Who's your fav tv chefs & why?

Derek

Banned
Well the topic says it all.
Here's mine.

Alton Brown, Because hes funny his shows entertaining and his shows actually educational.

Rachael Ray, Because shes pretty and she can cook, Oh yeah and she loves big dogs not the little jumping been chihuahua's.

Iron Chef Morimoto, Because he drinks sake every chance he gets during a cook off........

I guess that's about it

Last edited:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Rachael Ray, Because shes pretty and she can cook, Oh yeah and she loves big dogs not the little jumping been chihuahua's.
Uh oh - you're too new here to know that someone on this forum has an unnatural obsession with Rachael Ray. Really. This guy has more pics of her than her own parents do! Now he's gonna start posting them again.....:lol:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Bobby Flay - Love his grillin and like his attitude
Alton Brown - Very informative and off the wall
Mario Batali - Great chef and entertaining
Morimoto - Also great chef

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I miss David Rosengarten (not a chef) but a connosieur and cook and Sara Moulton who was a chef and a protege of Julia Child. I also miss the different bakers who use to be on Bakers' Dozen. I wish there were more real baking shows but it is hard to condense how to make something into a half hour.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Uh oh - you're too new here to know that someone on this forum has an unnatural obsession with Rachael Ray. Really. This guy has more pics of her than her own parents do! Now he's gonna start posting them again.....:lol:

Who?

Lee

Derek

Banned
Well I'm not like that, I just kknow a nice looking woman who cooks that's all.

By the way What's with the food exploration lately on the food network?

Now the animal guy Jeff Corwin is doing Andrew zimmerans job and eating strange food.

lilylove

Paula Deen...cuz, she cooks just like I do!

Love Rachael's recipes but can't stand watching her.

Chef Jeff for his work with inner city kids.

Jamie Oliver.. just cuz!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Alton Brown – Very scientific, and I like that
Morimoto – He’s very good!
Bourdain – Total package: wise ass, educated, smooth talking, drinks…and he can cook too!

Derek

Banned

Jamie Oliver.. just cuz!
Oh yeah, Jamie Oliver taught me how to bake a fish in foil :)

Of coarse thats watching his show.

By the way what ever happened to his show?

Oh and GORDEN RAMSEY because he uses the f word every 5 seconds :)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Jamie Oliver.. just cuz!

Oh hell, forgot about Jamie Oliver. I love him! I miss Naked Chef!

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Flay - Love his southwestern style of cooking and he is not afraid of spice and heat.

Batali - He seems to have a very grounded sense in cooking and a level of simplicity that I can appreciate.

Kwong - Because her dishes are natural, simple, and pure.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Now the animal guy Jeff Corwin is doing Andrew zimmerans job and eating strange food.

I just can't get over the Jeff Corwin thing... watching him on the Animal Planet channel, here he is doting over the animals, now he is gonna be eating them?

I know everyone eats, some eat meat, some not, just seems strange to see him say "Oh, look at this beautiful rare lizard, tastes pretty damn good grilled!"

lilylove

lol... does seem like a strange change of pace...but not that different from us saying oh look at that nice cute teddy bear... and then thinking DINNNNNER!!!

Derek

Banned
I just can't get over the Jeff Corwin thing... watching him on the Animal Planet channel, here he is doting over the animals, now he is gonna be eating them?

I know everyone eats, some eat meat, some not, just seems strange to see him say "Oh, look at this beautiful rare lizard, tastes pretty damn good grilled!"
exactly my point, What the heck happened to him?

I never watched the guy for more the 5 minutes in a whole month becauzse I can't stand him.

FYI I miss Steve Erwin :(

The Tourist

Banned
I've often said that if I could have my dream job in cutlery it would be as a tinker for Cat Cora.

Yes, I know she plays for the other team. But she can make simple food. She's irreverant, I like that.

Most of all, she hawks Globals. I can turn her from that.

Imagine the fun. Lear jets and chromed Harleys. Her with the ouzo, me with an agave tequila. Razor edges. Both of us chasing women...

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

LMAO! :yum::yum::yum:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Giada! Ahhhhhhhh.... I get to live in a fantasy world. I used to stricktly be a leg and butt man, until I saw her for the first time...Admittedly, I'm a dirty, filthy, perverted old man who feels like he's 17 again when she's on. Can she really cook? Hell, it doesn't matter as long as she's displaying her attributes. I'll get carryout for us every night. I'd crawl naked over broken glass.... oops! Sorry, I got carried away.:in_love:

Wart

Banned
I watch Alton Brown, I wouldn't call him a chef, Alton is a great theory teacher. Bill Nye of the cooking world.

I can't think of any other 'chef' show I make a point of watching, but I do catch Hells Kitchen and Iron Chef.

Hells Kitchen because it's guilty pleasure of reality shows and Ramsey is like watching a Drill Instructor.

Iron Chef, mostly Simon and Flay, because I like watching competent people work.

I can't stand her high pitched voice but I can watch her giggle all day long lol.

Do you mean Giggle or Jiggle.

pugger

Alton Brown & Rachel Ray ( though a lot of folks are throwing rocks at her these days).

Also the ladies of Everyday Food on PBS (I don't know why ...:tongue:)