Happy Birthday Ross In Ventura

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Hello everyone!

Hi chiz!

Welcome!

Your posts sound as if you might be a nutrionist or in some related field. Looking forward to you sharing your knowledge here with us!

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Re: Hello everyone!

WelcometotheGroupCup.gif

happy-posting-1.gif

Happy Birthday. . . .

. . . . to the late great horror legend Bela Lugosi.

Can I assume that - like me - you are all going to cook up a delicious batch of "Hungarian Goulash" (or should that be "Ghoulash"?) for dinner tonight in his honor, to be served with a nice blood-red wine?

Re: Happy Birthday. . . .

Well, we're hard-core classic film fans here - especially the old horror flicks - so I never let Bela's birthday go unrecognized. Although it's not authentic, here's the goulash I make:

BREEZY CHICKEN HUNGARIAN GOULASH

1 pkge. (approx. 1 pound or so) boneless skinless chicken thighs or boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
Extra-virgin oil
1 onion, peeled & chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic, peeled & chopped
1 stalk of celery, chopped
1 cup dry white wine (Chablis or Pinot Grigio work well)
1 cup chicken broth
1 can (14-15 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 bay leaves
Hot Hungarian paprika (or freshly ground black pepper) to taste
1 8-oz. can sauerkraut, undrained
1 8-oz. container sour cream
Cooked buttered egg noodles for serving

Coat bottom of large coverable skillet with olive oil. Brown chicken pieces lightly for a few minutes. Add onions, garlic, & celery & sauté until vegetables just begin to soften, being careful not to let garlic brown/burn. Add wine, broth, tomatoes, & bay leaves. Cover & simmer for 15 minutes or so, until chicken pieces are just cooked thru. Remove cover & continue simmering until liquid has reduced to a stew-like consistency (or to consistency of your taste). Remove bay leaves & stir in sauerkraut, heating thru. Add hot paprika (or black pepper) to taste. Turn off heat & stir in sour cream. Serve over cooked buttered egg noodles.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Hmmm, it's Tom Petty's birthday too. So while I was not going with the goulash, I have played some Tom Petty tunes. :D

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Wow, Breezy, that's an unusual version of goulash!

So cool that you and your DH celebrate stuff like this! LOL

Lee

Well, this is actually my mom's recipe, but she uses veal. I just subbed in chicken because we don't eat veal. It still comes out as delicious as mom's version.

And yes, we like - just for fun - celebrating Bela's birthday. As classic horror film fans, it's just right - lol!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Re: EMBRYO DAD~Jimmy-happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Jimmy!! Many, many more to you.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Happy Birthday Jimmy! Joe's Crab Shack....That'll be nice....have a wonderful time and I hope you're day is a great one!

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Happy Birthday :beer: I think you're really going to like Joe's Crab Shack. Get ready for a party. Some of them get pretty rowdy.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Happiest of Birthdays to you, Jimmy!

Sounds like your kids have a fun time planned for you!

Let us know how you liked Joe's Crab Shack!

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Happy birthday Jimmy.

Enjoy Joe's Crab Shack. We tried the one in Clifton. Let me know what you think of it.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Happy Birthday Jimmy. :happybday1:

Joe's Crab Shack sounds Awesome!!!!!! :dancing: :thewave:

Embryodad

Here are some pictures from the Celebration at Joes Crab Shack...

Thank you everyone for the good well wishes, and for your thoughts on my Birthday. My thoughts are with all of you as well as with my friends and family at all times...

b5bf2d09.jpg

fb69800c.jpg

0aa97317.jpg

d8019ccf.jpg

01a30bdc.jpg

The food and taste was perfect, and tasted very good...But the meal was not at all filling.
The bucket meals of crab claws and 6 muscles with 10 pieces of sausage was in bulk, but for the price...Not a winner! IMO

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

But it looked like so much fun!

Are you the guy with the American flag behind him?

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Jimmy here is a message from Sass: "Happy birthday, and the crabs looked delish"

Embryodad

Jimmy here is a message from Sass: "Happy birthday, and the crabs looked delish"
Tell Sass I said thanks. where is she? Is she in the hospital for surgery? Havn't seen her post lately. If she is in contact...tell her God Bless and T and I will pray for her.

Yeah! The crabs were great... All $350.00 worth of them. + 20 & 30 dollars for Gas to get there with two vehicles! It was great though!

shelta

First message & intro

Hi, a newbie here, but not to the net. I'm looking forward to participating and hope to make useful contributions.