Saturday 8/13/11 What's on the menu?

Nancy-MD

Oh yum, I smell turkey! *slobber* My all time favorite meal, but you're right, Barb, a PITA in August! LOL That made me laugh cause it's so true.

Love salisbury steak, Peep. Looks delish!

I fried the ham slice with hashbrowns, spinach, pickled beets and applesauce. After all that fussing about the ham, my DH admitted he enjoyed eating the meal.

Attachments

• ham n hash browns.jpg
    ham n hash browns.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 204

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Oh yum, I smell turkey! *slobber* My all time favorite meal, but you're right, Barb, a PITA in August! LOL That made me laugh cause it's so true.

Love salisbury steak, Peep. Looks delish!

I fried the ham slice with hashbrowns, spinach, pickled beets and applesauce. After all that fussing about the ham, my DH admitted he enjoyed eating the meal.
Thank you Nan! I want some of the lovely juicy ham!! YUMMY!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Here it is 7pm.... and we're thinking of going to Faubourg Marigny (pretty much across the street from the French Quarter, very cool area, very artsy) to listen to a jug band and then get something to eat while we're out.

We don't go out nearly as often as we'd hoped we'd do when we first moved here!

homecook

Thanks Peeps! Your meal is a nice comforting dinner.

Thanks Nancy! lol Exactly.....why can't his b-day be in the winter months like mine. :)

Embryodad

OK... here it shamefully is....
Why?...Because we both had way too much to Eat Eat Eat.....all day.

It started with Corned beef with egg topper for Tina.

I had pork fried rice...the whole pint..

I made Escarole and Beans with potatoes and a little cabbage.

Tina made a great Mussaka Eggplant Casserole.

d21b2f22.jpg

1f926040.jpg

3b442702.jpg

75089e49.jpg

f99da620.jpg

f3ce2c01.jpg

b1027dc4.jpg

d6770146.jpg

b92c9959.jpg

And would you believe...as full as I am, and feeling like a Loaf...I am still thinking of What's For Cooking and eating for tomorrow!! :cooking:

homecook

Very nice Jimmy!! That is alot of food. lol It all looks delicious!

We just had a plate of turkey, stuffing and gravy. I did make myself a salad too.

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 186

Embryodad

Yummy Jimmy!

Thank you peep!

Very nice Jimmy!! That is alot of food. lol It all looks delicious!

We just had a plate of turkey, stuffing and gravy. I did make myself a salad too.

thanks homecook....yes it is a lot of food, but T will package and freez the eggplant in portions. She loves it, and it is easy for her to digest.
The Rice is gone..hahaha...The escarole is half gone,,,,I'll punish the rest tomorrow.

I am seriously thinking of nice home made yeast raised waffles for tomorrows breakfast!... Belgian ones wit lots of butter...( Whipped Butter)
The heck with the diet. Monday will be diet!...

mhend

Delicious looking dinners everyone!!

I grilled some pork chops and served them with garlic mashed potatoes, brussles sprouts and cinnamon apples. I made a rub from brown sugar, onion and garlic powder, thyme, s&p and smoked paprika. I used some of the juices that came from the chops on the potatoes. I surprised myself!! They turned out really juicy and tasty. We'll be doing this again for sure!

Sorry the pic is a little blurry. The eyepiece on my camera wasn't set correctly. :bonk:

DSC_0015.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i made an appy salad of spinach/kalamatas/feta/cherub tomato halves/shredded cabbage & 1 whole redd-ish olive-can't think of its name. put a slice of feta panino (salami/feta/sundried tomato & kalamatas in mozarella oby the salad, too-)

'fer dinner itself, cooked chilean sea bass in olive oil on the range, then added a layer of a crabmeat mixture i put together & broiled until golden-brown, then put lemon & pesto on it. also cooked summer squash & zucchini w/ plugra, seasalt/pepper. sliced a portobello in olive oil & cooked, & crumbled buttermilk bleu over them

Attachments

• IMG_0990294.jpg
    IMG_0990294.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0996296.jpg
    IMG_0996296.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Gorgeous meals everyone. Luvs, I LOVE that square-ish plate with the lines on it. Very nice!!!! Awesome.

Do you think I could, uh, borrow it?????? :lol:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thx, peeps, lollie, & keltin~
ummmm, keltin, i would luv to, erm, lend it 2 uuuu. sass, how was the chix dinner earlier