Sunday, May 27th, to Saturday, June 2nd, what have you eaten?

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Chicken with roasted coriander in a coconut curry sauce (aka dakshini murgh) from Madhur Jaffrey's Indian Cooking book. It was really good, although a tad bit spicy for me, but Craig loved it. I hear him going back for seconds as I am typing this.

Attachments

• 2018-05-30 17.52.24.jpg
    2018-05-30 17.52.24.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 125

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
from the script of "You Could See This Coming"

being old geezers and being told we should eat healthy . . . we try to do 1 - 2 vegetarian meals a week. this was not much of an issue earlier - but now that I've been pushed into the low fat diet, anything 'cheese' is out - so for me it's the vegetarian bit is a struggle.

tonight was black eyed peas and rice - I do like that. fresh broccoli & cole slaw as sides. while shopping a biggly discounted two chunk individually cryo-pack of usda prime beef tenderloin jumped into my basket. since DW was vegging out, I figured I could use one chunk (4 ounce size) to do the luv of my pan hot sear hot red center melt on the fork routine..... DW does not do pink, much less red . . . so it's time to seize the drool opportunity!! a three hour pre-salt and a hot cast iron pan!

yup. I saw the furtive side glances at that luscious juicy chunk o' t-loin . . .

"Dear would you like a bite of this? No, No. thanks"

more looks . . . "well maybe just a ....."

she really is a very good DW so I lopped off a chunk and put it in the oven to become a bit less red. brown actually, a slightly darker shade of red . . . only thing heard: munchmunchohthisisgood!munchmunch . . . munchmunchwhatcutisthis?munchmunch.

note to self: always fix enough of the good stuff for two . . .

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Son came home early.
He's firing up the grill as I type.
Nathan's big dogs >>> chili dogs and pasta salad.
I'll pan fry the burgers tomorrow.

What a freakin' day.
Oh it stormed like crazy while I was at work.
Looked at the radar, say! That's swirling!
The remnants of the tropical storm.
Pics later, of the dogs.. ahem.. I do go on, No?
Lol

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I wish it would storm here. 87F in here.

I had a Stouffer Mac and cheese for dinner. And several sugar free popsicles. Sugar free iced tea with lots of ice.

Embryodad

Had cream of broccoli soup, tore off hunks of Italian bread and threw it in the soup to soak. Tina bought deep fried egg plant to munch on later.
She had jello and rice pudding. She had dental grinding, and was sore.

I just had an big glass of iced tea. Now I'm thirsty. All that sugar was stuck at the bottom like cement. Tina said throw it out! Well, I didn't; I just swallowed it down! ..... She said,"No wonder why the dr. doubled your Metformin, you knuckle head!!"

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I chose Nathan's mustard and relish on mine instead of chili.
Veg pasta salad and pea salad too.
I'll need Rolaids by midnight. Lol
20180530_221402-768x768.jpg

Embryodad

I chose Nathan's mustard and relish on mine instead of chili.
Veg pasta salad and pea salad too.
I'll need Rolaids by midnight. Lol
View attachment 27316
Looks like "Time to have some tomorrow" Sass.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Wait a minute!... I just thought of something we had when growing up.
Any one ever cook hot dogs in the Spaghetti Tomato sauce while simmering for a couple hours??

Mom would be cooking the Sunday sauce on a saturday; and with pork and beef cubes in it. She would throw hot dogs in the cooking sauce, and Saturday, we would have those hot dogs on buns if we had them, or bread if not!
What a delicious hot dog. I used to just add extra sauce, and play heck eating the hot dog without dripping out that sauce.

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Looks like "Time to have some tomorrow" Sass.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Wait a minute!... I just thought of something we had when growing up.
Any one ever cook hot dogs in the Spaghetti Tomato sauce while simmering for a couple hours??

Mom would be cooking the Sunday sauce on a saturday; and with pork and beef cubes in it. She would throw hot dogs in the cooking sauce, and Saturday, we would have those hot dogs on buns if we had them, or bread if not!
What a delicious hot dog. I used to just add extra sauce, and play heck eating the hot dog without dripping out that sauce.
Peeps has a recipe for dogs in sauce.
I've made them before over shell pasta.
Yum yum!

That said, we'll have warmed leftover doggies for lunch.
Dinner, I do want to do burgers on toasted buns.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Too Muggy to Cook -
Deconstructed Italian Hoagie Salad...

Hoagie Salad a.jpg

With a Creamy Ranch Dressing...

Hoagie Salad.jpg

Embryodad

Peeps has a recipe for dogs in sauce.
I've made them before over shell pasta.
Yum yum!

