What are you doing today?

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I mentored a pen turning seminar in my shop today. I had two students they each made a pen the hard, but, beautiful way. They came out great and everyone had a good day.

Johnny West

Today I went to hospital; got meds, got an appointment for a knee shot Friday (was hoping he'd do it today but is booked for the week), shopped the commissary, Class VI Store, did some banking, and did the usual house work :)bonk:) and am now settling down to watch some football.

Tomorrow I'll sub LAP Reading at the junior high in the morning and grade school in the afternoon.

Embryodad

Today, I started the leaf blowing ritual. Did the front and blew them all on the front street curb side. Yep! The DPW has a huge vacuum machine, and they suck them up once a week.
The back yard, I just blow them into the woods. Easy!

Johnny West

It's a rainy day with 40 MPH wind gusts that are blowing millions of drought killed fir needles everywhere.

I got the knee shot, picked up Amelia, then took a huge load to goodwill.

Tonight it's the opera - Don Giovanni.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Enjoyed a dinner with a friend here.

The Sausage Siciliano was the bomb. :heart:

I loved their menu, Sass!

I was curious about the Sausage Siciliano - it's like a sausage cacciatore, with onions and peppers in a marinara sauce. One of my faves!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I loved their menu, Sass!

I was curious about the Sausage Siciliano - it's like a sausage cacciatore, with onions and peppers in a marinara sauce. One of my faves!

Lee

Yes.
Last time I ate there I got the lamb chop Augustino.
It was good too, and I'm not all that wild about lamb.

Embryodad

Been working on putting the boxer engine back together for the neighbors Subaru.
We Should have it in and running by Sunday hopefully.
It surely would be nice to have younger eyes and vision.

Johnny West

I'm going to the 1000 church service, then afterward there is a potluck. I made the Funeral Pototes and they will go in the oven shortly. Later I'll make baked squash and sloppy joes' for dinner. Now I'm wondering how much human DNA is in the burger.

I'd of had to have the lamb, Sass. I love lamb and get it every time I see it on the menu.

The rain stopped for the moment.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had a run in with a spider the other day. I looked over at my sweet potato plant and saw one of these http://www.utahlawncare.net/wolf-spiders-are-poisonous-but-not-lethal/:

wolf-spider-with-babies-300x200.jpg

I had no clue what kind of spider. It was very large and looked like it had a dried morel on its back...ha, always thinking about food :). It also looked like it could leap about 5 or 6 feet, so I didn't want to get close to it...at all.

So, I sprayed it with wasp spray, and it just sat there. I sprayed it a second time, and it jumped down from the leaf. Underneath her there were 100's of tiny babies :shock:. The spray killed the babies, but I'm not real sure what happened to her. I've been keeping my eyes peeled.

Embryodad

I had a run in with a spider the other day. I looked over at my sweet potato plant and saw one of these http://www.utahlawncare.net/wolf-spiders-are-poisonous-but-not-lethal/:

wolf-spider-with-babies-300x200.jpg

I had no clue what kind of spider. It was very large and looked like it had a dried morel on its back...ha, always thinking about food :). It also looked like it could leap about 5 or 6 feet, so I didn't want to get close to it...at all.

So, I sprayed it with wasp spray, and it just sat there. I sprayed it a second time, and it jumped down from the leaf. Underneath her there were 100's of tiny babies :shock:. The spray killed the babies, but I'm not real sure what happened to her. I've been keeping my eyes peeled.
Oh! No! ..... now you really peeved her off! Be careful.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I am prepped up for making a fruitcake!

the recipe is from the 1930's - back when fast food was unheard of -

I have numerous acquaintances who "I hate fruit cake" - then carefully sidle up with the request for another slice.... it's a moist dark fruitcake with booze. hmmmm, maybe that explains it.......

Johnny West

I love fruit cake and always buy a Claxton for Christmas.
I visited their old store once and couldn't believe they were
all made there. I'm sure there is a big bakery somewhere. lol

I'm changing out a bathroom sink today. Oy vey!

Leni

Where are you Johnny? It is raining here and I'm loving every drop. The problem is that folks forget how to drive in the rain. Just heard sirens go by.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

oy vey, as well. cannot snooze fer luv, nor $$. & fruitcakes aren't so bad. they're actually kinda alright when made properly.

i have to cook, clean, feed my tig & babbit, dial a few ppl, & grocery shop. my nurse should be here by 5:00pm to take me shopping.

Last edited:

Johnny West

I'm doing a bathroom sink change out and it's not going well.
The plumbing underneath the sink has been giving me fits with
fit and leaks. Plumber putty is next.

Hopefully by bed time I can post the pasta pictures from last night.

I'll order pizza delivery later.

That's a wonderful looking fruit cake.

Johnny West

Where are you Johnny? It is raining here and I'm loving every drop. The problem is that folks forget how to drive in the rain. Just heard sirens go by.

I'm in the Tacoma area. It's been raining on and off for days and the rivers are flooding. I'm looking forward to snow in the mountains so the reservoirs can fill up - it's where Seattle and Tacoma get their water. My area has a well so it's no worries.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, ChowderMan - would you please post your recipe for your fruitcake, with the photo, n a thread of its own?

That looks too good to get lost in a general thread!

Thanks,

Lee

Johnny West

The house cleaners are here doing the things I don't want to do.
My brother and brother-in-law are coming this weekend and want
the place looking top shelf. I teach junior high the next two days so
won't be around much, if at all. We'll see?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
This time change has me all screwed up :glare:.

Jimmy, I'm still keeping a look out for that spider...don't want to experience revenge of the ninja spider.

Good luck with the junior high kids, JW. I taught 7th grade for a while, and we used to joke about them having the Jekyll and Hyde syndrome because the same student would be very mature one day and very immature the next. You never knew from day to day which one was going to walk through the door. 8th and up was a lot better.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Today is the last of a one week cabbage soup diet. Tonight I celebrate with Shiraz and an Italian dinner.

Leni

So, how much did you lose? :fridge: :popcorn: :bbq: And how much are you going to gain back? I know, I'm not being nice. :yum:

Johnny West

Junior High here is 8 & 9th plus had one class of grade 10 bussed in from the high school. They were all decent kids, no one got hurt, but I am worn out. I'm not in the shape I was last year when I did the long term sub gig. I'll have the same classes tomorrow.