Anyone live in Eastern PA ?

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
I have a friend in Reading, PA who owns a BBQ supply store. I promised him that I'd stop by on Saturday with some doughs and do a demo baking bread on various cookers. Most will probably be on BGEs, but I believe the folks from BBQ Guru will be bringing up one of their new, unreleased, cookers that are really phenomenal. They are very well insulated and purportedly can maintain a fire for 60 hours on one load of charcoal. I'm planning on firing it up to about 900 F and doing some pizzas.

Anyway, it's open to the public, and there will be plenty of bread to sample. Please stop by and say hello!

http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com/

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't live in Eastern Pennsylvania but you sure are making me WISH I did. :D

Have a good time. It sounds AWESOME!!!!!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Dang! Mapquest says it's 6 hr 40 minutes and 394 miles. Sorry, just a bit far from Mentor. Give 'em hell, Warren.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Its at least 4 hours closer for you Joe than me. I have made the trip to Warren's now for the ECG since it started. That is a long tiring drive for me and my wife. We do it in one day usually.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Darn, would love to meet up with you Joe! We'd have a ball.

I invited him to the last ECG, Warren but he couldn't make it. I figured you two would love to compare baking notes and I know he would have a ball with your toys too. :wink:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
If nothing else a little jealous of your setup. It would probably make him go home and build some of it.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
If nothing else a little jealous of your setup. It would probably make him go home and build some of it.
LOL. I showed DW Warren's WFO, and she gave me "the look." You know the one where if you even entertain that thought for 10 more seconds you're dead meat. And the "you're not putting that thing in MY back yard" look. Yeah. :lol: I would love to spend a few days up to my elbows in dough and sweating in front of your WFO. Let me know when the next event is and I'll see what I can do. I'm already doing a week of fishing and baking in Grayling, Michigan in July and hoping for airfares to drop so I can fish the North Umpqua and the McKenzie Rivers in Oregon for a week in the Fall. If I hit Oregon I'll visit Vyapti and help him out with his bread baking. He's in Eugene where I have to drive through to fish the Mckenzie.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
LOL. I showed DW Warren's WFO, and she gave me "the look." You know the one where if you even entertain that thought for 10 more seconds you're dead meat. And the "you're not putting that thing in MY back yard" look. Yeah. :lol: I would love to spend a few days up to my elbows in dough and sweating in front of your WFO. Let me know when the next event is and I'll see what I can do. I'm already doing a week of fishing and baking in Grayling, Michigan in July and hoping for airfares to drop so I can fish the North Umpqua and the McKenzie Rivers in Oregon for a week in the Fall. If I hit Oregon I'll visit Vyapti and help him out with his bread baking. He's in Eugene where I have to drive through to fish the Mckenzie.

Oh I sure we all know that look, at least the married men here. :yum: