Roasted Red Pepper Endive Fingers

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
this is a simple quick appetizer

combine 1 pkg Cream Cheese with one half a cup chopped roasted red peppers, a few sprinkles of your favorite parmesan cheese and a dash of Italian seasoning and add a few chopped black olives or green olives if you wish. crumble some bacon bits into this as well. u can use bacon bits from a can

fill separated and washed endive leaves with cream cheese mixture. Top each finger with a few additional sprinkles of Italian seasoning or basil leaves.

this is not my picture but this is what they look like

rec_r1_2315ec.jpg

Last edited:

buckytom

Grill Master
man, that's good stuff. thanks again, bam. i love stuffed endive.

do you call it en-dive, or on-deeve?

buckytom

Grill Master
nope. i'll have to try that.

my favourite stuffing for endive is goat cheese, pepper, and garlic.

i think i may try growing it this year. do you oil the leaves first, before grilling?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
nope. i'll have to try that.

my favourite stuffing for endive is goat cheese, pepper, and garlic.

i think i may try growing it this year. do you oil the leaves first, before grilling?

yes i do

not my recipe but exactly what i do

3 large endive
balsamic vinegar
olive oil
minced fresh herbs (I used oregano, sage and chives)
salt, pepper to taste

Slice a razor-thin disk from the root end of the endive (the goal here is to remove the hard dried end without destroying the structural connection between the leaves, which makes it possible to grill the endive without having it fall apart). Remove any loose or dry outside leaves. Cut each endive in half lengthwise. Brush all surfaces with olive oil and grill on a medium fire, about 5 - 6 minutes per side, until wilted and starting to char at edges and along the grill lines. (Lay the endive on the grill at a 45º angle to the grill bars and if possible don't move before turning, to preserve the nice crisp pattern of the grill bars on the surface of the endive.) Place the endive on a plate or small platter with the cut side up. Drizzle with some thick, high-quality balsamic vinegar, sprinkle with the minced herbs, salt and pepper. When cooled, cut each half endive lengthwise into a quarter. Serve at room temperature.