Net Cooking Talk

Go Back   Net Cooking Talk > Cooking Talk Forums > Tools of the Trade, Knives, Smokers, Grills & Commercial Cooktops Forum

Tools of the Trade, Knives, Smokers, Grills & Commercial Cooktops Forum Cookware, Cookbooks, Utensils, Grills, Smokers, Countertops, Stoves, Ovens etc....

Old 10-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Resident Rocker Lady

sattie is on a distinguished road
Style: pizza
Default New Pressure Cooker!

I nabbed a 5qt pressure cooker today for $16.99! I don't have the slightest clue what to try and cook first. Other than the fact that I can cook some dishes faster, you folks got any ideas???
Old 10-21-2008, 12:30 AM
Soup Chef

Locutus is on a distinguished road

There are only three things that I know about pressure cookers.

1. They're a great field expedient for sterilizing medical instruments.

2. They're used for canning. Actually, I think that canning is about 90 percent of what they're used for.

3. I'm told, but don't know from personal experience, that they're also great for tenderizing tough cuts of meat, like chuck roast and front shoulder blade roasts.

Sorry I can't help more, but I've never used one for cooking!
Old 10-21-2008, 06:22 AM
Salad Chef

Nica is on a distinguished road

Looks like you got a good deal! We have two of the mid-size ones. These are 15 1/2 quart. The only thing we use them for is canning, and they work great for that.

However I do have all kinds of pressure cooker recipes if you would like any. Many of these are for meats, sea-foods, fowl, soups, etc. PM me your add and I'll copy and mail all of them.