What is Your Weather?

Leni

Leni,
It is 95 here right now. We are typically cooler than you I know, but geez we have had heat since the first week of August, I know because we had a party on that Saturday. Really tired of it. My garden still thinks it is summer, will have tomatoes til Thanksgiving! Family invited themselves for dinner tonight because our AC is better than theres! It is great because they are bringing it. Salmon from Costco and their Quinoa salad which I have not had.

As you know I'm in the Valley which is the hotest part of Los Angeles. I'm not going outside until after 5:00.

Embryodad

Made it to 62º this Monday afternoon.

Rain forcast for three days with temps in the low to upper 70's for Wed Thur Fri.

It definetely is soup / stew / kind of weather.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Nice here, but pretty chilly!! Sun was shining somewhat. Towerow, it is supposed to be in the 70s with sunshine.

Guts

sunny hot - very hot! 102° yesterday.. the day before was 100° today should be triple digits but I think it's going to cool down or so they say. All I know is after the heat ends it's going to rain usually somewhere around Halloween or just after. Doesn't rain all that much here, can't remember the last time it rained but it's been some time.

Leni

Guts, it was 108 here yesterday. Now that is hot! I think that the last time it rained here was sometime in May. Very late for us. Usually the rainy season end in Feburary.

Guts

Yeah I hear you Leni got hotter today it was 104° today and at 4 PM it's still 100° I'm going to wait till about 5:30 PM to do my yard work/mow the yard.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
We are having a heat wave here. 56 and supposed to stay there all night. By Sunday it is only going to be 43 for a daytime high. Glad i fired the big boiler up last week. We are going to make another run on the garden and then turn the chickens loose. They love to eat all the leftovers. Peppers are still producing and flowering. Have more tomatoes than we need already and probably another big bucket full to pick.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
weather.jpg

Looks like a nice weekend coming up for me and the gals to load up for a trip to Shipshewana, Indiana-- Christmas shopping!

Last edited:

Embryodad

We are having a heat wave here. 56 and supposed to stay there all night. By Sunday it is only going to be 43 for a daytime high. Glad i fired the big boiler up last week. We are going to make another run on the garden and then turn the chickens loose. They love to eat all the leftovers. Peppers are still producing and flowering. Have more tomatoes than we need already and probably another big bucket full to pick.
Great decision to fire up the boiler now.

A lot of people wait too long to turn on and check out their heating systems.

I have to yet tune up mine; but this sciatic back pain is keeping me down.

Have all the parts, but soon as I get some relief, it will get done soon!

It warmed up a bit here too! Right now its 60º Rained most of the day!

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Sh*T, great weather to be a duck.

Been cooling off nicely, now there is a front coming through, rain all night, foggy, and now tomorrow is supposed to be back up in the mid 80's! I have LOVED having the windows open, and some Autumn weather on the rise, tomorrow is just going to be a humid, balmy, almost hot crap shoot. Just enough to make everyone feel sick, and throw our bodies for a loop.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
= blahh..

Details for Friday, October 05

Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm during the morning, then some lingering showers still possible this afternoon. High around 55F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Evening: Rain showers early becoming more intermittent overnight. Low 39F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Embryodad

It's Sunday...10/14/2012....

It warmed up a little. 67º out at 5:27 PM. Sunny...no real wind to speak of.

I broke down a pallet (Ton ) of pellets, and placed them back of the house under cover. The other 3 tons, I tarped and roped.

Blew Leaves .... and did some odds and ends outside. That's enough for the day.
Now I rest...take pain killers to alleviate this darn sciatic leftover pain.

Tomorrow they are calling for rain, and 66º

I got the fan in the window now pulling the hot air out, and the cool air in.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It got up to 71 degrees today.
Weather forecast was calling for severe storms with the front blowing in.. and wow what a blowing it's been!
It's been windy (35+mph) all day with some rain coming... no storms tho.
Supposed to get down to 49 tonight.
54/36 tomorrow.

Leni

We have full blown Santa Anna winds today. Gusts up to 50 MPH out of the north. Humidity is very low and my skin is really feeling that. Sure hope that a fire doesn't start.

Embryodad

We have full blown Santa Anna winds today. Gusts up to 50 MPH out of the north. Humidity is very low and my skin is really feeling that. Sure hope that a fire doesn't start.
Leni... too bad you couldn't get a little of the East Coast moisture.

I hate dry. It is tough on skin.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Leni,
I despise Santa Ana conditions. As a matter of fact we try to travel this time of year just to get away from them. Seems like we had them nearly into Christmas last year. We flew in from Oregon last night, home too soon. It was lovely up there with fall colors and cool weather. Better water my garden.

Embryodad

Here it is Friday, and we have the weekend to gather storm items, as what they are saying...we are supposed to get a whopper of a storm.
I doubt it that we would get anything over 40 mph as far as wind, but I know we will get a large amount of rain. We are too far inland to get the brunt of the storm. Still though, I readied the generator...gassed the car full and three 5 gallon cans of gas for the generator just in case.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
We just had 2 days of crazy warm for this time of year. Got up to 71 today. I ran my generator today and have plenty of gas on hand. Glad the leaves are gone as last year it broke a lot of trees that still had leaves. Local weather says 3-5 inches of rain is on the way.

Embryodad

We just had 2 days of crazy warm for this time of year. Got up to 71 today. I ran my generator today and have plenty of gas on hand. Glad the leaves are gone as last year it broke a lot of trees that still had leaves. Local weather says 3-5 inches of rain is on the way.
The leaves are only 1/2 down here. I'm sure the winds will pull off the remainder, and the trees will have less chance of cracking. Hmmm! Maybe I could send DW outside tomorrow with this big pole I have...I'll hook a coat hanger on it, and she can pull the leaves off the tree.

I will make it worthwhile and tell her I will give her a penny for every leaf she pulls off; as long as she counts them as she throws them in the back wooded area.
Ha Ha ....Can You Imagine. She'll probably say she will give me a quarter for every leaf she pounds up " ** ***"..... LOL

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
It does not look too good for you folks down there no matter which way the storm goes. We were lucky last year. The latest track shows it pushing the front coming in tomorrow back over Ohio and Michigan. That will mean all rain for us but snow in WV.

Leni

I've been watching the reports of the storm. Sounds like a good time to hunker down and stay safe. Be careful everyone.

And wouldn't you know that this weekend is a major ham radio contest. Thinking good thoughts for the towers and antennas. W6DDD's XYL

Embryodad

OK... NOVEMBER...Wednesday 11/7/2012

Snowing..32.7ºF out. Just sticking on grass..streets just wet.
Lots of traffic... Rt 80 by us a little slick.
1 to 3" expected ...
The extreme coastal NJ is getting a lot of snow. That's where the moisture is!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Snow on the roads - slipin and sidin.

I think NYC will have to make it without me tomorrow.

This and Sandy aftermath should be just "DEVINE" in there.