How did you pick your avatar and user id?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I don't see this question listed, but if so I do apologize in advance. I am just wondering how everyone came to pick both their avatar and their user id. It is only fair I go first!

Maverick2272: I got the nickname as a kid, because I didn't conform to any particular group or clique. 22 is my birth day, and 72 is my birth year.

My avatar: My dog Lassie, a 4 year old Beagle. We did not pick her out of the litter, she picked us! We had our eye on a male, but she came running right up to us and wouldn't leave us alone! When we left to go get money out of the bank to pay for her, the owner told us she howled until we came back. She is the same way to this day, where I go she goes! She is just like my late Springer Spaniel in that aspect.

Ok, who is next???

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'll go next. I started forums forums and chose the ID Doc, cause i was often called a computer doctor. Plus it was simple. Now I am long tired of that name, but, I want to be consistant across all my forums. So, Doc works or Greg works for me.

I was homer simpson on here for the longest time. Got tired of it, and liked this picture of our houseboat. It was cold outside and i was missing boating, so I like to look at the houseboat and think of warmer boating days. :D

Funny how pups can make you pick them, and usually they know best. :D We have a Great Dane, and she is one of the sweetest dogs we've ever had. So easy to train and fun to have around. :thumb:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
My turn?

My user name source should be obvious :whistle:

I was born and raised in Texas and love tex-mex food so that is the source for the avatar, a bowl of chips along with pico de gallo. You also might see a pirate flag in September during Talk-Like-A-Pirate Day.

On other forums you will see a b/w picture of my granddads Minneapolis Moline, the pirate flag again and various 1911 pistols.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
The houseboat is cool. When I was growing up we used to take vacations up on Lake of the Woods (I think, memory is not what it used to be!). We would rent a house boat and fishing boat on the US side, then go to customs before heading into the Canadian side. Some great fishing up there!

chowhound

Talk Like a Pirate Day? :huh:

I hear ya about the warmer weather ahead, Doc. I have a pic of my bike on my computers' desktop.... blue skies, green grass..... (sigh) Sometimes it's just nice to look and daydream.

Hmmm, this is a setup question, isn't it Maverick :lol:
My user name.... I just came up with it in ten seconds. I wanted something food related (this time) and of course I am into dogs. I have three of my own and own a boarding facility, so what better?

My avatar.... My avatar is an inside joke for those in the know :wink: I'll probably change it after a while. Or not :yum:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That does sound like fun. I know there is good fishing up there. :thumb:
We have the houseboat (1987) and a smaller boat to ride the waves in. We love it. We live for summertime. :D

edit to add:
I was tempted to ask about your avatar ....but was afraid of the answer so I'm riding it out. :yum:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Talk Like a Pirate Day? :huh:

I hear ya about the warmer weather ahead, Doc. I have a pic of my bike on my computers' desktop.... blue skies, green grass..... (sigh) Sometimes it's just nice to look and daydream.

Hmmm, this is a setup question, isn't it Maverick :lol:
My user name.... I just came up with it in ten seconds. I wanted something food related (this time) and of course I am into dogs. I have three of my own and own a boarding facility, so what better?

My avatar.... My avatar is an inside joke for those in the know :wink: I'll probably change it after a while. Or not :yum:

Inquiring minds wanted to know, but I had a hunch it either had to do with lots of mashed potatoes... or lots of hungry dogs!:yum:

lilylove

Lily was my much loved cat. I got her when she was 8 weeks old and she made our lives a better place to be for 13 years before she died last year.

My avatar is just a temp for now... a cake I made. Peppermint. Yummy!!
I need to find one of Lily or of Mexico that more fits "ME".

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Lily was my much loved cat. I got her when she was 8 weeks old and she made our lives a better place to be for 13 years before she died last year.

My avatar is just a temp for now... a cake I made. Peppermint. Yummy!!
I need to find one of Lily or of Mexico that more fits "ME".

Im very VERy sorry about your cat. :(
I have 2 and they are gettting older by the day. Im REALLLLLLLLY sorry :sad:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I picked my username over 10 years ago when I joined a BBQ forum, trying to learn how to cook low and slow over charcoal. Q is short for "BBQ" and since it was my brother who actually bought the smoker, I am QSis.

My avatar honors the very best team in the history of professional sports. :whistling:

Lee

P.S. Beautiful-looking cake, Trish! Would like to get a look at the inside of that houseboat, Doc!

High Cheese

Saucier
Jeekinz is a nickname from high school. Other nicknames are Jay Bird, Jake, JJ. All spin offs of Jason.

My avatar just cracks me up. Fun With Steak.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
My screen name is obvious, and my avatar is one of my finer loaves of no-knead bread.

Chowhound, keep your avatar while we "port over" some of the friendlies. They will understand it immediately.

I gotta e-mail Pacanis and get his butt on this forum.

Joe

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DUH! I just went to e-mail Fred, only to find out he's Chowhound. :yum::yum: I feel like such a PUTZ! Good joke on me, that's for sure. Alright, we're finally all driving the bus in the same direction.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Would like to get a look at the inside of that houseboat, Doc!

Okay, I'll see what I can arrange. I have some pics I can share, I'm just about to head out to do some running so, if I don't post some pics in the next couple of days please remind me. I love looking at boating pics while it's cold outside. It gives me hope. :D

lilylove

I picked my username over 10 years ago when I joined a BBQ forum, trying to learn how to cook low and slow over charcoal. Q is short for "BBQ" and since it was my brother who actually bought the smoker, I am QSis.

My avatar honors the very best team in the history of professional sports. :whistling:

Lee

P.S. Beautiful-looking cake, Trish! Would like to get a look at the inside of that houseboat, Doc!

Thanks! It really did taste good!
I can post the recipe if you'd like!
I may have got it from some "other" site!

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Seriously Joe????? You did not know that was Fred?????? Lord!!!!! Let me come over there and thump you on the head!!! LOL!

Sattie is a nickname I picked up at work and I liked it. In school and still today, I am referred to as Stain, Satan, Satine, but my name is SATIN... just like the material. I chose Sattie because it was easier for folks to deal with than Satin.

My avatar.... well.. I love food, love to eat.... and I'm always thinking about what the next meal is gonna be! I got the idea to change my avatar every so often from pacanis!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Name- where I am and texaswoman or texasfemale didn't sound right and I dont' like chic.

avatar will change all the time, right now, I'm ready for Nascar to get going.

smoke king

Banned
Mrs says I would bake cookies on my smoker if I could figure out a way, so voila! Smoke King's the name-BBQ's my game!!

As for the avatar, I enjoy seeing my picture somewhere other than the post office.........

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well I use my first name and my last name initial is all. As for my avatar it was given to me at Knifeforums.com last year and I added the patch to the turtle since I too have a patch on my left eye since it has been gone for years. At any rate I'm old and the turtle reminded them of me. I love it and use it for all forums I belong too.