Major Problems With Windows Vista?

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Keltin said:
I OWN my PC……it does not own ME. If I want to wipe it, I’ve got the OS discs and the backups to make it happen. It’s really very easy. Patches upon patches are just duct tape on top of duct tape over a very real hole that is blowing fire and ice.

Don’t let your PC own you…..you are the master if you choose to be.

I am so with you here Keltin. One of my pet peves lately is that when I go to use any given program I get a popup that says that I need to install an update first.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I OWN my PC……it does not own ME. If I want to wipe it, I’ve got the OS discs and the backups to make it happen. It’s really very easy. Patches upon patches are just duct tape on top of duct tape over a very real hole that is blowing fire and ice.

Don’t let your PC own you…..you are the master if you choose to be.
This is a very powerful statement, Keltin, on a lot of levels. I think most people are afraid of their PCs because they feel like it is so complicated that one little mistake will screw it up forever. Not true. Yes, there are some mistakes that can cause you big time problems, but 99% of those can be fixed, too.

Like you said - aside from pictures and video - there is very little personal information on a home PC. If people learned when they first get their PCs to back up, or as Chowder mentioned, make a disk image, and did this weekly - they would feel much more confident.

Wart

Banned
This is a very powerful statement, Keltin, on a lot of levels. I think most people are afraid of their PCs because they feel like it is so complicated that one little mistake will screw it up forever. Not true. Yes, there are some mistakes that can cause you big time problems, but 99% of those can be fixed, too.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. - Carl Sagan (who died in 1996)

Like you said - aside from pictures and video - there is very little personal information on a home PC. If people learned when they first get their PCs to back up, or as Chowder mentioned, make a disk image, and did this weekly - they would feel much more confident.

Yeah, but when trying to tell people of the need to maintain their computer they get a little freaky.