What's That on the Grill, Bill ?? Sunday 12/16 - Saturday 12/22 ??

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I'll have family over again this Sunday..... last time, I carried in a Party Tray and made a mess of Sausage & Peppers..... so much left over !!

I'm just gonna make a bunch of Wraps, and carry in Mac & Potato Salads from the Deli ...

:chef:

Johnny West

It's raining - was planning to grill a steak and will see what it's like this afternoon.

My onion gravy was so good the other night, I may make it again to go with some boiled potatoes. :readytoeat:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm making pan seared salmon filets w/ white rice/green onion dish and honey carrots.

Johnny West

..anything special we need to know about that gravy, Johnny ??:readytoeat:

I gave the burgers a health amount of Worcestershire Sauce - my mom called them sizzle burgers. After I took the the burgers out of the skillet, I sautéed the onions, took them out, and made gravy from two packets of McCormick's Gluten Free Brown Gravy Mix. When the gravy was thickened I added the onions back to he gravy.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
NCT 20181216_154743-768x768.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Scallops-Shrimp-Mussels-& Anchovies Spaghetti.

Attachments

• aSun_d.jpg
    aSun_d.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 117

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Kalua pig on the BGE and what is supposed to be an authentic Hawaiian macaroni salad.

Attachments

• 2018-12-16 18.35.49.jpg
    2018-12-16 18.35.49.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 107

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Do you have a recipe for that macaroni salad, med?
Does it have pineapple in it?

Yes I do and I'll post link/recipe tomorrow. No, it doesn't have pineapple. In fact, author makes comment that pineapple and ham don't belong in it.

Embryodad

Scallops-Shrimp-Mussels-& Anchovies Spaghetti.
I can see a lot of chin drippage there! Ummmm

Bad Boy Jimmy! Once upon a time, we had a chinese buffet next to the Sears Roebuck ....

We stopped to get the $19.99 all you can eat. You know....., the typical !
I came home stuffed, and My hands broke out in a rash from stuffing the whatever was there into my face cheeks.

Well... the next time we went to indulge, I came prepared. I dawned Nitrile gloves , and tore into those crab legs and shrimp peel & aat like it was going to be taken away from me . The juices were dripping off my face cheeks, and guess what? No one would sit with me. There was Tina, growling and talking through her teeth. Like a puppeteer.
I had a bowl of water and towels to keep washing my face. Like a finger bowl.
My wife threatened to leave, and the kids were like, Dah Dah Dad....for Gods sake, can you please stop?
When I finished, and found a few holes in the gloves from the sharp shells, I just peeled off the gloves with a snap, and put on another clean pair.
I was about to say,"Okay, Who's Next?".......

The family never opted to stop there to eat again! At least not with me.
Hey!.... I was only protecting myself from a rash!

Dogboa

That was the first time I did Kalua pork. The recipe I used only called for pink sea salt. We wrapped a boneless pork butt in banana leaves, then Saran wrap and finally HD foil. Cooked 6 hours @ 275F on the Egg. If I make it again, I'm using a different recipe and only wrapping it in banana leaves. The recipe came from a guy that was highly recommended on the BGE forum as some kind of guru. I prefer to have some smoke flavor for something like this. Guess that guy doesn't. What a waste of the peach 1/2 splits I used. It was good, but not what I expected.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday's attempt had a few flaws...
A. Over-filled !
b. Assembled too early - Wraps got soggy !

But they TASTED good

Roast Beef Wrap in Corn Tortilla
Turkey Wrap in Flour Tortilla

Wraps.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I can see a lot of chin drippage there! Ummmm

Bad Boy Jimmy! Once upon a time, we had a chinese buffet next to the Sears Roebuck ....

We stopped to get the $19.99 all you can eat. You know....., the typical !
I came home stuffed, and My hands broke out in a rash from stuffing the whatever was there into my face cheeks.

Well... the next time we went to indulge, I came prepared. I dawned Nitrile gloves , and tore into those crab legs and shrimp peel & aat like it was going to be taken away from me . The juices were dripping off my face cheeks, and guess what? No one would sit with me. There was Tina, growling and talking through her teeth. Like a puppeteer.
I had a bowl of water and towels to keep washing my face. Like a finger bowl.
My wife threatened to leave, and the kids were like, Dah Dah Dad....for Gods sake, can you please stop?
When I finished, and found a few holes in the gloves from the sharp shells, I just peeled off the gloves with a snap, and put on another clean pair.
I was about to say,"Okay, Who's Next?".......

The family never opted to stop there to eat again! At least not with me.
Hey!.... I was only protecting myself from a rash!
Thanks Jimmy for making me laugh, and how to prepare to go to Boom town for their all you can eat Lobster Buffet.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Bacon cheddar brats on a bed of kraut.
Pan sauteed pierogies with caramelized onions.
Excellent dinner.

NCT 20181217_170521-768x768.jpg

Johnny West

It's a tuna day. I'm not cooking today and after a haircut this afternoon I got a foot long at tuna Subway, double tuna and it was a behemoth. That's all I'm eating today and will get a decent breakfast when I get to Salt lake City tomorrow.

Last night I pan fried a NY Strip, baked a potato, and made onion gravy in the pan drippings. :readytoeat:

Attachments

• 0-5 copy.jpg
    0-5 copy.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 97

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Sushi and seared tuna with avocado and homemade ponzu, with a little bit of red pepper flakes and finely chopped jalapeno thrown on.

Sushi is:

Maine lobster with Kewpie mayo and a tiny bit of wasabi.

Shrimp with asparagus, shredded carrot, cucumber, avo, green onions and wasabi.

Spicy tuna with kimchi base, cucumber and green onions.

Vege rolls with above veges, wasabi and wilted chopped spinach with just a touch of sesame oil.

And we have 1 each leftover of the shrimp, lobster and vege rolls for lunch or brunch tomorrow.

Attachments

• 2018-12-17 18.44.00.jpg
    2018-12-17 18.44.00.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 2018-12-17 18.46.07.jpg
    2018-12-17 18.46.07.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 96

Embryodad

Pea Soup tonight, with diced ham, potatoes, and carrots. I jiggled off the bone and fat off the ham hock, and ate that too.
No bread... ( diet conscious ) but two little packets of unsalted oyster crackers.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Reversed Seared Steak- (Enjoyed learning a new method.)-Three Bridge Gluten Free Ravioli w/red gravy' topped with fried Cheddar-& Pea's.

Attachments

• mondi.jpg
    mondi.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 94

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry -- Sliced up a small Sirloin.... I had bought four of them, and grilled the first one last week... It was pretty tough, so I thought this application might make it easier on my Dentures, lol - It was an easier chew...

Beef Teriyaki Stir-Fry.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I may do pounded chicken breasts tonight with cornflake coating, just depends on how I feel.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I may do pounded chicken breasts tonight with cornflake coating, just depends on how I feel.

Nope.
Going to do one of our trusty stand by freezer pals.
The Bird's Eye Voila! three cheese chicken and pasta skillet dinner.
DIL baked a yellow cake while I napped, I'll frost it as she's now sleeping because she goes into work at 4:30 :yum:
Crazy schedule we keep!