Tattoos ?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
this goes pretty good with what you're saying

Stop judging, that you may not be judged.
For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you.
Why do you notice the splinter in your brother’s eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye?
How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove that splinter from your eye,’ while the wooden beam is in your eye?
You hypocrite, remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother’s eye.

I went back and read through the posts to see where someone was judging another and I simply can't find it. What I did see was people giving their personal opinion on tattoos but I have yet to see any judgment. Just because you disagree with someone does not mean that you are judging them. Maybe I missed something....:unsure:

S.Shepherd

I went back and read through the posts to see where someone was judging another and I simply can't find it. What I did see was people giving their personal opinion on tattoos but I have yet to see any judgment. Just because you disagree with someone does not mean that you are judging them. Maybe I missed something....:unsure:

I used a mojority or the phrase, but highlighted the part that applied to what he was saying

chowhound

I guess you'd have to ask Keltin, since he's the one that first brought it up. Sean was just adding onto Keltin's post. I didn't notice anything (too much) either.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I think what he is getting at is the bold part - splinter in thy brothers eye (an ugly tattoo) and - missing the mote in one’s own (bad haircut, ugly shirt, bleached hair, etc).

It’s easy to say tattoos are nasty horrible looking things, but what about the guy with a facial density of 3 wiry hairs per square inch that tries to grow a beard? :w00t:

Sure, SK brought the topic up, and opinions are going to come in. But saying I don’t like tattoos or I don’t like a Mullet Haircut is a far cry from saying Mullets are shitty looking monstrosities that ruin your life.

My point is, tattoos are personal expression, a way of dressing one’s self. Just like a haircut, shirt, bleach job, etc. I just don’t understand how someone can have such a strong and scalding opinion about a tattoo, one act of adorning or dressing the body, and not be as adamant about the proper way to shave, cut one’s hair, dress, etc, etc, etc.

Or maybe everyone does?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Even with the highlighted phrase...I still don't see it. All I see is differing opinions. Keltin?

S.Shepherd

I think what he is getting at is the bold part - splinter in thy brothers eye (an ugly tattoo) and - missing the mote in one’s own (bad haircut, ugly shirt, bleached hair, etc).

It’s easy to say tattoos are nasty horrible looking things, but what about the guy with a facial density of 3 wiry hairs per square inch that tries to grow a beard? :w00t:

Sure, SK brought the topic up, and opinions are going to come in. But saying I don’t like tattoos or I don’t like a Mullet Haircut is a far cry from saying Mullets are shitty looking monstrosities that ruin your life.

My point is, tattoos are personal expression, a way of dressing one’s self. Just like a haircut, shirt, bleach job, etc. I just don’t understand how someone can have such a strong and scalding opinion about a tattoo, one act of adorning or dressing the body, and not be as adamant about the proper way to shave, cut one’s hair, dress, etc, etc, etc.

Or maybe everyone does?

ya, thats all I was getting at.

BTW...I live in the land of the lost here. There are small pockets of the mullet still alive..power mullets

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
ya, thats all I was getting at.

BTW...I live in the land of the lost here. There are small pockets of the mullet still alive..power mullets

You still see a few mullets down here. I also work with some eccentric individuals! It's not uncommon to see someone bald on top sporting a pony tail. Hell, I guess that is better than a comb-over? :lol:

21lvgut.jpg

That pic is Reggie from Phantasm.....and actually, the look works for him!

Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
My best friend in the world after Vietnam swore he would never cut his hair or shave again and has kept that promise too.

S.Shepherd

let me add this.

Tattoos are a very polorizing subject. The old sayin that they fade into meaningless blobs isn't so true anymore. Advancements in ink have come along way since WWII :smile: But, you also have to remember that the sun dammages a tat, just like it does your skin.
Personally I always admired the old vets tattoos. I look at them as a reminder of what they've done/ where they've been.
I know alot of people look at tattoos as part of a "criminal" or undesirable culture. Even in Japan today you must cover up them at gyms like powerhouse, and at alot of onsen there are signs saying no tattoos allowed. Many people still feel that if your japanese, and have a tattoo, you're yakuza.

S.Shepherd

You still see a few mullets down here. I also work with some eccentric individuals! It's not uncommon to see someone bald on top sporting a pony tail. Hell, I guess that is better than a comb-over? :lol:

21lvgut.jpg

That pic is Reggie from Phantasm.....and actually, the look works for him!

Ahh, a version being seen alot more with the mullet-- a very mature mullet-- the Skullet

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
My dad could paint and sketch. Very artistic. Hell, there wasn’t much he couldn’t do. He gave himself a few tattoos with Indian Ink and they all had a very deep meaning.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
let me add this.

Tattoos are a very polorizing subject. The old sayin that they fade into meaningless blobs isn't so true anymore. Advancements in ink have come along way since WWII :smile: But, you also have to remember that the sun dammages a tat, just like it does your skin.
Personally I always admired the old vets tattoos. I look at them as a reminder of what they've done/ where they've been.
I know alot of people look at tattoos as part of a "criminal" or undesirable culture. Even in Japan today you must cover up them at gyms like powerhouse, and at alot of onsen there are signs saying no tattoos allowed. Many people still feel that if your japanese, and have a tattoo, you're yakuza.

:respect: for putting it the way you did. i use to see older guys when i was just a kid with those blue tattoos of various shapes. i always thought "Eww i am never getting a tattoo..." then they would tell me where they got them and why.. i have been a tattoo fan ever since.

i know with my tattoos, the majority of them have a lifetime warranty on the color(as long as we are both alive..lol).. i have had the tiger reworked because my artist didnt like the face. when she sees my color loss, she will highlight it for free.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Thanks Sass and FM! He was trying to spike the top last night and because it's getting long it wouldn't stay up too well. I think he used a whole jar of gel. lol Then he had me spray it!! He usually combs it down except when going out.
I just don't get the ears though.........

My youngest just had his gauged! The oldest has the tats, one on each shoulder and his last name on the inside of his arm from elbow to wrist.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I would if I could pick the spots and get the video or better yet watch. :ohmy:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Or like the sounds you make with a finger moving quickly over your lips while making a buzzing sound like imitating a motor boat to entertain a infant. :shock:

Last edited: