Hells Kitchen - the new season

smoke king

Banned
Wow, that came up quick! Seems like the last season just ended!!

So what did you think? Seems to me the producers are orchestrating a little more "drama" into the reality!!

IMO, the show gets harder and harder to take seriously each season. Quite honestly (and I know its to soon to judge) I don't think any of those knuckleheads are qualified, or mature enough for that matter, to run a kitchen in a hi-end restaraunt!

That being said, I'll still tune in next week to see if Ramsey goes to blows with that hot-head, and if Hells Kitchen really burns down!:yum:

Like I told DW tonite, that show is about 2 clicks away from changing into a mini-series..........

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I noticed that, too, SK. They seemed to skim past the actual cooking tonight and focused on the angry, bordering on violent, moments. That irritates me because I really used to like this show.

(But I sure as heck won't miss next week to see if that guy slugs Ramsey. LOL)

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Ramsay seemed more than a little off. I think he is getting tired of doing this show...

High Cheese

Saucier
It's definately not about the food. I like a good show, but all the yelling aggrivates me. I like to see the dishes the contestants come up with.

A few of those people are in for a rude awakening. They better leave that attitude at the door.

smoke king

Banned
It's definately not about the food. I like a good show, but all the yelling aggrivates me. I like to see the dishes the contestants come up with.

A few of those people are in for a rude awakening. They better leave that attitude at the door.

:agree:

btw, your writing style reminds me of Steve Vai's...............

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hmmmm, I am not a fan of the show - all the yelling and negativity rattles the nerves.

But since I know one of the competitors, I'll have to watch this season. Andy is a fellow competitor at BBQ competitions (does not do well there, since he mostly plays instead of focuses) and owns a couple of excellent restaurants in Boston.

He hardly appeared on the first episode of HK. I'm rooting for him.

Lee

High Cheese

Saucier
lol.... "I'm not an animal" the guy says. What a dope. It's not like he gave him a water bowl or anything. Puts the "ass" in class.

High Cheese

Saucier
I don't know when the new show comes on cuz we watch from the DVR. The episode we saw last night was friggin stupid. What's with that moron wanting to fight Gordon? That guy is just way over the top. Where do they look for new contestants....the local penitentiary? They should refine the contestants more to have people that actually DESERVE being there.

smoke king

Banned
I don't know when the new show comes on cuz we watch from the DVR. The episode we saw last night was friggin stupid. What's with that moron wanting to fight Gordon? That guy is just way over the top. Where do they look for new contestants....the local penitentiary? They should refine the contestants more to have people that actually DESERVE being there.

Exactly my point cheese-I'm guessing that maybe there was a slip in the ratings or....? Whatever the reason, instead of looking for the best and brightest, they seek out the most dramatic(?). When we saw the fire trucks in the promo for next week, my wife and I just looked at each other in disbelief.

We were watching "Top Chef masters" the following night, and you can't help but notice the contrast in the way these true, top-of-their-game professionals carry themselves in the kitchen. Granted, they are older and decidedly more mature, but it just seems like a jump that a lot of the HK contestants will never be able to make! (except for Andy-GO ANDY!!)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I didn't see last week's episode, but our Andy is in deep mousse this week, SK!

I can't imagine why anyone with his success would WANT to put himself through that nightmare!

Lee

smoke king

Banned
I didn't see last week's episode, but our Andy is in deep mousse this week, SK!

I can't imagine why anyone with his success would WANT to put himself through that nightmare!

Lee

LOL-I was wondering the very same thing Lee!!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
ok i will be the minority here...i love the show..

my cook is back... this goes out to all the fat-boys... gooooooooo Robert..lol

smoke king

Banned
You know, I still watch it every week, but more and more it becomes a "reality" show as opposed to a cooking competition!

Maybe "Top Chef masters" has spoiled it for me. Watching the way those men and women behaved in the kitchen, treating each other with mutual respect (what a novel concept!) makes me wonder how any of the "Top 6" could ever be a head chef in a high end restaurant!

I kinda of liked the guy with the broken arm, but if I am to believe the preview of next week, he's pissed at Tenille, and has decided to make it personal, for his buddy Van being booted! Oh the drama!

smoke king

Banned
The bald guy looks like he can hack it. I'm not sure about the rest...

Yeah-I was kinda thinking the same thing. And in all fairness, I've had jobs where I thought WTF are they thinking hiring me? And as it turns out, I ended up being good at it. Some situations dictate that you grow up pretty quickly........

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I really have only caught one show this season. Tuesday nights I tend to watch NCIS which I do enjoy due to the cast.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
They have just started the series over here - some interesting characters this time - but I agree it is more about the reality show & winding each other up and the cheap jibes than about the cooking now.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Yeah-I was kinda thinking the same thing. And in all fairness, I've had jobs where I thought WTF are they thinking hiring me? And as it turns out, I ended up being good at it. Some situations dictate that you grow up pretty quickly........

LOL! That's like saying that I wouldn't go out with a girl that would go out with me! :yum:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I was glad to see Suzanne go tonight. I think the last 4 are solid contenders. My money is probably on the guy with the broken wrist because he is a good team player as well as a very good chef. He's cool under fire. (Although tonight he got flustered trying to talk.) The bald guy is definitely coming into his own. Despite the fact that Tenille seems to shout at the camera, she is really organized and solid during service. And the other girl (Andrea?) seems to be a good chef, too. It's going to be really interesting to see what happens.

smoke king

Banned
is it just me?......

That Taneil chick reminds me of jarjar Binks:shock:

LOL! I try to be objective, but a little of Tenille goes a long way!

I was glad to finally see her go-and lets face it, it was inevitable!

I will officially declare myself on the Ariel bandwagon!