I met up with sushi

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Sushi, me, and my eldest daughter Katie met up at The Chicken Basket in Willowbrook tonight.
Had a great time, and it was very cool to meet up with Sushi! The food was a huge let down though, will write a review shortly. But this is about meeting up and hanging out for a couple of hours with Sushi.
We had a great time gossiping about all of you behind your backs and poking fun at everyone!! Just Kidding!!
Here are the pics, taken mostly by Katie, of the fun:
First up pics of Katie, Sushi, and me. The pic of Katie we took right after she had taken a bite of a chicken gizzard, and then we told her what it was.
Then pics of the food and the band and the drinks. The pot pies were awesome, the chicken gizzards and livers were great, and the sodas were great. The chicken was blech, the soup was pretty good, the salad bar blech.
Then some pics of the band that was playing and the decor.

Attachments

• DSCF3230.jpg
    DSCF3230.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCF3231.jpg
    DSCF3231.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCF3234.jpg
    DSCF3234.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCF3243.jpg
    DSCF3243.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCF3262.jpg
    DSCF3262.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCF3235.jpg
    DSCF3235.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCF3236.jpg
    DSCF3236.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCF3244.jpg
    DSCF3244.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,070
  • DSCF3245.jpg
    DSCF3245.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCF3246.jpg
    DSCF3246.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 432
  • DSCF3237.jpg
    DSCF3237.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCF3255.jpg
    DSCF3255.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCF3239.jpg
    DSCF3239.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCF3241.jpg
    DSCF3241.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 178

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yes I remembered the camera, but it has issues, LOL. I think DW has beat it up too much from dragging it around from site to site.
The band played instrumental stuff, don't know the names of any of it but it was light and they were good. Just as we left the guy with the white beard started singing, but I don't know the song.

suziquzie

wow. if my dad made me eat gizzards without my knowledge i'd disown him!!!!
i thought i was evil!!!!

looks like fun!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
She actually likes them, she was just being dramatic cause she never 'knew' what they were before.... LOL

Calicolady

Lily, LOL! I guess I'm not the only one who remembered! ROTFL!

Mav's rep preceeds him!

Glad you had a good time. Now I know why my ears were ringing!

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Dude, if you ever make it down, let me know! Got an excellent sushi place we can go gorge at.

Mav... great pics, thanks for sharing, it is great that you got to meet 'the man behind the curtain'!

Oh... your daughter is a cutie!!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great post, Mav - and a well-written review in another thread.

The expression on your daughter's face is so cute, especially when we know why she was making it! LOL1

Lee

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Mav, you are looking very good! Sushi too, of course - nice to put a handsome and friendly face with the name. And your daughter - what beautiful blue eyes! Thanks for the pics.

Deelady

thanks for posting the pics! I love to see when members get the chance to meet! Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves and glad you daughter survived it!! ;) :D

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Speaking of which, I so need new glasses!! I can't even read road signs again! Katie ended up guiding me cause I couldn't see the little signs pointing the way to the restaurant! LOL!

buckytom

Grill Master
great to see you guys!!!!

mav, that's a great pic of your daughter. it was the same face socrates had when he said, "i drank what?"

jkath

Thanks for posting -
first off, your daughter is darling!!

You two look like you were having way too much fun talking about us......
That's okay, cause we talk about you guys too....oh wait, that's just me and the voices in my head.:ermm:
I want to know where to get the Route 66 Soda. I drive on 66 every day & haven't seen it before.