That said, we'll have warmed leftover doggies for lunch.
Dinner, I do want to do burgers on toasted buns.
Better is a Buttered and Toasted BUN .... It's got my vote!

Embryodad

Today I woke up, to a pot of Chicken Soup that Mommy Tina had cooking at 7:30 AM.
She left to go to the beauty parlor to get her nails done, and a pedicure.
I've got the soup on the Nu-Wave slow cooking.
It's a cool day of 64 degrees at 11:30 this AM .... Nice but raining a little.

I have scallops to cook for supper too! I guess I will sear them, and then add butter and wine to make a sauce.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I hope it stays cool and rainy till late Sunday into Monday. And stop just before the guys get here to install the new a/c!

No clue what's for dinner.

Embryodad

I hope it stays cool and rainy till late Sunday into Monday. And stop just before the guys get here to install the new a/c!

No clue what's for dinner.
Peeps... To bad you couldn't rent what they call a spot cooler.
They are portable, and you just stick the condenser hose out the window, and the drain pipe.

Embryodad

Sausage egg scramble and hash browns.
View attachment 27328
Ooooooo! L00KS... great Sass.
Reminds me when my brother came to visit mom in PA, and he would make breakfast taco's.
My mouth is drooling. He fried mushrooms, sausage crumbled, and scrambled eggs, then layered soft tacos with the eggs, and added cheese. Baked in the oven till the cheese melted. OH WOW!
I liked to dip mine in sausage gravy. Shhhh! .......don't tell Tina, but I can drink sausage gravy.

Johnny West

Last night it was pulled pork tacos with grilling beans and the last of the weekend coleslaw. It was quick and easy after a long day.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Hmm, so far today I had yogurt and sliced deli beef sandwich.
Great Grandma to the girls dropped by and had cupcakes for Maddie, whose BD is being celebrated tomorrow.
I had one.
Marbled with her homemade frosting.
:blowcandle:
20180601_122750-330x429.jpg

No idea about dinner this eve.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Pastelon, which is sort of a Puerto Rican or Dominican moussaka. It uses fried ripe plantains as the noodles, picadillo as the meat filling, a Latin mozzarella type cheese, and beaten seasoned eggs as the bechemel.

The picadillo is made with ground beef, various seasonings, green pimento stuffed olives, tomato paste, raisins and sofrito. Sofrito is made up of various peppers, onions, garlic, cilantro and culantro.

We were supposed to have a sliced avocado and red onion salad dressed with lime juice, olive oil, s and p, but for some reason Craig decided to mash the avocado.

Attachments

• 2018-06-01 17.50.15.jpg
    2018-06-01 17.50.15.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 95

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
caught up with a grouper, not sure how it got in the cornfield tho . . .

we're get reel! good bi-color out of Georgia at the moment....

Attachments

• grouper.jpg
    grouper.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 99

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It’s to damn hot in here (97F) to cook. I can’t wait till Monday when new a/c is being installed.

Last night we ordered out. I had child size spaghetti and meatballs.

Tonight I had a salad (spring mix greens, raw broccoli, mushrooms, tomato, black & green olives and tuna) simple oil, vinegar and spices dressing.

Embryodad

Supper = a can of Kippered Herring. A slice of Italian bread, and a sausage left from yesterday.:bbq:

Mrs. is in one of her moods tonight. DD was just over, and they tore into each other. hahahahahahaha....

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight's dinner is going to be birthday party food.
Grilled burgers and dogs, crockpot meatballs in bbq sauce and grape jelly, macaroni salad, deviled eggs, potato chips, fruit salad and dip.
Poppy the Troll cake and ice cream.
I'll get some pics.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Poppy cake arrived.
She is now back in the box in the trunk of my car.
Hiding, until the party. Lol
Thank God it's a very cool day.

Attachments

• received_10160611927230533-460x818.jpg
    received_10160611927230533-460x818.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 101

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Nice Plating, CM...

Transformer blew up on a pole down the street about four yesterday; set the tree on fire; lost power for about four hours, so we carried in Ham Hoagies for the evening meal...
Ham hoagie, Burger Chip pickles, jalapeno slices, Deli Mac Salad

Ham Hoagie.jpg

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
...Ham hoagie, ...

what happened to the decent hoagie . . . places just don't make them taste like they used to in the 60-70's. in Philly Amoroso rolls was the "standard" but way beyond that the cold cuts/assembly/something is terribly lacking in today's rendition.

there's only one place - about 40 minutes one way from here - that still does it right. old Italian guy.