Doing Jalapeno poppers!

Derek

Banned
Hey gang, I've done poppers before but every bantered me so much I didn't want to do them again for a while, But you know what? screw em, right?

Anyways, Does this sound good for a filling?

Chedder cheese & Mozzorella mix, with tomatoes, cilantro seasoing, pepper, tad bit of salt, onions.

Then I will bake the jalapeno halfs and I de seed them "not debane the" take them out fill them with the filling and then re bake them again for 30 minutes?

Prabably going to bake them for 375 degrees.

homecook

I would think if you baked them twice like that they'd turn to mush. I cut them in half seed them, add the filling, wrap in bacon and put on the grill or in the broiler. They only take 15 minutes or so.
I make a filling of cream cheese, cajun seasoning and garlic powder.

Derek

Banned
I would think if you baked them twice like that they'd turn to mush. I cut them in half seed them, add the filling, wrap in bacon and put on the grill or in the broiler. They only take 15 minutes or so.
I make a filling of cream cheese, cajun seasoning and garlic powder.
Hi HomeCook, According to Guy feidie's recipe you need to toast them for about 5 minutes before you officially bake them!

homecook

Hi HomeCook, According to Guy feidie's recipe you need to toast them for about 5 minutes before you officially bake them!

I don't, never have and mine turn out fine. I've only ever grilled them or put them in the broiler. I've never "baked" mine so maybe it makes a difference. Follow his recipe then.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Homecook is right, Derek, you don't need to pre-bake the jalapenos.

I fill them with cream cheese, too, then put a chunk of hot dog on top of the cheese, and wrap in bacon. I just did some in the oven yesterday at 350 for 45 minutes, till the bacon gets crispy. At 375, I'm guessing they would take maybe 30 minutes, but keep checking.

Lee

Derek

Banned
I don't, never have and mine turn out fine. I've only ever grilled them or put them in the broiler. I've never "baked" mine so maybe it makes a difference. Follow his recipe then.
Hc, I wasn't trying to be mean, Or sarcastic but I was watching guys big bite and that's what he said to do, But I may go with Lee's idea

Homecook is right, Derek, you don't need to pre-bake the jalapenos.

I fill them with cream cheese, too, then put a chunk of hot dog on top of the cheese, and wrap in bacon. I just did some in the oven yesterday at 350 for 45 minutes, till the bacon gets crispy. At 375, I'm guessing they would take maybe 30 minutes, but keep checking.

Lee
Lee, I may go with your idea, Mate!

homecook

Hc, I wasn't trying to be mean, Or sarcastic but I was watching guys big bite and that's what he said to do, But I may go with Lee's idea

I don't know what you're reading into my post? I just said the way that I do it and to follow his recipe if you want! I don't bake mine. I just don't see the need to pre-bake then seed them then fill them.
Lee bakes hers so she has more insight into how that's done.

Derek

Banned
I don't know what you're reading into my post? I just said the way that I do it and to follow his recipe if you want! I don't bake mine. I just don't see the need to pre-bake then seed them then fill them.
Lee bakes hers so she has more insight into how that's done.
Ok thank you HC, and thank you for the understanding.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
this is one way i do mine

deep fry method

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4698&highlight=poppers

ABT's(atomic buffalo turds)

jalapenos
cream cheese
shredded cheese
bacon

you can put anything into a "popper". i regularly put shrimp into them

cut your japs in half, deseed , remove white membrane if desire. mix up cream cheese with your desired ingredients. lay a shrimp in it if desired.
wrap well in bacon. some people use toothpicks to hold bacon in place, i do not.

bake,pan fry,broil,grill,smoke... no need to precook anything. cook with your desired method until bacon is crispy

Derek

Banned
this is one way i do mine

deep fry method

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4698&highlight=poppers

ABT's(atomic buffalo turds)

jalapenos
cream cheese
shredded cheese
bacon

you can put anything into a "popper". i regularly put shrimp into them

cut your japs in half, deseed , remove white membrane if desire. mix up cream cheese with your desired ingredients. lay a shrimp in it if desired.
wrap well in bacon. some people use toothpicks to hold bacon in place, i do not.

bake,pan fry,broil,grill,smoke... no need to precook anything. cook with your desired method until bacon is crispy
Thanks Jeff.

Kei

Not really a popper but something I do for an appetizer is take whole pickled jalapeños, cut them in half and seed them. I then stuff the halves with either tuna salad or chicken salad and set them in the fridge to chill for a bit.
Yummy. :)