Ying to your Yang...The Happy Thread

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Gotta have a balance, so what makes you HAPPY?? For me, its my family especially my kids.

Happy is walking into Dunkin Donuts for coffee (it was late and our usual place was closed) and finding it on sale 1lb for $5.99.

Happy is a forecast that says snow, then nothing happens!

So, what makes ya happy??

Last edited:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
family, friends and cooking good bbq for both of them

drinking Tim Hortons coffee...that always makes me happy :thumb:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
My wife and kids, grand kids and great grand kids.
Ripping around a good road course in my mustang as fast as it will go.
A dozen filled Krispy Kreme donuts or a good meal at home.

I'm really pretty easy these days to make happy.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Oh oh oh!! Krispy Kreme donuts!! Love them to the point I will eat em till I get sick, LOL!!!

cara

being together with friends and family...
visiting places with water and a beautiful scenery... driving around with our old cars..
go out and find great places to take photos...

lilylove

Hubby..son..son's girlfriend...kittens...starbucks...Mexico...sunshine..smiles...hugs...kisses..friends..laughter..
beach walks.. dogs..bunnies..zoos...chocolate...pina coladas with fresh strawberries... karma... :)

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
The only problem with that song.... is all the counseling that is going to take place afterward!!!:yum::shock:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Ya know what would make me happy? If in the thread title I had put 2 p's in the word happy!!

Mods!!!!!!!!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Excellent bluesy jazz, a great cocktail, a sultry evening that's not too humid, wearing a great pair of heels and being with Lou.... I can pretty much count on all of that each Friday or Saturday evening with the exception of the sultry evening. It's too damn cold lately......

Listening to Etta James right now...

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I am never as happy as I am sitting on the beach. I love the scent of the ocean, the sound of the surf and the gulls.

Every muscle relaxes. I sigh and I smile.

Now, if the water is a clear turquoise and warm, and the sand feels like confectioner's sugar, I am delirious!

Thanks for starting this thread, Mav! :thumb:

Lee

PanchoHambre

Ya know what would make me happy? If in the thread title I had put 2 p's in the word happy!!

Mods!!!!!!!!

LOL I HATE misspelling a thread title... so aggravating and you cannot edit... I am a wretched speller too... on my local blog one of my neighbors asked me if I was still drunk... because the last time I had seen him was a few days before at a new years party.... I informed him I could misspell perfectly well sober thank you!

"If you like Pina Coladas, and walking in the rain...":whistle:

Fun Pancho Fact... Rupert Holmes lived in my neighborhood growing up... and yes I love that silly song

Things that make me happy... good topic Mav.. I tend to ge negative in winter

The sun.. I think I suffer a bit from SAD... we had one sunny warm day a week ago and my moot was amazingly elevated

The ocean... I love the beach.... even grimy beach like Coney Island or Galveston... totally re-centers me. I don't know how I would deal living more than a day-trip drive from a coast.

Cooking something really good always makes me happy... sharing it with others and having them enjoy it even better.

The fact that my parents worry about me

hearing my n'er do well brothers voice... we've been through alot.. there is nobody I love more.. in the back of my mind I am always worried about him so hearing him happy and well brings me joy even If I don't like his choices.

The unconditional love of my dogs... even though they are really bad dogs & my cats silly antics

Seeing my neigborhood gradually improve... anytime another abandoned house gets renovated or a new business opens I feel good about what me and others are doing to make things better

Seeing the local kids ongoing game of pickup football on one of the lots on my block... there is so much trouble for them to get into around here and so many of them are from rough families so seeing them doing something like that... even in the blistering cold is nice.

When an old song I liked but had forgotten comes on the radio

Ska

Bacon

Water Ice

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Excellent bluesy jazz, a great cocktail, a sultry evening that's not too humid, wearing a great pair of heels and being with Lou.... I can pretty much count on all of that each Friday or Saturday evening with the exception of the sultry evening. It's too damn cold lately......

Listening to Etta James right now...

Sometimes I think that we were separated at birth except I only dominate pastry. I could say the exact same thing except I don't have a Lou right now to share that with on the weekends.

I was going to hear The Reid Project Jam every Thursday night at a little hole in the wall called, "The House of Swing where jazz is king". It was one of my favorite ways to unwind especially when Miss Butterscotch is there to sing. I could go for a night out and some live music.

I actually love all the cultural pursuits: museums, live music, live dance, theatre and independent and foreign film.

Being a caregiver has made it harder to avail of these favorite pastimes but I still try to go.

I also love to go for a massage and enjoy a trip down south in the winter. These things make me happy. Baking use to make me happy.

I know!!!! These make me ecstatic:
Dark Chocolate Covered Australian Apriocts from my favorite candy store in the whole wide world:
http://www.mitchellsfinecandies.com

Calicolady

What makes me happy - Thanks for the thread Mav.

My weinerdog/baby sleeping with his back up against the middle of mine to keep me warm this afternoon. I came down with a cold and fever and he must have known it. It's been 88 to 40s and back up all week and it was just a matter of time, so I decided to lay down for a few hours. It was like a bomb hit me.
And I had planned to prep for dad's 78th birhtday party tomorrow. I'll get it all done, but lost 3 hours.
But I'm glad I still have my dad and I live near enough to see him 3 sometimes 4 times a week.
And I'm happy we talk 1-2 times a day and end with, "I love you".

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Hmmmmmm... cooking, food, my dogs, my blessings, my hardships (for they make me stronger), and great friends!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I actually edited one I posted 2 days ago without much problem.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
That I don't know about and didn't notice if you could still delete it. I left a word out of a sentence which I noticed and fixed so just a straight edit as far as I know.