Aloha

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELTIN!

Happy Birthday Keltin! I hope you have the best birthday yet! Any plans for this glorious day?

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Happy, happy birthday, Keltin, and many more!

Ahhhh, the big 4-0.....Walgreens has readers on for buy-one-get-one-free, just bought two pairs today :mrgreen:.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter

1050347vsiijc1308.gif

buckytom

Grill Master

keltin, seeing this thread about your birthday caused me to think of how i could express my sincere wishes for you, and a quote from the count of monte cristo came to mind.

"life is a storm, my friend. you will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. what makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. you must look into that storm and shout as you did in rome. do your worst, for i will do mine! then the fates will know you as we know you: as keltin, the man!"

lol, yeah, it's a bit over the top, but it represents the respect i have for you as a geek, a cook, and a friend.

so, happy birthday to a true gentleman of nct. i hope you find the treasure of sparta in your life and in your heart this coming year.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Wow, you guys are great! It’s the four-oh today, but I feel the same! :lol:

Thanks everyone, and BT, that was epic. I’ll never forget it! Thank you!

To all of NCT, it doesn’t get any better than this. We have the best group there ever was on any board. I’m proud to be a member here!! Love you guys!!! :clap:

Thank you!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

So... what did you eat today?
Did you cook? what about the cake?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

So... what did you eat today?
Did you cook? what about the cake?

Had surf and turf:

T-Bone with grilled shrimp and onion rings.

Not a big fan of cake although DW has recently become addicted to baking cakes! She's baking them right and left for the neighbors. For my dessert, I opted for an amaretto laden shot. :lol:

Love you guys, and thanks a million. It means more than you know! :clap:

Mak

Newbie grill hunter

An extensive "what's the best grill" search brought me here.I'm an old man from Pittsburgh.Our grilling season is a narrow one.I was thinking about an outdoor kitchen, then the sticker shock brought me back to reality.Nice site.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Newbie grill hunter

Hi Mak. You aren't the only old fart around here. Enjoy yourself on NCT. It's a great site and goes way beyond cooking.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter

As an old fart do you really want to display yourself that way? :yum:

PanchoHambre

Hey Mak... welcome and hope you stick man... IMO it's not the grill it's how you use it.. I have a firepit, a standard Weber charcoal and a basic brinkman gas grill did not pay a cent for any of them but I make some awesome meals (gas grill is a recent acquisition and not used yet should be up an running tomorrow). Get the coals right and you can grill great with a grate and some bricks... depends on what you are trying to do. This does not mean I am not envious of some of the fancy grills I have seen on this site they help alot but I have also seen other's do mind-blowing things with super-cheapo grills.

And welcome to a fellow Pennsylvanian although I am clear across the state in Filthadelphia!

Violence and Nudity.... it's possible LOL

Mak

I only use the word Filthadelphia in Hockey season.:biggrin:

I'm gonna retire next year (I think) and hope to spend more time grilling around the pool.I should say that I put in a 44' inground pool, built a 40' garage (myself) and have a pretty cool woodshop.Not blowing my own horn.Just saying that a self-built outdoor kitchen ain't out of the question.The lynx grills are nice.:lol:. Space is not an issue.money IS!!

K

Kimchee

Hey Mak!
Ain't no such thing as a "narrow" grilling season. In Wyoming, I just dug a path, knocked the snow off the top, tied myself down to keep from blowing away and went at it.
THere is a bit of a lower temperature curve, but I've grilled in 20 below 30MPH winds...

So it wasn't fun, but the steak was good, hahahahahahahaaaa

And I was younger then. OK, maybe there is a bit of a grilling season, LOL!

Tally23

Hey!

Hello All,

I love to cook, however in the last 17 days I have had to learn to cook healthy because I have the Lap Band... Rusty directed me here to check things out! Incase you do not know I am "Lithium" on forum forums.

Hope to find some good recipes here and share some as well!

Bon Appetit!!

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Hey!

Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

Glad you came over from FF!

Jim

loboloco

Welcome Doll. Watch out for the food nazis though. They want you to eat things like (shudder) zucchini.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Hi Tally, welcome!

Looking forward to your sharing healthy recipes with you!

Lee