Bundt Pan Chicken

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
3-4 lb chicken
seasonings
potatoes, onions, turnips,carrots, squash (whatever vegs you like really) to prop.

Rub chicken with seasonings.
Preheat oven to 450, and move oven rack for roasting to lowest position in oven.

Place vegs in bundt pan, then fit chicken over the center, upright with legs on the bottom.
Place on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, then reduce oven to 350, and roast for an additional 45 minutes, or until breast temp reaches 155F. Turn temp back up to 450 and roast 5 more minutes until skin crisps and meat thermometer reads 160.

h/t Skip @ the 'bowl :D

Skips chicken in a bundt pan.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
That's awesome! I wonder if one of those little 6 oz cans of pineapple juice would fit under the center spout of that bundt pan?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dole-Pineapple-Juice-6-oz-cans/dp/B0029JX6TM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1276526720&sr=8-1"]<click me>[/ame]

alexandradarex

3-4 lb chicken
seasonings
potatoes, onions, turnips,carrots, squash (whatever vegs you like really) to prop.

Rub chicken with seasonings.
Preheat oven to 450, and move oven rack for roasting to lowest position in oven.

Place vegs in bundt pan, then fit chicken over the center, upright with legs on the bottom.
Place on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, then reduce oven to 350, and roast for an additional 45 minutes, or until breast temp reaches 155F. Turn temp back up to 450 and roast 5 more minutes until skin crisps and meat thermometer reads 160.

h/t Skip @ the 'bowl :D

View attachment 7297

We treasured the flavor of this chicken! It was very, very delicious & regularly cooked & very spicy! Though, the vegetables just sat in the excess margarine & drippings & smooth after an hour & 45 minutes, they still weren't grilled complete.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
.....they still weren't grilled complete

there was a debate here recently - a recipe that called for a chunk of salmon in a pan with baby potatoes to one side and broccoli to the other side in a 375'F oven.

I was of the opinion the salmon would be salmon chips long before the potatoes were done, so I parboiled both the potatoes and the broccoli. seared the skin side only of the salmon then assembled the bits and finished it at 325'F
fresh never frozen Scottish King salmon; King isn't my fav but this turned out quite well.

I'm not so sure raw potatoes are suited to "dump cake" style recipes . . .