2-1/2 to 3 lbs. frying chicken, cut up
Vegetable oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 large green pepper, sliced
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
Salt and Pepper
2 cups chopped, canned tomatoes, undrained
Hot cooked noodles

Coat chicken pieces with flour, salt and pepper. In large skillet, brown chicken in hot oil; drain excess oil. Add remaining ingredients except noodles, mix up well. Cover and simmer 30-45 minutes or until chicken is fork tender. Stir occasionally. Serve over cooked noodles.

I have also put this in the crockpot after browning the chicken for 6-8 hours on LOW.

Barb

Constance

We love this dish. Last time, I used a jar of Classico spaghetti sauce instead of the tomatoes, and grated fresh parm on top after plating. It's another yummy way.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love it, too!

I also love Sausage Cacciatore! Orrrrrrrrr Chicken AND Sausage Cacciatore!

Lee

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Flour
2-1/2 to 3 lbs. frying chicken, cut up
Vegetable oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 large green pepper, sliced
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
Salt and Pepper
2 cups chopped, canned tomatoes, undrained
Hot cooked noodles

Coat chicken pieces with flour, salt and pepper. In large skillet, brown chicken in hot oil; drain excess oil. Add remaining ingredients except noodles, mix up well. Cover and simmer 30-45 minutes or until chicken is fork tender. Stir occasionally. Serve over cooked noodles.

I have also put this in the crockpot after browning the chicken for 6-8 hours on LOW.

Barb

My mother-in-law was a pure-bread Italian woman. She used to make this dish on special occasions and I wish she would have shared this recipe before she passed away. Her recipe had black olives and was served on hot sliced polenta. Ohhhh, it was so good....