Canola Cooking Oil
2 Eggs
4 Cups Of Flour
All Season Salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
2 teaspoons thyme
2 tablespoons of milk
1 tablespoon of slightly melted butter Directions
1-Place eggs in bowl and beat add milk and butter & mix.
2-Place Flour, Thyme & Cayenne in second bowl.
3-Place Oil 3 inches deep in Frying Pan
4-Cut each potato into 6 (1/4-inch) Mojo rounds
5-Place MoJo rounds in egg mixture covering completely
6-Then Roll MoJo potatoes in Flour Mixture.
7-Place MoJo potatoes on cookie tray while others are battered
8-Once all MoJo potatoes are battered drop in frying pan.
9-Make sure oil covers the MoJo potatoes completely. If needed add more oil.
10-Once golden brown, and cooked, drain oil and add all season salt.
11-Serve.

smoke king

Banned
Oh man, I forgot all about these! I used to love them! Is Shakeys still in buisness? Those were the good old days!

Thanks Dee!

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Same here, haven't thought about them in years.

They are still in business but it looks like they have pulled back a lot.

In California and Georgia, none in Texas or Virginia anymore.

Shakeys

Calicolady

They look yummy, Dee. I could go for these with sausage or brats from the grill.
Thanks.
Looks like it's not a quick run out for me either.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Hmmmm these would go good with that death by sausage and bacon roll SK posted! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Deelady

I miss Shakey's too!!! :(

Oh you are welcome guys! I also have the shakeys sauce recipe and I think crust....let me know if you want it!

Deelady

Heres the sauce recipe I have
Shakey’s sauce
Tomato puree from vine ripened tomatoes
Dextrose
Salt
Spices
Garlic powder
Citric acid
Maltodextrin
Natural flavor
Sodium citrate

OK now you have the basic recipe straight from the company. I see someone promised the dough if they received the sauce.
Tomato puree, sugar, basil and perhaps oregano, garlic powder, a tiny touch of citric acid (vitamin C).(lemon juice, tiny)

Deelady

and this isn't Shaky's crust but they do have good flavor!

Numero Uno Pizza Dough

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup Warm Water -- (110-115 degreesso h
2 1/4 Teaspoons Yeast
2 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs milk
1 tb Butter -- melted
1 tb Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
1 tsp salt
1 tb corn meal
3 cups flour

for electric mixer:
Add water, brown sugar, and yeast to a bowl and stir. Let sit 5 minutes until creamy.

Add milk, butter, oil, salt and corn meal to yeast mixture and mix with wire-whisk 30 seconds.

Add 2 1/2 cups of flour and mix with paddle for 5 minutes on speed 2.

Scrape the sides of the bowl and form dough into a ball. Pour remaining flour (1/2 cup) around the outsides. Use dough hook, and mix for 5 minutes on speed 2.

Remove dough from mixer and place in a well greased glass bowl big enough to allow the dough to double in size. Place damp towel on top of bowl, and let rise in a warm spot for 1 hour, or until dough has doubled in size. (for best results, place bowl in a 150 degree oven, and keep the towel damp)

Building your pizza
This recipe will make 2 medium pizzas, or 2 small deep-dish pizzas.

Medium Pizzas:

Cut dough in half.

On a lightly floured cutting board, use a rolling pin and roll both pieces of dough to your desired thickness and shape. If your using a metal pizza pan, or a cookie sheet, lightly grease the surface and sprinkle graciously with corn meal.

Place shaped dough on the pans, and let rise for 10 minutes.

Small Deep Dish Pizzas:

Lightly grease two 9 inch x 1 inch round metal baking pan. Sprinkle both pans graciously with corn meal. Cut dough in half.

With oiled hands, push dough down into pans, shaping it to the pan.

Let rise 10 minutes.

Cooking

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.

Place pizzas in preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375 degrees, and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the pizza looks done.

Deep-Dish Pizza Dough
- Makes 8 servings -
Ingredients
3-1/2 cups unbleached flour
1 package quick-rise active dry yeast
3/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cups warm water, 115° to 125°F
2 teaspoons honey
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Directions
In large bowl of electric mixer, combine 2 1/2 cups of the flour, yeast, and salt. Stir to blend dry ingredients thoroughly. In a small bowl combine the hot water, honey, and oil. Stir to blend well. Add water mixture to flour mixture. Mix to blend, then beat at medium speed until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes). Stir in about 1/2 cup more flour to make a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until dough is smooth and satiny (8 to 10 minutes), adding just enough flour (up to 1/2 cup) to prevent dough from being sticky. Turn dough into a greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and a towel, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk (30 to 40 minutes). Punch dough down, cover with inverted bowl, and let rest 10 minutes; use as directed in recipe.

smoke king

Banned
Thanks Dee! At the risk of wearing the dork pin for the day..whats Maltodextrin?

I think a couple of fellas down the street were manufacturing it in their double-wide until it blew up!!

Deelady

Sorry I know its an odd recipe.....it was posted by someone who worked at a Shakeys.....Maltodextrin is an artificial sweetner.

Calicolady

Thanks Dee! At the risk of wearing the dork pin for the day..whats Maltodextrin?

I think a couple of fellas down the street were manufacturing it in their double-wide until it blew up!!

Oh I know them. They used to live down the way from me til the tricycle gang ran 'em out o town.