What's Cooking NCT Sun 7/20 to Sat 7/26/2014?

Embryodad

The Food thought hit a __________ blank.

Have no clue what to make for supper...

I Dooo Have Yeast Raised Waffle batter, and it's Time to make some belgian Waffles. That will get things rollllling! I hope!

I do have Pork Steaks; braised with lots of onions, with potato wedges and apple sauce on the side floating in my mind :bonk:. hmmmmm????/

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I have a double batch of spaghetti sauce on the stove simmering. I'm leaning towards chicken parm (wifey) & eggplant parm (me).

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Wha Happened?? Power failure?
That sucks when the freezer is out.

Not a power failure. Fridge failure and hub won't accept it has been getting much worse over the last year. Especially in the summer.

Embryodad

I'm having Pork Steaks braised with onions and potatoes wedges.

Tina picked up a rotisserie chicken at the ShopRite after church this am.
She and her Uncle can knock their selves out eating it.
I won't eat that xxxt.

Well.... I made nice Belgian waffles for them for breakfast, but I don't see anyone cooking my pork steaks. Duhhh!
It's like "Shady Pines" Nursing Home over here. We are all getting too old to keep our eye's open. :corny:

Actually leave me out of that scenario. :laugh:I don't do that, or I would be up all night trying to sleep.
The only way I would nap, is if I were half "S" faced from too many drinks. And I don't mean Iced Tea or Kool Aid! hahahahahaha

Embryodad

Not a power failure. Fridge failure and hub won't accept it has been getting much worse over the last year. Especially in the summer.
Peep... did you check the condenser at the bottom?
They attract dust, and that blocks proper air flow. Mine has a grill that pops off on the bottom. I lay down ( like a beached whale hahaha ) and carefully brush and vacuum out the fur and dust balls. That would be the number one thing to look for.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peep... did you check the condenser at the bottom?
They attract dust, and that blocks proper air flow. Mine has a grill that pops off on the bottom. I lay down ( like a beached whale hahaha ) and carefully brush and vacuum out the fur and dust balls. That would be the number one thing to look for.

Used to do that and it did no good. Can't do it now and NO ONE else will!! I don't think it will help. It's 26 yrs old and just hasn't been working properly for several years. But hub won't accept that fact.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I managed to round up a small vac-packed batch of Smithfield Country Ham - ends and middle sliced thin....

it's one of those southern things we get to craving about twice a year - altho it's been a long time since we had some. I was whining to the Deli Manager and my local market he said they don't carry it but "psssst - check out Market X - that's where I get it!"

pan fried, fresh corn on the cob, steamed zuke. yust jummy!

Embryodad

Used to do that and it did no good. Can't do it now and NO ONE else will!! I don't think it will help. It's 26 yrs old and just hasn't been working properly for several years. But hub won't accept that fact.
Then it's like Shermie said...
Time for a new one...

The new ones of today, are much more energy efficient.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Breaded then baked eggplant rounds, then turned into Parmesan. Wifey had chicken Parmesan, and a nice side of s'ghetti with homemade sauce. Tomorrow will be a repa=eat of today, as I made enough so we don't have to cook. Both of us will have a very busy day tomorrow.

Embryodad

Breaded then baked eggplant rounds, then turned into Parmesan. Wifey had chicken Parmesan, and a nice side of s'ghetti with homemade sauce. Tomorrow will be a repa=eat of today, as I made enough so we don't have to cook. Both of us will have a very busy day tomorrow.

I would be busy just eating that Joe!
The sauce is so nice and red color. Looks like a stick to the sketti real good sauce too.

The wife likes the egg plant all smootched into a pan and baked.
I like the ( what I call ) the Peeps Method! ... Thicker than thin, and breaded and fried, and then sauced and cheesed and baked. Ummm!

Another thing I (eye) like, is the egg plant breaded and fried, then the kept in the reefer ones, at night for a snack.....make a nice sandwich; no sauce, but a slice of provalone or shaved Romano cheese. Bite Bite Bite.... Yum Yum Yum!!!

Your pic looks like they are baked individually too!...

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have a question ... the fridge specs say the depth is 29 inches WITHOUT the doors. My doorway is exactly 29 inches wide. Will it fit thru the door? If not I can't get a new fridge. :sad:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Try having the kitchen or front door temporarily removed. And then, just for added ease of getting the unit through the doorway(s), have the fridge doors themselves temporarily removed.

