Sirius/XM

Ronjohn

I guess this forum is as good as any to to ask (As opposed to the chit chat or back room forum)..

I need a bit of help please. We got a new truck a couple months back, and I passed on the upgraded audio system that included sirius/xm because the truck doesn't get driven all that much (I picked it up in the beginning of August, and it still hasn't hit 500 miles). As a result, I couldn't justify paying the monthly fee for a hard wired radio. What I'd like to get it one of the portable radios that we could use in the truck, or take out on the boat with us, or even use up north at the cottage.

Any knowledgeable forumites have a suggestion for a good model?

Thanks a bunch!

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I've got an XM tuner we bought a few years ago.

I put a docking kit in the car for it that connects it to the car stereo via the FM radio in the car. You could put one in the boat too if it has a radio. They had a boom box thing it went into to turn it into a full radio but we didn't need that.

I got a sale email from them a few days ago. pm me your email address and I'll forward it to you.

Jim

loboloco

Sportster is a good tuner platform. Some thoughts here, check to see if your radios have accessory ports, if they do, use a cable to direct link. FM link works, but you can get an occasional area where your signal gets interfered with.
Had a Sirius sportster for abt 5 yrs and it worked great except for the one issue I mentioned. I think this might be a bigger problem if you are on a large body of water.