2 lbs. ground chuck
½ lb. ground pork
8 slices white or Italian bread moisten it good with water
2 tbsp. minced garlic
1/3 c. parsley flakes or if using fresh use ½ c. flat leaf parsley
3 eggs
1 c. grated Romano cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all together and fry in preferred oil. My aunt always used Mazola.
She did use lots of bread I think that was her secret. So if you think you need more bread go for it.

chowhound

How do you use the moistened bread slices? I've only seen recipes using crumbs. Do you tear it into chunks?

trishrock

You moisten the bread with some water..Squeese out the water with your hands. That way it makes small clumps. Hope that helps...

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I've been looking for a good meatball recipe for our spaghetti, so let me make sure I have this right:
Moisten the bread, squeeze the water out of it making smalls clumps, then mix in all the rest of the ingredients, then form into small balls and fry?
Thanks!

chowhound

Thanks Trishrock.
I'm thinking it comes out looking like dressing/stuffing then? I think I got it. Mav can be the guinea pic, then I'll go (lol).

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
LOL Fred, I will see if I can talk the wife into trying this in the next couple of days, I think we got most of the ingredients already.

Johnny West

2009? It's been awhile.

The is the basic recipe I use excelt I don't use spinach and don't roll in crumbs. I add it all - they shouldn't be too dry as the sausage is pretty fat. We'll see. I made mine fairly big, too, so will give them more time to enusre they are done.

Baked Meatballs

Recipe courtesy Alton Brown, 2005

Prep Time:20 minInactive Prep Time:--Cook Time:20 min
Level:
Easy
Serves:
20 meatballs, 4 to 5 servings

Ingredients
1/2 pound ground pork
1/2 pound ground lamb
1/2 pound ground round
5 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained thoroughly
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
1 whole egg
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup bread crumbs, divided

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the pork, lamb, ground round, spinach, cheese, egg, basil, parsley, garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs. Using your hands, mix all ingredients until well incorporated. Use immediately or place in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.

Place the remaining 1/4 cup of bread crumbs into a small bowl. Using a scale, weigh meatballs into 1.5-ounce portions and place on a sheet pan. Using your hands, shape the meatballs into rounds, roll in the bread crumbs and place the meatballs in individual, miniature muffin tin cups. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.

Johnny West

These smell wonderful and hope they taste as good as they smell.

FullSizeRender_26.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
mmmm, I bet the lamb really makes the aroma and flavor!

Lee