Maple Pork Glaze for roast pork tenderloins...

AllenOK

We started doing this last week at work. I haven't actually sold one yet, although my relief cook sold one Tuesday night.

I don't actually have precise measurements, so please remember that personal taste plays a big role in this.

I minced about 2/3 of an onion (found a partial, so I used that) and one apple. I started sauteing that in clarified butter. Once caramelized, I added some pork drippings (the Chef actually had me roast some pork loin specifically to get the drippings), about 1 c, to deglaze the pan, along with one 6 oz can of apple juice. I let that simmer for a few minutes to fully tenderize the onions and apples. Once that was done, I used to the stick blender (boat motor, immersion blender, whatever you want to call it) to process the solids as finely as possibly. I brought this back to a simmer, and added some maple syrup (not sure how much, use your judgement). Season to taste with S & P, then finished with a couple tablespoons of whole cold butter. I tasted it again to double-check the maple.

About that time, the Chef came by and tasted it. He looked at me, and said I had, "nailed it".

buckytom

Grill Master
man, that sounds good, allen.

it sounds like a lot of the same flavours in a dish i make: roast pork tenderloin with onions and apples. you saute ringed sweet onions in butter, add rings of peeled apples and the onions to a baking dish, top with a well seared pork tenderloin that's crusted with wholegrain dijon and fennel seed, then bake until medium rare.
i usually take any liquid from the pan and add butter to drizzle over the roast before serving.

i'll have to try it with maple syrup next time. i think it would work even with the mustard and fennel.

AllenOK

A nice whole-grain Dijon would be an excellent addition, I believe. I may have to try that at work.