HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS!! Yet Another Blasted Challenge Show Coming to Food Network!!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Hold onto your hats, guys & gals!

We are about to be graced with another blasted challenge show on the Food Network!!

This one will be titled Cupcake Wars, which will air on the prime-time line-up, I think on Tuesdays.

This is just plain ridiculous!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Bleh, I hate baking shows. Won't be wasting my time.

The network needs new programming as it goes along.....can't just keep playing re-runs.....got to have something new. But baking shows blow the high hard one.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I don't mind watching baking shows, but why all those friggen challenge shows at night?!

Another reason to stay away from that channel at night!! :sad: :sad: :ohmy:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Bleh, I hate baking shows. Won't be wasting my time.

The network needs new programming as it goes along.....can't just keep playing re-runs.....got to have something new. But baking shows blow the high hard one.

Espsecially that blasted Food Network Challenge!!

When are they going to pull the plug on that one and yank it off the airwaves? It has run its course and has become so worn out and tired!!! :bb:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
This is why I no longer tune into Food Network much.
Whatever happened to cooking shows.. you know, one host, perhaps a guest, demonstrating, plating and wowing?

If it's not about reality or challenging, seems like nothing has a place on television these days for entertainment.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Whatever happened to cooking shows.. you know, one host, perhaps a guest, demonstrating, plating and wowing?

If it's not about reality or challenging, seems like nothing has a place on television these days for entertainment.
I agree with you Sass!! They need to bring back shows that actually TEACH something!!

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm both dismayed by it, but also happy that no one seems to be offended by a thread about a new food channel show entitiled "holy mother of jesus".

i hope this kind of tolerance in freedom of speech continues in other areas.

soory to be off topic; back to how much the food channel sucks.

Shermie

Site Supporter

All of the regular cooking shows featuring one host, have been moved to the morning / afternoon line-up. I still watch those.

But the only two shows that I'll watch at night is the Next Food Network Star, and that airs on Sundays, and Unwrapped.

Everything else TOTALLY STINKS!!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
All of the regular cooking shows featuring one host, have been moved to the morning / afternoon line-up. I still watch those.

But the only two shows that I'll watch at night is the Next Food Network Star, and that airs on Sundays, and Unwrapped.

Shermie, I have always liked Unwrapped because it is interesting to watch.
Since I don't watch much television in the morning, I guess I have missed out on the better part of Food Network.

FN was great when it started out.
What I miss are the old cooking shows like Yan Can Cook..Frugal Gourmet.. cooking programs that had nowt to do with a network specifically made for that purpose.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Since I don't watch much television in the morning, I guess I have missed out on the better part of Food Network.

What I miss are the old cooking shows like Yan Can Cook..Frugal Gourmet.. cooking programs that had nowt to do with a network specifically made for that purpose.
those are also some of my favorite oldies also along with Madeleine, julia and jacque and the galloping gourmet.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
those are also some of my favorite oldies also along with Madeleine, julia and jacque and the galloping gourmet.
Those were the days Peeps.
Yep, loved Julia Child on PBS and Graham Kerr when he had a morning cooking/chat show way back when.
There used to be this other guy that was local on Ohio PBS stations, but his name escapes me at the moment.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Those were the days Peeps.
Yep, loved Julia Child on PBS and the Graham Kerr when he had a morning cooking/chat show way back when.
There used to be this other guy that was local on Ohio PBS stations, but his name escapes me at the moment.
I also loved David Rosengarten. I can't remember if he was PBS or early FN.

Shermie

Site Supporter

Yeah, at night, the Food Network is not like it was several years ago. I HATE it at night!!

smoke king

Banned

Well said-You took the words right out of my mouth Sass.

I like to bake, but the "challenge" shows have run their course. I caught part of "Cupcake wars" the other night, and it is as ridiculous as it sounds, as were the cupcakes that they made.

