paula deen

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I like her cooking/recipes... if they could put some duct tape on that mouth, I would be just fine with her! :)

High Cheese

Saucier
I don't mind her, but I prefer more modern/cleaner cooking. I saw her live show (actually was sitting there while the DW was watching) she can be a little fiesty with the guests. "hubba-hubba" lmfao!

smoke king

Banned
I like her recipes-they seem to work, which is more than I can say for some of the other FN "elite".

And yes, a little Paula goes a long way!!

lilylove

I cook like her ( not as good as her) but like her. BUTTER is good!!! Sauces and fat are good! Love her recipes!!

Soon...my poor butt will look like hers.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I like her cooking/recipes... if they could put some duct tape on that mouth, I would be just fine with her! :)

Sattie, I believe that she accentuates the accent on purpose. I have seen her live and she is a very bawdy woman. It is hard to believe her life story knowing how she behaves now. She has a potty mouth and loves to be vulgar. I was very much surprised. I love her love of tradition and family but not her recipes so much.

I don't mind the butter or the cream. I just don't care for all that mayo from a jar and all the casseroles. I never grew up eating them. I also find her dessert recipes very toothsome. (way too sweet).

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I like her cooking but her brats need to get some other form of employment. TV stars they are NOT. They remind me of Dumb & Dumber. (Can you imagine saying that on the other board? )

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
The thing about Paula Deen is that in the morning I have a choice: Cup of espresso or watch Paula!! Both have the same effect!:yum:

But, I do love her cooking. Like any chef or cook on TV, I don't like everything they make but I like her style and most of what she cooks. You just have to take what she does and practice it in moderation, like 1/4 portions LOL!

And yea, mention this on the other board..... :shitHitsFan:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Sattie, I believe that she accentuates the accent on purpose. I have seen her live and she is a very bawdy woman. It is hard to believe her life story knowing how she behaves now. She has a potty mouth and loves to be vulgar. I was very much surprised. I love her love of tradition and family but not her recipes so much.

I don't mind the butter or the cream. I just don't care for all that mayo from a jar and all the casseroles. I never grew up eating them. I also find her dessert recipes very toothsome. (way too sweet).

Edited to add--she exemplifies everything I hate about southern cooking.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Abut the only time I ever had a “Oh hell no” problem with Paula is when she had the Neelys (I think) on, and they had done some smoked ribs. To show them up, she tried to deep fat fry the smoked ribs!! Uh-uh!!! That’s going too far. :yum: :yum:

heb1976

i love her ... i love the way she talks ... and her recipes always look yummy even tho i have never tried them ... yet!

PanchoHambre

Paula is an interesting personality and I enjoy the non calorie counting nature of her cooking. I think sometimes (as in the instance mentioned by Keltin) it become a bit of a schtick and not really about good food but that is the case with most TV celebrity cooks... I would definitely rather get an invite to he house than Sandra Lee's (for dinner anyway) and I agree with Joe... her sons are just riding the wave. Useless.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Ray, I have seen her live and she was too tired to do any cooking so all she did was gab and act silly with the audience. All well and good but the people there paid to see a demonstration and many were disappointed. I watched the show from an enormous tv set up while I was resting at one of the Fabulous Food Shows. I think she has become a cartoon of herself.

It is not the lack of concerns for calories or even butter and sour cream that bothers me. My goodness, just look at any Marcel DeSaulniers' over the top desserts. However, those are a special occasion thing and not a daily way of eating.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I would definitely rather get an invite to he house than Sandra Lee's
Me, too, Pancho. I love Southern cooking, having been raised on it all my life, and Paula knows Southern. My grandmother made biscuits from scratch 3 times a day because that was considered bread for every meal. After supper, there was Karo syrup to pour over them and voila! Dessert! I can remember only rarely having store-bought bread there.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Me, too, Pancho. I love Southern cooking, having been raised on it all my life, and Paula knows Southern. My grandmother made biscuits from scratch 3 times a day because that was considered bread for every meal. After supper, there was Karo syrup to pour over them and voila! Dessert! I can remember only rarely having store-bought bread there.

OMG! I so forgot about the syrup and biscuits! Flog me! Damn those were good, especially with melted butter. Thanks for bringing that up!:in_love:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Not my cup of tea. However, as I said, I admire her story and am pleased for her success. I guess if I were raised eating food like that it would be different. If we are fortunate to grow up with good cooks, we tend to find our comfort food in what our own mom's and grandma's made.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Abut the only time I ever had a “Oh hell no” problem with Paula is when she had the Neelys (I think) on, and they had done some smoked ribs. To show them up, she tried to deep fat fry the smoked ribs!! Uh-uh!!! That’s going too far. :yum: :yum:

i like Paula Dean but you bring up another interesting family...who IMHO are sell outs now...

they went from cooking low & slow on the BBQ to grilling and still calling it bbq... Fn sellouts i tell you,sellouts..lmao:yum:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
i like Paula Dean but you bring up another interesting family...who IMHO are sell outs now...

they went from cooking low & slow on the BBQ to grilling and still calling it bbq... Fn sellouts i tell you,sellouts..lmao:yum:

Yes, a lot of the chefs have sold out but in some ways it is hard to blame them. They want to make as much money as they can before they burn out or the public gets tired of them.

I wish the food network would go back to teaching cooking techniques and cuisines and cared less about whether someone is attractive and were more interested in their cooking skills.

I guess for that, I have to go back to PBS.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Yes, a lot of the chefs have sold out but in some ways it is hard to blame them. They want to make as much money as they can before they burn out or the public gets tired of them.

I wish the food network would go back to teaching cooking techniques and cuisines and cared less about whether someone is attractive and were more interested in their cooking skills.

I guess for that, I have to go back to PBS.

you know you bring up an interesting point.. money

alot of the cooks that are being featured now had lots of money b4 they became "stars"

Guy Fieri owns or co-owns 4 or 5 restaurants. the neely's own 4 restaurants in memphis, they were an are still successful b4 they went to FN.

most of the stars have some kind of restaurant or something to do with the food industry..

no amount of money will make me change the style of cooking i do. i cook Bam style and i may alter some ingredients to suit those that cant eat what i cook, but pride is pride in the way you cook

Lefty

Yank
I would definitely rather get an invite to he house than Sandra Lee's

I would rather go to Ms. Lee's as I find Paula to be off the charts on the irritation factor. Besides that I don't find her to be the cleanest cooking wise, I would never dip a tasting spoon back into the same pot without washing it. :sick:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I obviously like Paula's cooking. She's like she is because she came from plain 'ol southern country folks. Nothing fancy...doesn't want to be. You can take the girl out of the south but you can't take the south out of the girl. :thumb:

I obviously like Paula's cooking. She's like she is because she came from plain 'ol southern country folks. Nothing fancy...doesn't want to be. You can take the girl out of the south but you can't take the south out of the girl. :thumb:

Well, I am not exactly plain old country folks, but I am Southern and I am Country and proud to be each.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes I'm with Joe and Jeff on this, I would anything she wanted to give me to eat. :thumb: