What's Cooking - Sun, July 22 thru Sat, July 28, 2012

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Planning on eggplant parm. But with this storm may just be coold cereal if power goes out.

Embryodad

Planning on eggplant parm. But with this storm may just be coold cereal if power goes out.
Thanks for the mention on the hot dogs peep, and YES.... Tina's cousin called from Woodland Park (old West Paterson) and said they are supposed to get nasty storms.

Tina just called at 11:00....and she is leaving for home from South Jersey Now!

Now...That's a first. She never leaves early to come home!! hahahahaha

My mom used to say, if we said"Oh mom, this was good that you made today!" ....and she would say,"Good...Take a good look at it, because that is what we will be having again tomorrow!" .....haaaaaaaaaaa

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks for the mention on the hot dogs peep, and YES.... Tina's cousin called from Woodland Park (old West Paterson) and said they are supposed to get nasty storms.

Tina just called at 11:00....and she is leaving for home from South Jersey Now!

Now...That's a first. She never leaves early to come home!! hahahahaha

My mom used to say, if we said"Oh mom, this was good that you made today!" ....and she would say,"Good...Take a good look at it, because that is what we will be having again tomorrow!" .....haaaaaaaaaaa
ROTFLMAO!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Making Pasta Primavera with grilled chicken boobies over homemade fettuccine noodles. Need to go to the store for a few items we're out of.

Embryodad

Making Pasta Primavera with grilled chicken boobies over homemade fettuccine noodles. Need to go to the store for a few items we're out of.
If DW saw this...she would say, when at the store.. " Make sure you pick up some "Bar Soap" for your mouth! .....

Boobies is a bad word in this house. According to Sr. Mother Superior Christina who lives far far away from me.....in this house.

HAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter
Today's Lunch...

A few weeks ago I made my second batch of homemade hotdogs. I don't think I'll ever buy them again. I used the recipe in Michael Ruhlman's Charcuterie book. I made a few tweaks, but there is one BAD error in this recipe and throughout his book. He uses way to much curing salt, almost twice the amount necessary in this particular recipe. I actually emailed him about it and he (or someone on his staff) replied that they were aware of the problem and were revising the book.

The first time I made the dogs I used sheep casings. They were good, but I wanted a skinless dog, so this time I used a skinless casing that was easily removed after the dogs were chilled overnight.

I also made the bun. It is topped with homemade pickles, pico de gallo and fried Vidalia onions. :eating2:

IMG_5199.jpg

IMG_5195.jpg

IMG_5164.jpg

Shermie

Site Supporter
That looks GOOD, Squirrel!!

Thanx, Mama. I was wondering where my posts in this forum went. Lost my pic of the beautiful pot roast dinner that I posted.

Embryodad

Today's Lunch...

A few weeks ago I made my second batch of homemade hotdogs. I don't think I'll ever buy them again. I used the recipe in Michael Ruhlman's Charcuterie book. I made a few tweaks, but there is one BAD error in this recipe and throughout his book. He uses way to much curing salt, almost twice the amount necessary in this particular recipe. I actually emailed him about it and he (or someone on his staff) replied that they were aware of the problem and were revising the book.

The first time I made the dogs I used sheep casings. They were good, but I wanted a skinless dog, so this time I used a skinless casing that was easily removed after the dogs were chilled overnight.

I also made the bun. It is topped with homemade pickles, pico de gallo and fried Vidalia onions. :eating2:

IMG_5199.jpg

IMG_5195.jpg

IMG_5164.jpg
Hot Diggity Dog! That is a masterful food dog you made there squirrel!

I love long dogs, and especially on long buns.

Those dogs look great!! Job Well Done.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Hiya!!
I rarely cook at home any longer...but I made killer mussels the other night!

Lemon, wine, garlic, anchovies and mussels, over hand made cappellini.

No one eats mussels down here...I wonder why??

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Getting ready for the Pasta Primavera. Made the pasta using 50/50 whole wheat/white flour.

P1040488.jpg

P1040491.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
BEAUTIFUL Squirrel!

Looks good already Joe.

OOOOOOOOOOO That looks wonderful Lucky.

Change of plans. It is HOT and I am in no mood to stand over a pan of hot oil cooking eggplant then putting oven on to melt cheese. So I think it will be grilled cheese sandwiches and a salad.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
All I can say is....... :clap: Absolutely AMAZING food this week!

It's too hot to cook so it will be grilled chicken salads tonight.

Embryodad

Indubitably the greatest food lineup ever...Joe...lucky T..

They surely will surpass my hot diggity dog hot dogs (Again) tonight.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Thx, Peeps !
Thx, E.D.

....Out for Thai Food Tonight.......... might take my camera...........

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Pretty gutsy of LT to be making a Fall classic at the end of July, but he pulled it off beautifully. Sure would like a little taste of that dinner. I'll bet it would be great with rabbit. Maybe when hunting season gets here.

DW was pleased with the Past Primavera topped with cast iron grilled chicken boobies and fresh grated Parmesan. I used zucchini, summer squash, red & yellow onions, carrots, peppers, carrots and cherry tomatoes. Pretty much takes care of the veggie requirement for din-din. The homemade pasta is always a hit. I made enough pasta for two more meals, so I sense an Alfredo sauce and pasta is in my future dinner plans.

Dinner072612.jpg

Last edited:

Embryodad

Pretty gutsy of LT to be making a Fall classic at the end of July, but he pulled it off beautifully. Sure would like a little taste of that dinner. I'll bet it would be great with rabbit. Maybe when hunting season gets here.

DW was pleased with the Past Primavera topped with cast iron grilled chicken boobies and fresh grated Parmesan. I used zucchini, summer squash, red & yellow onions, carrots, peppers, carrots and cherry tomatoes. Pretty much takes care of the veggie requirement for din-din. The homemade pasta is always a hit. I made enough pasta for two more meals, so I sense an Alfredo sauce and pasta is in my future dinner plans.

Dinner072612.jpg
L00ks Great Joe!.......

What are those flowers that look like 4 or5 leaf clovers?? The mushroom color things.?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Squash everywhere; three wonderful gardeners at work keep me loaded.......... I will probably be revisiting this'n again before Fall.
150p.gif
150p.gif

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Monday - Fran cooked - MUCH tastier than it looks

IMG_2522.jpg

Tuesday
Her Salmon

d2.jpg

His Shrimp

d1.jpg
d3.jpg

Wednesday - chips and dip and Miller Lite at the Concert on the Square

Embryodad

Another Repeat from yesterday...with some added xtra's like the Macaroni Salad I made last night.

65dc26fc.jpg

My dish Minus a Bite. ( I couldn't wait )
Tina calls me..."Mr. Premature!"???? .....I guess because I can never wait!!!
redface.gif
rolleyes.gif

6f98c8e3.jpg

And Now the ultimate treat! ......

Drum Roll First! .. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R5gHF0vzew&feature=fvwrel"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R5gH...feature=fvwrel[/ame]

1b817a33.jpg

The Best Coconut Custard Pie we Ever Tasted. Tina got it at the Farm stand across from her uncles in South Jersey. It's a kit pie from a Philadelphia bakery.

I had to have a doughnut and two cookies so I wouldn't hog out on the pie itself :yum:

Leni

I sliced my leftover tri tip into thin slices and then heated them up in beef broth. We had French dips with steamed broccoli and smashed potatoes. Sliced fresh peaches were dessert.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Hiya!!
I rarely cook at home any longer...but I made killer mussels the other night!

Lemon, wine, garlic, anchovies and mussels, over hand made cappellini.

No one eats mussels down here...I wonder why??

hi, stranger. think i got mussels. frozen. recipe forming in my mind as i post~

Embryodad

hi, stranger. think i got mussels. frozen. recipe forming in my mind as i post~

Ummmm! Sounds good! ... I've got two boxes in the freezer!

For Me Tomorrow Too! ( Copycat Me )

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuJ1AefhWzE[/ame]

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
You all cooked such beautiful meals today.
I stopped at the deli for a stacked reuben and kettle cooked chips.