What about that "New"(?) food channel? Aren't they playing a lot of those old (dare I say "classic"?) FN shows? I've also noticed over the past 6 months or so that some of the public TV stations-Nebraska & Iowa are what we get, have some decent cooking shows from time to time. I know that we get Rick Bayless every other day, and Hubert Keller about once a week. Those kind of shows I love-new ideas, recipes and techniques clearly demonstrated for you, and they have accompanying websites for follow up. Theres alternatives out there-you just have to look around a bit!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Also, did any of you know that DYI or whatever that home improvement network is, is also part of the Food Network, and a new challenge home improvement show (forgot the name of it) is also about to debut there if it hasn't already?

Seems the Food Network and it's sister channels are nothing but blasted challenge shows at night!! The Cooking Channel (formerly Fine Living Network) is STILL running the ols Iron Chef reruns, and even THAT show has run it's course!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
This is why I prefer the local PBS station if I want to watch really good cooking programs.

Some that my station carries:
New Scandinavian Cooking With Andreas Viestad
Tommy Tang's Easy Thai Cooking
Coastal Cooking With John Shields
Amish Cooking From Quilt Country
America's Test Kitchen
Rachel's Favorite Food At Home
Perfect Day
Baking With Julia
Lidia's Italy

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
This is why I prefer the local PBS station if I want to watch really good cooking programs.

Some that my station carries:
New Scandinavian Cooking With Andreas Viestad
Tommy Tang's Easy Thai Cooking
Coastal Cooking With John Shields
America's Test Kitchen
Rachel's Favorite Food At Home
Perfect Day
Baking With Julia
Lidia's Italy

Wow, that sounds like a really cool show. I'd like to see that one. How is it?

GotGarlic

Have you thought about recording the daytime shows and watching those at night? That's what I do :idea:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
wow.
wait, wait; i've thought this through!
'kay, as we were well aware, sandra lee leaves us utterly specchless (i mean, WHOM, on thier OWN, would blend blue tint into thier can of frosting for a blue-tinted frosting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! her unabashed ingenuetity leaves me weepy & on, & on.....
we've purchased hankies by the thousands in anticipation of her culinary achieviements. jake uses the pink hankies, whereas i prefer the uncolored type.
CUPCAKES, though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks that we got them there 'ol hankies; i used 45 as the utter brilliance that was dagnabbin damn-near overlooked, was given a slot.

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
wow.
wait, wait; i've thought this through!
'kay, as we were well aware, sandra lee leaves us utterly specchless (i mean, WHOM, on thier OWN, would blend blue tint into thier can of frosting for a blue-tinted frosting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! her unabashed ingenuetity leaves me weepy & on, & on.....
we've purchased hankies by the thousands in anticipation of her culinary achieviements. jake uses the pink hankies, whereas i prefer the uncolored type.
CUPCAKES, though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks that we got them there 'ol hankies; i used 45 as the utter brilliance that was dagnabbin damn-near overlooked, was given a slot.
:yum:
Luvs, I shall never forget her Kwanzaa cake moment.
Remember? That thing looked like.. well.. I don't know!
:puke1:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
so you're saying that was a cake?! & here, i've made bundt-pan after bundt-pan of blue-frosted meatloaves for those i love.
i'll be making that cottage cheese & tomato soup lasagne, although cream-of soups were on sale, so i'll sub that for the tomato.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
so you're saying that was a cake?! & here, i've made bundt-pan after bundt-pan of blue-frosted meatloaves for those i love.
i'll be making that cottage cheese & tomato soup lasagne, although cream-of soups were on sale, so i'll sub that for the tomato.
:lol::applause::flowers:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
um, sass, could that blue-frosted bundt-meatloaf be contributing towards jake packing his stuff & bitterly weeping on meatloaf day, & taking me for a restaurant-dinner when that's feasable.....
the other morning i found him bitterly shedding tears after i said i was making the meatloaf again; THAT was baffling.
i'm plain 'ol baffled.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Believe it or not, there's yet ANOTHER challenge show that is about to debut on the Food Network's primetime line-up!!

This one is called 24-Hour Restaurant Battle.

Don't know all of the details yet, but isn't it high time that they just can this ridiculous farce?!!

buckytom

Grill Master
jesus h f'in christ! not another one!

we're gonna run out of religious figures to blaspheme before they stop making bad shows. :tongue:

:D