485136631_HXy8Z-S.jpg

485136668_GiDRu-S.jpg

485136799_PqXvC-S.jpg

485136865_k8uxa-S.jpg

485136966_t8Efo-S.jpg

485136877_ErFdi-S.jpg

485136911_qhoL9-S.jpg

lilylove

so..you just stuff the peppers with the cheese and bacon and stick them in the oven? It's as easy as that?

Derek

Banned
Man how hot are those dude? LOL. Great pics and looks good!
They are not HOT they have ZERO heat lvl, Just de seed them de bane them, Slow roast them at 180 degrees for 4 hours before the deseeding process.

so..you just stuff the peppers with the cheese and bacon and stick them in the oven? It's as easy as that?
That's it but like I've said slow roast them in the oven @180-200 if you don't have an oven that has low heat like that, and slow roast them for 4 hours.

Thanks they tasted exactly like the restaurants, By the way these were not battered and fried like the real rellenos were, which is still pretty easy step to do.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
oooooooo, make a tempura coating, dip and fry!! YUMMY!!! I like the bacon thing though. bad stuff, lol

Derek

Banned
oooooooo, make a tempura coating, dip and fry!! YUMMY!!! I like the bacon thing though. bad stuff, lol
Haha tellme about it, That's why I've only cooked 4 slices of bacon, All you have to do, cook 4 slices of bacon fold bacon, incert one slice of bacon into your mouth and the other 3 into the rellenos.

Calicolady

I love that thing in pic #5. Looks like I could set that outside, in a cast iron dutch oven with a little fire inside it, and place that thing on top and do my italian peppers on top.
Where did you get it?
I guess I'll have to put my dutch oven in the truck and cart it around now, looking for that kind of thing.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I love that thing in pic #5. Looks like I could set that outside, in a cast iron dutch oven with a little fire inside it, and place that thing on top and do my italian peppers on top.
Where did you get it?
I guess I'll have to put my dutch oven in the truck and cart it around now, looking for that kind of thing.

It looks like a "pizza pan" (<-- Click that link) to me????

Derek

Banned
Where did you get it?
Thanks but it's a pizza crisper, But I'm sure you can do them in the dutch oven!

It looks like a "pizza pan" (<-- Click that link) to me????
Yup your right, It's a pizza crisper.

Calicolady

LOL! How easy was that! A pizza crisper! Who would have thunk it. I use a pizza stone, so I didn't know.
Thanks guys.
FMD, I don't want to cook the peppers IN a D.O. I want to build a small fire in D.O. outside and place the crisper on top to cook the peppers.

Derek

Banned
LOL! How easy was that! A pizza crisper! Who would have thunk it. I use a pizza stone, so I didn't know.
Thanks guys.
FMD, I don't want to cook the peppers IN a D.O. I want to build a small fire in D.O. outside and place the crisper on top to cook the peppers.
You pyro!

;)

But seriously I think you can do that!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks guys.

OH! Maybe you need one of these. Ring the side with 12-15 coals or so, and let those peppers roast slowly! Can even add wood for smoke.

Calicolady

I did see that thread, Keltin. I've seen them in my Walmart.
Cute little thing. I was thinking wood in the D.O.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
So, a fire in your DO? Aren’t you afraid of burning of your seasoning? I love fire, but what about the DO seasoning?

Calicolady

No I have the one I use and an old rusty one that was sitting in mom's garage. Rusty's what I'd use. Probably clean it up a bit too!

Calicolady

I know FMD. As a scorpio, we tend to be fanatical, or at least passionate in most things we do. (watch it Keltin)

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
those really good derek...

most chain pizza places cook their pizza in pizza crispers of some sort or an another

Derek

Banned
Thanks Bam, I'm having another bunch of these either tonight or tomorrow, I'm not sure if I want some sliders, Or some Mexican dish that uses flour tortilla.