Wednesday 8 April Mid Week madness dinner

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Hi

No one had started this, so here I go.
I made a chicken korma which turned out really nicely, delicately spiced and absolutely delicious.

suziquzie

Wow... I meant to start it earlier but I got carried away with things like plugging in a nightlight only to see sparks and a flame shooting out of the outlet......

A fine day here.

I took out chicken earlier. Not sure what to do with it. Baked w/ honey and mustard I'm thinking. And rice.... steamed carrots.

Anyone know a pro bono travelling electrician?

Jeb Clampett

I haven't even thought of it yet. I rarely do dinner pre-planning, but only because my schedule is so fluid is almost never works out.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Raspberry/Jalapeno glazed pork chops, rice and broccoli.

P4080535-1.jpg

chowhound

I was thinking of Bam's Buffalo style shrimp and orange roughy.... probably blackened. By choice that is (lol).

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Wow... I meant to start it earlier but I got carried away with things like plugging in a nightlight only to see sparks and a flame shooting out of the outlet......

A fine day here.

I took out chicken earlier. Not sure what to do with it. Baked w/ honey and mustard I'm thinking. And rice.... steamed carrots.

Anyone know a pro bono travelling electrician?
That would be me you're looking for. But you're going to have to do better on the din-din to get me out this late in the day.:lol: make sure to turn off the breaker to that circuit so the kids don't get hurt. You probably just need the outlet replaced.

I put a bottom round roast in the oven and will pull it out at 130 F, let it rest up to about 140 F, then run it through the slicer and shave it for sammies. Beats teh price they want for rare beef in the deli. Almost $7 per pound. i got the roast on sale for $2.59/lb.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Gotta do something with this breast ............

deener4-8003.jpg

I've got some ledt-over kidneys-cum-diced tomato-cum-mushrooms-cum chili sauce to work with, but maybe that will go over rice ??

deener4-8004.jpg

lilylove

I had a HUGE HUGE plateful of

Penna Lucia - penne pasta and ham, peas, mushrooms and garlic in a tomato cream sauce with parmigiano cheese. Bread with olive oil and garlic sauce for dipping and then we all shared a GIANT piece of tiramisu. It was WONDERFULLY wonderful!!

they brought Paul the wrong dish at first and insisted we bring it home.
I couldn't eat all mine so brought that home to. If we want dinner... it's here and it's GOOOD! BUT... I'm about to explode! lol

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I had a HUGE HUGE plateful of

Penna Lucia - penne pasta and ham, peas, mushrooms and garlic in a tomato cream sauce with parmigiano cheese. Bread with olive oil and garlic sauce for dipping and then we all shared a GIANT piece of tiramisu. It was WONDERFULLY wonderful!!

they brought Paul the wrong dish at first and insisted we bring it home.
I couldn't eat all mine so brought that home to. If we want dinner... it's here and it's GOOOD! BUT... I'm about to explode! lol

Sounds AWESOME!!!! I love Tiramisu!

homecook

Hot dogs with chili sauce and onions, baked beans, and Sass' potato rounds, I think I'll forgo the picture tonight. lol

chowhound

Whelp.... I did the orange roughy differently than usual, on the griddle and on the grill instead of in a fry pan on my stove (plus the damn filet wouldn't have fit in my CI skillet anyway, lol), but that wasn't bad. I just need to work on my heat control since it was a first. And Bam's Buffalo style bacon wrapped shrimp would have been better off NOT skewered and held together with toothpicks, like his friend's recipe says, then I could have treated them individually as flareups happened, but grilling is a learning process, especially when trying something new.
The bottom line, nothing was leftover and everything was tasty :biggrin:
Oh, yeah, a little broccoli with cheese sauce was made, too.

Attachments

• roughyongrill.jpg
    roughyongrill.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 92
  • roughydinner2.jpg
    roughydinner2.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 92

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We did a Cajun crawfish boil tonight and a dark chocolate, Bourbon, coffee cake. YUM

homecook

Looks super!!
What kind of griddle do you have chow? Is it the reversible one with grids on one side and flat on the other?? I've got one of those and never thought to put it on the grill. Great idea!!