Jalapeno Poppers!

Derek

Banned
Jalapeno Poppers with the banes still attached to them!

Here they are, I'm sorry for the poor photo quality , camera been acting up lately!

528681863_FmsPG-L.jpg

528681878_Q8dTN-L.jpg

528681883_zzjwm-L.jpg

528681895_9c4s5-L.jpg

528681904_HmwkA-L.jpg

528681908_4CCvF-L.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks like you lost a lot of your cheese there, Derek. But they look tasty!

What did you think?

Lee

Derek

Banned
Looks like you lost a lot of your cheese there, Derek. But they look tasty!

What did you think?

Lee
Lee, I did but loose a lot of cheese but that didn't stop me from picking the cheese off the a foil and eat it.

The poppers were AWESOME, I left the banes on for a little heat.

Derek

Banned
Thanks Buzz, I know I could have set the cooked shot up a little better but I was hungry :)

then for some strange reason I was thirsty afterwords HAHA.

Love2"Q"

was wondering about banes myself ...
the pepper looks fairly well cleaned out ..

derek .. mix your cheese with some cream cheese ...
and cook them on the grill at your parents on sunday ..
it will blow them away ...

Deelady

But they ARE also commonly called the membranes.

"Freezing jalapenos is easy, wash them, cut off tops and stems and split lengthwise. Remove seeds and white membranes. Drop jalapeno pieces in boiling water for about 60 seconds, them place in bowl of ice water to cool. When cool, drain well and place in freezer bags or containers and freeze. They should be good for about 12 months. "

Derek

Banned

"Freezing jalapenos is easy, wash them, cut off tops and stems and split lengthwise. Remove seeds and white membranes. Drop jalapeno pieces in boiling water for about 60 seconds, them place in bowl of ice water to cool. When cool, drain well and place in freezer bags or containers and freeze. They should be good for about 12 months. "
Thank you DeeLady, I'm way way ahead of you in this aspect of pepper life, I've been doing this since I've moved in, But thank you very much!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

wash, put on cookie sheet, place in freezer, when frozen, put in ziplock bag or i just throw them into the freezer in the bag they came with..

habanero popcicle anyone?...lol
they are frozen and cold, are they still on fire when you eat them?..lol

9st3f8.jpg

29c1cfa.jpg

Derek

Banned
wash, put on cookie sheet, place in freezer, when frozen, put in ziplock bag or i just throw them into the freezer in the bag they came with..

habanero popcicle anyone?...lol
they are frozen and cold, are they still on fire when you eat them?..lol

9st3f8.jpg

29c1cfa.jpg
Sure, Jeff!

Just de seed & de membrane them ok?

Deelady

LOL I wasn't trying to put the tip about freezing them you guys...I was just showing the quote of a jalapeno site that used the word membrane in their desription.....I just figured I'd include the whole paragraph. :)

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Sure, Jeff!

Just de seed & de membrane them ok?

those pictures i posted are of actual habaneros sitting in my freezer... i dont deseed or take the membrane off. when i cook unless it is specially requested i never take out the membrane. before i make food i say "tonights meal is going to be hot...i am using habanero..."

some are brave, most are not..lol

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
LOL I wasn't trying to put the tip about freezing them you guys...I was just showing the quote of a jalapeno site that used the word membrane in their desription.....I just figured I'd include the whole paragraph. :)

no probs Dee..i still lubs yah:wub:

Deelady

those pictures i posted are of actual habaneros sitting in my freezer... i dont deseed or take the membrane off. when i cook unless it is specially requested i never take out the membrane. before i make food i say "tonights meal is going to be hot...i am using habanero..."

But how much money would it take to get you to eat that whole bag of peppers straight?? :D

Derek

Banned

I'm still not that brave unless they are deseeded, Yeah I know that's the wusses way out, And some day I will go head and eat a whole one.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

I got it Dee! :lol:

Technically, looking at the anatomy, the Placenta can be called a membrane, but the other part of what is called a "vein" is the Capsaicin Glands, and that is where the heat is.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I'm still not that brave unless they are deseeded, Yeah I know that's the wusses way out, And some day I will go head and eat a whole one.

i will tell you this..if you keep thinking about it, you will NEVER eat a whole one... your mind will talk you out of it everytime... grab ahold of one of those citrus flavored balls of fire, wash it off, take the stem off if it has one... have some ice cream handy.... sit down...relax....chomp... wait for a little bit because the first burn is not the serious burn... relax some more...you will sweat...relax, the more you panic the worse its going to be..just remember it is only going to last 1/2 tops(at least for me)...

about 4-5 hours later...then you will know burn..lol

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I’ve eaten a half raw Hab and a whole pickled Hab. GREAT burn. As Bam says, you actually get to chew for a few seconds and enjoy the fruity flavor.

Then WHOA! Nice heat. Don’t take big breaths through your mouth! :lol:

A little beer, maybe a shot of whisky, and it really isn’t that bad at all.

Derek

Banned
i will tell you this..if you keep thinking about it, you will NEVER eat a whole one... your mind will talk you out of it everytime... grab ahold of one of those citrus flavored balls of fire, wash it off, take the stem off if it has one... have some ice cream handy.... sit down...relax....chomp... wait for a little bit because the first burn is not the serious burn... relax some more...you will sweat...relax, the more you panic the worse its going to be..just remember it is only going to last 1/2 tops(at least for me)...

about 4-5 hours later...then you will know burn..lol
Hahah that's too funny Bam, I will try it when I'm good and ready!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Hahah that's too funny Bam, I will try it when I'm good and ready!

i am just telling about human nature Derek... the more a person thinks about something that could possibly hurt them or inflict bodily harm, the less likely that someone is going to do it..its just human nature...nothing personal

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Derek, those look so delicious and if i wasn't too fool from eating snow crab, shrimp, white rice and broccoli i would probably be trying to pick your supper right off my monitor. lol