A wedding at Boston's Fenway Park!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A friend of mine from childhood, like a brother to me, got married for the first time at 61 years old, to another high school classmate of ours, AT FENWAY PARK!

Dave is a lifelong, die-hard Red Sox fan, who has had season tickets most of his adult life. He also owns his own very successful company.

I could go on for paragraphs and bore you all, but briefly, the 250 guests sat in the left field grandstand. The wedding party and ceremony was on the walkway between the grandstand seats and the box seats.

After the ceremony, the Scottish piper led the wedding party, then the guests, to the Pavilion Suite - a lavish function room in the park, with indoor and outdoor bars (open bar the WHOLE TIME), servers walking around with lobster rolls and Fenway Pigs in a Blanket, and a huge antipasto bar with prosciutto, salami, every cheese in the world, and other Italian snacks.

Then we sat down to a meal of salad, petit filet, and sea scallop.

Instead of a wedding cake, there was a big table of mini cupcakes, red velvet whoopee pies, pastries and who knows what else?

A DJ, plus Wally the Sox mascot, the three World Series trophies .... everything top shelf!

What an incredible experience!

Lee

Attachments

• Fenway Wedding 13, long view.JPG
    Fenway Wedding 13, long view.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Fenway Wedding 15, Dave and Elaine 1, close.JPG
    Fenway Wedding 15, Dave and Elaine 1, close.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Fenway Wedding 19, leaving the ceremony 2.JPG
    Fenway Wedding 19, leaving the ceremony 2.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Fenway Wedding 21, lobster rolls.JPG
    Fenway Wedding 21, lobster rolls.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Fenway Wedding 22, hot dogs!.JPG
    Fenway Wedding 22, hot dogs!.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Fenway Wedding 23, World Series trophies.JPG
    Fenway Wedding 23, World Series trophies.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Fenway Wedding 27, view from Pavilion Suite park seats.JPG
    Fenway Wedding 27, view from Pavilion Suite park seats.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Fenway Wedding 36, dessert table.JPG
    Fenway Wedding 36, dessert table.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 106

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome. World Series Trophies and all. :clap: :clap: :clap: Congrats to the newlyweds.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'll take the lobster rolls. Those look great.

I'm so glad people are moving away from the traditional church weddings. That one looks like a ton of fun, and the bride is beautiful.

In the Houston area, people are buying old mansions on the water and renovating them into wedding venues. It's usually an all-inclusive deal, and most of them are beautiful with great places for pictures, etc.

Another hot thing for a wedding is to charter a yacht. The yacht charter sounds like it would cost an exorbitant amount of money, but it's really not if you have a smallish guest list.