Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Re: Obama - Stem Cell Research

Don't get me started.........

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter

It was a campaign promise, saw it coming a mile away... but let's follow Mama's example and tread lightly here please.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

No, no, no…..I seriously do not want a political and religious debate here. But I’m just surprised that Obama would do something so ballsy so soon! He’s shaking so many trees so soon in office, I’m wondering how long he’ll last??? They already tried to impeach him because of his birth certificate, what else will they try to do to stop him?

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter

Well on that note, yes he is moving very fast. Somethings I understand, some I also question why he was so quick. His critics are demanding he do everything now or it is proof that he is ineffective so he has pressure from that side. Then there is the economy.. it really can't wait.
Now North Korea is already 'testing' him...

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

I'm not big on staying in touch with the news....as you can see.....what's up with North Korea?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

He's got the balls of a brass monkey. (No offense, Mav.)

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter

They wanna test a ballistic missile. We say missile they say testing rockets for satellite launches, UN Resolution says they can't do either anyway. So S. Korea, Japan, and the US say if they do fire it, we will intercept it and shoot it down. N. Korea says we are preparing for an invasion, seals up it boarders, and says if we shoot it down it will be an act of war.
Most 'experts' are waving it off as more N. Korean rhetoric and testing the waters with Obama to gauge his reaction and strength.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

They wanna test a ballistic missile. We say missile they say testing rockets for satellite launches, UN Resolution says they can't do either anyway. So S. Korea, Japan, and the US say if they do fire it, we will intercept it and shoot it down. N. Korea says we are preparing for an invasion, seals up it boarders, and says if we shoot it down it will be an act of war.
Most 'experts' are waving it off as more N. Korean rhetoric and testing the waters with Obama to gauge his reaction and strength.

Well crap. That's encouraging. See why I don't watch the news! :yum:

lilylove

It takes a lot of guts to do what you think is right... and no matter what ya think of the guy he's sticking to what he believes in.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

The only thing I was interested in discussing is how fast Obama is moving. I can't remember any other president or politician so ready to rattle the cages so quickly.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

It takes a lot of guts to do what you think is right... and no matter what ya think of the guy he's sticking to what he believes in.

Definitely got to give him that. I'm curious how it will all turn out.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter

As long as we stick to discussions on general views of how fast he is moving, why he is moving so fast, what factors are involved, etc we are fine.
We get stem cell research or politics into the convo, then yea we gotta move it outta here!!
I would like to think we can handle that... but just in case remember Evil Monkey sees all!!!!:stooges:

(spooked yet?):yum:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

As long as we stick to discussions on general views of how fast he is moving, why he is moving so fast, what factors are involved, etc we are fine.
We get stem cell research or politics into the convo, then yea we gotta move it outta here!!
I would like to think we can handle that... but just in case remember Evil Monkey sees all!!!!:stooges:

(spooked yet?):yum:

5dp6xs.jpg

:yum:

Really, what Obama is doing is blowing away what I used to say about all Presidents.
They were all just icons for the public to focus on, but the real power lied with the “advisors”, generals, etc that had been there for generations. Now, Obama is saying damn to them all and making decision based on his promises and own ideals. It seems we may finally have a President and not a puppet. It’s very interesting. Some may not agree with what he is doing, but he was elected, so I’m rather pleased to see him shaking some tress and not just sitting back and taking the handouts under the table. Right or wrong, he is definitely acting differently, boldly, and strongly.

I'm just surpirsed is all. But......if this thread does turn South, close it fast Mav!!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Well, we'll see if you get your brass balls back if this one come down the Pike.:ninja::circle::pee_smilie:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter

5dp6xs.jpg

:yum:

Really, what Obama is doing is blowing away what I used to say about all Presidents.
They were all just icons for the public to focus on, but the real power lied with the “advisors”, generals, etc that had been there for generations. Now, Obama is saying damn to them all and making decision based on his promises and own ideals. It seems we may finally have a President and not a puppet. It’s very interesting. Some may not agree with what he is doing, but he was elected, so I’m rather pleased to see him shaking some tress and not just sitting back and taking the handouts under the table. Right or wrong, he is definitely acting differently, boldly, and strongly.

I'm just surpirsed is all. But......if this thread does turn South, close it fast Mav!!!

That's the second time I have done that to that poor kitty!!!:yum:

And I agree, I like the take charge attitude, and we did elect him. But just as much as we don't want him to loose his 'voice' in the coming years, we have to make sure we don't loose our voice as well!
That voice brought on some change, we need to keep it up!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

That's the second time I have done that to that poor kitty!!!:yum:

And I agree, I like the take charge attitude, and we did elect him. But just as much as we don't want him to loose his 'voice' in the coming years, we have to make sure we don't loose our voice as well!
That voice brought on some change, we need to keep it up!

That poor, poor kitty! :yum:

But you're right, another great post Mav!

One thing I do love about Obama is his abilitiy to deliver a speech. Damn that man can talk. Such a change from the dialect and presentation we've had lately.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter

Well, I am very selfish.. I really really really really really wanted him to stay here for awhile more and... uh... FIX THIS STATE!!!!!

LMAO!

joec

Gold Site Supporter

Oh and I forgot to mention that Mexico is now on the list beside Pakistan for a country that could collapse at any moment giving us a failed state on our southern border. Yes folks stem cell research is hardly a high priority but he said 2 years ago he would change it when he got on the campaign trail. No surprise here but as I've said from the beginning give him time. He will either be one of our great presidents or one of our worse but to find that out takes time.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter

No matter who is in office I try to respect the office and give the person in office a chance before I start criticizing. As I have said in the past, I am issue oriented and not party affiliated. No matter who would be in office at this present time in our history, I would wish success. And, I can honestly state that I have never agreed with all things that all presidents have done in office.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Without getting into the feelings or thoughts about embryonic stem cell research, stem cell research is a high priority in the medical community. Not only are we beginning to see huge advances in the treatment of so many diseases - cancer, heart disease, brain diseases, spinal cord injuries - but the ability to cure those diseases instead of long term treatment will affect each of us positively in terms of health care costs and treatment options.

BTW, most of the advances we have already made were using non-embryonic stem cells - those obtained through adult donation as well as umbilical cord blood collection. I was amazed to be able to collect and store my youngest child's cord blood. We got a kit and then overnight shipped it to the storage facility in Florida. Heaven forbid my boy will ever need it but if he does, it's available.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
OK but lets not go past NON-embryonic stem cells please... I don't wanna have to stay up late giving everyone my Evil Monkey Eye!!!!!

(Note to self: invent Evil Monkey Eye look)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
OK but lets not go past NON-embryonic stem cells please... I don't wanna have to stay up late giving everyone my Evil Monkey Eye!!!!!

(Note to self: invent Evil Monkey Eye look)

Is that like the SF "Hadouken"?????? :yum:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOtfSPiReKE[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.