Tajin

Dogboa

Not the cooking vessel, but the Mexican spice blend. I believe it is pronounced Ta-hin as in Spanish "J" is pronounced as "H". Do you use it and if so how?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I haven't tried it, but it sounds like something I'd like on tacos and in guacamole, if it's not too hot.

Do you have some, Dogboa? Is it very spicy?

Below is from Wiki.

Lee
Tajín (seasoning)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

A bottle of Tajín fruit seasoning

Tajín seasoning on diced jícama

Tajín (styled TAJÍN) is a Mexican company that produces several varieties of condiment, most consisting primarily of chile peppers, lime, and salt.
The company's most popular product is a seasoning powder (called salsa en polvo in Spanish) consisting of chile peppers, salt, and dehydrated lime juice. The powder is tangy and spicy and is used to enhance the flavor of fruits and vegetables. The seasoning is widely available in Mexico and is commonly used as a condiment on the tables of many Mexican restaurants, to season mango and melon, and as a seasoning in micheladas, a beer cocktail.
The company also produces several varieties of salsa.
The company, officially called Empresas Tajín, is located in Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico.

Johnny West

I've not seen it in the Mexican section of the local stores. I'll look at the Mexican owned stores next time to the Asian district.

Dogboa

I haven't tried it, but it sounds like something I'd like on tacos and in guacamole, if it's not too hot.

Do you have some, Dogboa? Is it very spicy?

Below is from Wiki.

Lee
Tajín (seasoning)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

A bottle of Tajín fruit seasoning

Tajín seasoning on diced jícama

Tajín (styled TAJÍN) is a Mexican company that produces several varieties of condiment, most consisting primarily of chile peppers, lime, and salt.
The company's most popular product is a seasoning powder (called salsa en polvo in Spanish) consisting of chile peppers, salt, and dehydrated lime juice. The powder is tangy and spicy and is used to enhance the flavor of fruits and vegetables. The seasoning is widely available in Mexico and is commonly used as a condiment on the tables of many Mexican restaurants, to season mango and melon, and as a seasoning in micheladas, a beer cocktail.
The company also produces several varieties of salsa.
The company, officially called Empresas Tajín, is located in Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico.

It is a good spice blend, but I don't find it excessive, maybe black pepper hot. Then again, I like spicy food. I haven't used it to cook with, but It is good on melon.

Moxie

I use it all the time on Fish or shrimp tacos and Mango salsa.

I don't find it very spicy - just flavorful. There is a but of lime in the mix, so the flavor is more complex than just chilis.