::yum:

I think Im on a roll tonight> lol