Buzz checking in

What kind of cook are you?

• Subsistence - I just struggle to get the family fed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grillin' & Chillin' - if it's not on the grill, don't bother me.

• Cook??? My other half cooks - I just eat.

• Total voters

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
My dw won't let me watch South Park. So I play music all the time instead.

You need to assert yourself, Dan. Any program willing to point the finger at religion, politics, stardom, racism, and everything else is on my gotta do list. You can see all the episodes online at www.southparkstudios.com or via sites like netflix.

Hooked on SouthPark,
Buzz

rback33

It's just me!!1

Ok.., here I am :wave:... and I will need your help... I am an old reg from FF that does not spend as much time there these days... I also recently got divorced and find myself fending for myself... (and tonight my new GF and her son) I am finding that I actually enjoy cooking (grilling mostly of course). My kitchen wares are limited at the moment (holy bachelor!), but have been adding things as I need them. I look forward to your help, ideas and broadening my horizons and skills in general.

Jeremy :thumb:

Lefty

Yank
Re: It's just me!!1

Welcome Jeremy! Just ask any thing you like. Most of us can talk cooking till the cows come home. (I don't actually know what time that is, but my cows are usually buzzing pretty good.) :D

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Wow, great to see you here Jeremy!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Sorry for the circumstance that brought you here, but I do think you will enjoy this place. So many good people with all kinds of tidbits to share on cooking along with some outstanding recipes.

Grilling Fool posted one on grilling out Prime Rib. I've already tried that one and all I can say is WOW!!!!! It came out so good. Highly recommended for that special occasion.

NCT is much more laid back than FF because there is no debate forum, no politics etc. It's really a nice get away after one has seen to much bickering. I love the political stuff and learn stuff daily, but at times even I get filled up. That's when I come over here and chat with these fine folks. It amazes me how the two forums work in unison for me and a number of other members who are on both forums. You'll see another side of JEV on here. Joec and Robsanx are also members here. Plus of course you know PG is here as Sass Muffin. And good ole Tnutz is here as Biskit.
Welcome, Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :tiphat: :D

rback33

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it! Now I have to run and deal with more divorce stress... confusion over child support...:bonk: Wallet is going to be thinner than I thought for a few weeks since it's not being handled the way I thought it was....

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter

Jeremy, welcome aboard! :tiphat:

Glad you are here!

Jim

buckytom

Grill Master

welcome rback!

if you have questions, ask away. i can help you make a few dishes to impress the future mrs.. :mrgreen:

all we need is a list of types of food you like and dislike, and we'll get started from there.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Hi Jeremy ... welcome!

If you don't have a crockpot, you may want to consider getting one. They cook great meals in the summer without heating up your house, and in the winter, they make excellent cold-weather foods that will warm you up!

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Welcome Jeremy. Lee is right, a crock pot would be a very good investment.

rback33

Ah yes... crackpot.. as a matter of fact that was one thing I picked up quickly.. found one at an auction with a foreman type grill... I have yet to use either, but I have them... menu for tonight is grilled chops, asparagus, corn and some fries that will be baked in the oven. (gf's kiddo is a bit picky about his taters and JUST as stubborn as his momma)

rback33

Excellent question... I am sure it will be water or Pepsi or something tonight.., there is wine at her place, but we are passing that up tonight... I am out of beer and only have rum and bourbon left....:sad:

Biskit

Hey Jeremy!
Glad to see you snuck over here.

If I were to pick three items to have in a bachelor's kitchen, it would be; a crockpot, a good cast iron skillet, and a microwave.

Such things as stews and hot dishes can be reheated in a few minutes in the "nuker" for a quick lunch or supper.

You gotta have the skillet to make bisquits and gravy for your breakfasts!

rback33

Hi Jeremy! :D
Glad you finally came over here lol

Are you implying I am beyond "fashionably late?" :oops:

Dinner last night was a hit and we had a great time btw.. I sure love asparagus... which my family thinks is strange since I have always been a pretty picky eater... if my ex wife did one thing it was broaden my food palate...

buckytom

Grill Master

ok, so, what would you like to learn to make that you think the three of you will enjoy?

do you(s) like italian food? shellfish and pasta, maybe?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Re: Well, Happy Birthday Ms. Lee/Qsis!

A very, very special wish for a special day for you.

I hope you are able to make some good time for yourself today. I know that's hard sometimes, but that is my special wish for you.

:happybday1:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Happy Happy Birthday Lee!!!! :happybday1:

Hope you have a GREAT day!!!!!! :dancing: :dancing: :thewave: :thewave:

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Have a great day!

birthday16.gif

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Happy Birthday Lee! Anything special planned or are you just going to enjoy the wonderful day and whatever it brings!

Lefty

Yank

Have a great birthday Lee. My daughter has the same Bday. Are you 14 too? :flowers:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter

Have the best birthday ever, Lee! Hope the sun is shining on you today! And that you get something really yummy to eat that you don't have to make yourself.

buckytom

Grill Master

lee, of all the people i've "met" on the internet, you are the one i consider a true and dear friend, and you will always hold a special place in my heart.

so, in that light, i hope you have a most wondrous birthday, and a happy and healthy year to come, from my heart to yours. :flowers:

happy birthday.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Ohhhhhhh, thank you so much, everybody! What lovely things to say to brighten up my already-bright day! :heart:

For the first time in AGES, I actually have my birthday off from work!

QBro and I got up at the crack of dawn and drove down to my aunt's house on Cape Cod (for the last time, after spending 8 months cleaning it out! But it's SOLD!) to pick up our family's Oriental rug for our living room, and a chair for my mother's assisted living apartment. We were down and back early enough to escape Memorial Day traffic, both on the Cape and through Boston!

Dropped off the rug at a professional cleaners, then my brother took me to an ENORMOUS garden center to get a plant that I've had trouble finding (a trumpet vine), some Ichiban eggplants, and more parsley to finish off my garden.

I planted everything I had, and we're just sitting in the "Back 40", in the lovely weather (73 and breezy), listening to oldies radio. Rob has gone to get some booze and appetizer-stuff for a little backyard cocktail gathering with the neighbors this evening.

He will make my birthday dinner request: Mom's Baked Chicken Wings with white rice and brussels sprouts.

My father and stepmother will call and all will be pretty damned well with the world!

I have to work tomorrow, but on Monday, will pick up my mother and take her to the nursing home to visit my aunt, and maybe bring her back here for a bit.

I hope everyone is having a nice a day as I am, but probably not, since birthdays are special, no matter how old you are! :biggrin:

Thanks again!!

Lee

Attachments

• Chicken wings, Mom's.JPG
    Chicken wings, Mom's.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 115