Help needed for my Daughters project.

Galvatron

I can't believe mine hasn't got there yet. I sent cards in a brown envelope from the post office with a label printed right from a copy and paste of what you posted to me what your address was.

Im so sorry but no show yet....but i have not given up hope yet....1 member sent 2 cards posted 10 min apart and they arrived 10 days apart....and if they are lost thanks anyway,and i will get the dog to bite the postman as pay back:mrgreen:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Whos been in the Nutty Bars?

Couldn't wait until the picture was taken? :yum::yum:

Galvatron

Whos been in the Nutty Bars?

Couldn't wait until the picture was taken? :yum::yum:

Jim that was my son...he said it was his duty to check for nut content as his little sister has a allergy towards them...i did tell him he could just read the labels but he says his sweet tooth does a better job:yum::yum::yum:

Try stopping a 16 year old lad thats 6 foot 2 inch tall not an once of fat and loves his food:boxing:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Jim that was my son...he said it was his duty to check for nut content as his little sister has a allergy towards them...i did tell him he could just read the labels but he says his sweet tooth does a better job:yum::yum::yum:

Try stopping a 16 year old lad thats 6 foot 2 inch tall not an once of fat and loves his food:boxing:

Tell him that "Nutty" isn't a description of the contents, rather a label for whoever consumes them!

Galvatron

Lilly and her school got a real treat today...The Mail man arrived just before she left for school and she received from CowboyJG (a member of FF)a real taste of Tennessee History...included was a Book of Tennessee with amazing pictures and history...a collection of 15 postcards showing amazing past images and a necklace Representing the Tennessee Volunteer University Football Team.

Today was the last day of term and the teachers and kids enjoyed learning so much about the USA with facts written up by Lilly,maps printed off and showing where all the postcards come from,sweets to tickle their taste buds and other items sent showing a nation i call friends of mine and the generosity of people that are members of a a group of Forums dotted all over the globe.

All the items i have now back at home and i will enjoy learning more with Lilly as time goes on and we shall be spending the summer Holidays replying to as many as possible as a personal thank you....and not forgetting picking 2 random postcards to send a prize to as an extra thank you.

Honestly everyone THANK YOU...you have made this a interesting and fun way of doing a school project.....Lilly sends a big hug to all that helped make this possible.

Todays Mail Bag from FF member Cowboy....

Attachments

• SDC10830.JPG
    SDC10830.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 114
  • SDC10831.JPG
    SDC10831.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 81

Galvatron

My daughter has chosen 2 random postcards while blindfolded (she is now terrified of the dark:yum:)

winning 2..... BensPawPaw gets a inflatable cooler whilst Hula Mac gets a box of chocs...i will PM you both for mailing details.

Thank You all for making this so much fun:applause:

Attachments

• 98.jpg
    98.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 121

Wasabi

It was fun for us too. I would do again in a heart beat. Thank you for allowing us to share in Lilly's project......plus I get a loverly box of chocolates.........Thank you!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That one must've taken a detour. I mailed it the same day as the one of Blennerhassett Mansion ..and you got that weeks ago. The first one was mailed from West Virginia and the one you posted today was mailed from Ohio. What a difference in delivery time. :eek:

That pic is within a mile of where we dock our boat. Just past the bridge on the left is our docks.

Galvatron

That one must've taken a detour. I mailed it the same day as the one of Blennerhassett Mansion ..and you got that weeks ago. The first one was mailed from West Virginia and the one you posted today was mailed from Ohio. What a difference in delivery time. :eek:

That pic is within a mile of where we dock our boat. Just past the bridge on the left is our docks.

Thanks Doc this gives hope to the folk that have sent and i have not received from yet.

And looking at the back it has not been stamped by the mailing office...how odd:unsure:....does this make it an illegal immigrant:yum::yum::yum:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dang. I made a special trip so that it would get an Ohio postmark for your daughter. :bonk: Should've known the post office would screw it up.
I do think it's an illegal. :eek:

Galvatron

Dang. I made a special trip so that it would get an Ohio postmark for your daughter. :bonk: Should've known the post office would screw it up.
I do think it's an illegal. :eek:

Taken into custody for further questioning :yum::yum::yum:

Looked through and yours is the only one without being stamped by the mailing office...

detained in the Galvtanamo Bay Holding area:yum:

Galvatron

The evidence....no mailing stamp over the stamps:yum::yum::yum:

We have a mystery on our hands...i think it was Doc in the mail room with the candlestick :yum:

Attachments

• 98.jpg
    98.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 97

Galvatron

The Mail continues so lets have a rummage round my sack:yum:

Thanks Hema and BamsBQQ:chef:

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 89

homecook

Well Doc you're one of the lucky ones from Ohio....I mailed two of them and neither got there. But then again our mailman stops at our house sometimes 2 times a day cuz he happened to find more of our mail. We've also had three subs this past summer......who knows??

Galvatron

Todays mail bag.....

Thank you to muleman from me and Lilly:chef:

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 72