Concrete counter

FooD

I just got done forming a concrete countertop for my wood fired oven. I pulled the form off yesterday after letting the poured concrete cure for several days.
It'll be trimmed around the edge with matching bricks to compliment the oven. The counter top will be finished by polishing and sealing. It'll have that natural concrete look on top.
The oven itself is over 95% complete and have been in use for about 2 months now. The oven is conveniently located just right out the rear kitchen door. I'm having so much fun with my new outdoor cooking area so far..:D

Attachments

• P1050382.jpg
    P1050382.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 191
  • P1050387.jpg
    P1050387.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 185
  • P1050380.jpg
    P1050380.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 181
  • P1050384.jpg
    P1050384.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 184

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Very nice Food! I would love to have something like that!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Looks just like Mexico, George. My kitchen counters are cement, with a tinted (blue) finish and polish. They were done about 4 and 1/2 years ago and badly need a refinish, but I love them. I can roll out pie and cookie dough and knead bread on them. They are perfect heat "sinks" and can put a hot pan directly on the counter with no worries. That looks really nice and I can see why you are enjoying it so much!

FooD

Thanks Mama and Karen.

Speaking of Mexico, when the house was built some 30 years ago the original builder brought all the tiles and lighting fixtures, interior and exterior, from Mexico.

Our tiled kitchen counter and island are getting somewhat worn and I'm thinking about re-doing the entire kitchen in concrete. It's amazing what you can do with concrete.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Beautiful, FooD!

Your house looks so interesting and cool!

Lee