Mine is an apartment size (about 10.0 cubic feet). But because the stairs are so narrow, the delivery guys had to remove the fridge doors temporarily to get the unit up the stairs. The transition was smooth and easy, but getting the old one down the stairs was hard because it was a bit wider (12.0 cubic feet). :wink: :piesmiley1:

Embryodad

I have a question ... the fridge specs say the depth is 29 inches WITHOUT the doors. My doorway is exactly 29 inches wide. Will it fit thru the door? If not I can't get a new fridge. :sad:
The doors will have to be removed on the refer.
Son Jimmy did a remodel, and they (Lowes) removed the doors on the refigerator to get it in the house, and then put the doors back on.

What they wouldn't do, is remove the moulding and door on the house.
It was No Big Deal for Lowes anyway.

You may have to remove a moulding on the wood frame of the door because 29 exactly does not fit in 29. The clear opening would have to be at least 29 1/4" That doesn't seem like a big deal. All doors have a door stop strip that can be removed / replaced.
Even if you call in a handy man for like 50 bucks to do it. It would be well worth a new fridge.

Last edited:
K

Kimchee

Red Curry Thai Salmon...

Attachments

• RedCurrySalmonRice.jpg
    RedCurrySalmonRice.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 129

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Your pic looks like they are baked individually too!...
I baked the breaded eggplant first, then put them in a greased 9x13 glass dish and topped each piece individually with sauce & cheese, then baked again for about 20 minutes @ 350F. My sauce is thick, so it stays in place and the glass dish is a lot easier to clean afterwards.

I also like eggplant parm sandwiches or just the cold leftovers.

Shermie

Site Supporter
The doors will have to be removed on the refer.
Son Jimmy did a remodel, and they (Lowes) removed the doors on the refigerator to get it in the house, and then put the doors back on.

What they wouldn't do, is remove the moulding and door on the house.
It was No Big Deal for Lowes anyway.

You may have to remove a moulding on the wood frame of the door because 29 exactly does not fit in 29. The clear opening would have to be at least 29 1/4" That doesn't seem like a big deal. All doors have a door stop strip that can be removed / replaced.
Even if you call in a handy man for like 50 bucks to do it. It would be well worth a new fridge.

Lowes is where I bought mine from.

They'll haul away the old one for you, so that you don't have to worry about how you're going to get rid of it.

Rule of thumb here is to never buy anything that won't fit through the doors easily enough. :bonk:

Embryodad

Peeps/ Chili Dogs?? Maybe they should put on a sweater!! hahahah

That sounds real good.... Tina made chili a week ago, and in the freezer. Hmmm!
I got the dogs...and the buns.
Just might have them tonight for supper. Chili Cheese Dogs even sounds better.
Thanks for the inspiration peeps.....

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Unless your house has doors from the 1800's that were built onsite, you have a 30" door with door stop thta reduces the opening to 29". The stop needs to be removed, frige brought in, then the stop reapplied. Anyone who is handy can do this, or a handyman can be hired to do it. The other reason for a 29" doorway is if someone framed an opening to a non-standard opening.

Just my 2 cents.

Embryodad

Unless your house has doors from the 1800's that were built onsite, you have a 30" door with door stop thta reduces the opening to 29". The stop needs to be removed, frige brought in, then the stop reapplied. Anyone who is handy can do this, or a handyman can be hired to do it. The other reason for a 29" doorway is if someone framed an opening to a non-standard opening.

Just my 2 cents.
If Not enough room....Time for the SawZall ....and a good cats paw.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
If Not enough room....Time for the SawZall ....and a good cats paw.
...and I have both in my truck! I've removed entire doors with jamb to get furniture in or out of a house. I wouldn't let something like door get in the way of getting a new fridge. But, that's just me. YMMV.

Embryodad

This p i t a house (standard 40' x 28' bi-level ) was built in 1965. All the inside doors, are like commercial metal framed pre-hung doors. All odd sizes. Tina hates them, and it's a major pita to replace them after cutting them out. All the rough openings have to be framed bigger too. I'm sure you've seen that.

Anyway... sorry about the carpentry post, but we had hamburgers grilled, and local Jersey Sweet Corn ......finally! Ummm...Good! Butter salt, and Old Bay...YUM!

Tina had chicken soup with home made egg drop noodles. She loves her soup; no matter how hot it is outside. Well...the house is cool a a cucumber; so it's not so unbearable for soup.

Embryodad

Chowder is cooking slowly and the house smells awesome.

I used the scallops, and muscles instead of clams...
Instead of making a rue and etc., I am going to use some cream of mushroom soup to cream it.

I will pull out the cooked muscles / shells, and tweak them out of their shells, so I could just dig in and chow down.
Withe a loaf of Italian seeded and braided bread ...and butter, It's going to be grrreat, as Tony The Tiger Would Roar!" .... :chef:

The last thing would be to garnish it all, with the chopped green onions I have in a dish all ready!