1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pound Tilapia fillets

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
2. In a small bowl, blend mayonnaise and brown mustard.
In a medium bowl, mix dry bread crumbs, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper.
3. Dip fish in the mayonnaise mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture.
Arrange coated fish fillets in the prepared baking dish.
4. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until fish is easily flaked with a fork.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
mmmmmm What a great mixture of flavors and textures in that recipe, Lucky!

Lee

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Saved this one Lucky, love coconut and seafood personally as well as the macadamia nuts. Talapia is also an excellent fish.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
It's my go-to fish lately, Joe...........
26_8_14.gif

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We have been doing something similar with Sway (catfish) and it is excellent. I find the Tilapia seems to have that heavy iodine taste that I don't care for.

AllenOK

I might have to try this one myself, only with wild-caught White Bass instead of Tilapia.

If'n y'all only knew what Tilapia ate..........

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
That would be the critters that follow the
16_12_103.gif
around.............. known as Nile Tilapia.

there are over 100 species of tilapia....... most of what we eat are farm-raised; no hippos in that pond .

AllenOK

I'm a member over at the Texas Kayak Fisherman board. They have Tilapia down there, stocked by the TPWD decades ago to provide forage for the Bass. NOW, they realize the problems with introducing foreign species.

The fish in TX (not sure what variety of Tilapia it is) eat algae and the sludge on bottom (including their own wastes). The only real successful way to fish for them is to net them, or snag them, since they don't take bait. I've heard of one person using broccoli on a hook to catch them.

I'm jonsing to go fishing BIG TIME. It's been two weeks. I've got to get off my rear and head over to the old house and try and get the last of our stuff out and over here. THEN maybe I can go fishing.

Last edited: