Random Picture Thread - Part Deux

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I picked up this little scratching bed for my Pootie today (Wal-Mart $16). I am hoping that it stops him from wanting to scratch the edges of the sofa/chairs. It's made of corrugated cardboard, and it comes with catnip that you pour down into the holes. He was so funny! He wallowed all over it, using the thing to scratch his ears and back. Problem is, when he put his claws in it and tried to do "his thing" that he does on the furniture, the silly bed just slides across the carpet (serious engineering error on the manufacturer's part). So now I'm trying to figure out a way to make it heavier so that he will use it instead of my newly upholstered sofa.
Oh, he is so beautiful, Cooksie. He looks like a mountain lion. You might try putting some of those non-slip strips (like you put in the bathtub) on the bottom of the scratching bed. Or maybe some of that non-slip shelf liner.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Oh, he is so beautiful, Cooksie. He looks like a mountain lion. You might try putting some of those non-slip strips (like you put in the bathtub) on the bottom of the scratching bed. Or maybe some of that non-slip shelf liner.

Darn good idea. Here I was thinking how to attach bricks :dizzy:.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
I picked up this little scratching bed for my Pootie today (Wal-Mart $16). I am hoping that it stops him from wanting to scratch the edges of the sofa/chairs. It's made of corrugated cardboard, and it comes with catnip that you pour down into the holes. He was so funny! He wallowed all over it, using the thing to scratch his ears and back. Problem is, when he put his claws in it and tried to do "his thing" that he does on the furniture, the silly bed just slides across the carpet (serious engineering error on the manufacturer's part). So now I'm trying to figure out a way to make it heavier so that he will use it instead of my newly upholstered sofa.

3740715436_8eb4b7c018.jpg

WOWSERS< MAJOR claws!

Newnork1978

KittenPillow2.jpg

Our kitten "Trouble" doing her best couch-cushion/arm-rest impression.

PussTongue.jpg

Our cat "Puss-Puss" lounging on the back of the couch with his tongue sticking out.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
awwwww, pretty babies! fuzzy little kitten! looks so regal with that beard!

suziquzie

Good morning!
Haven't posted any pics in awhile, so I thought I would share some of the goofiness in my home this morning!

My children's outdoor toy sculpture art project....
sigh.
Remember when slides were just SLIDES!!???!?!? :bounce:

Attachments

• IMG_2985.jpg
    IMG_2985.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2986.jpg
    IMG_2986.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 148

chowhound

No doubt you have geniuses for kids, Suzi.
They obviously turned the wagon upside down in case it rained last night, so it wouldn't fill with water.

;^)

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Here's my cat Jack. He is fat, so I've been trying to get him to exercise. It's not working out so well - here he is on the treadmill.

Attachments

• FatJack.jpg
    FatJack.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 135

lilylove

LOL... maybe Jack needs a kitten to hype him up some.

I just got Paul to say "I would entertain the thought that Seven needs a friend" !!!!

Even back when we had Lily Lily Queen of Cats... I could never get him to let me get another kitty! So just hearing those words is pretty exciting! :) :)

Though...it could be like mommy saying "maybe later" to a three year old. We all know that means NO! :yum: :yum: