A 2 part question about tea!

Constance

I drink my tea without sugar, so it's important that it doesn't taste bitter, and IMHO, Luzianne is the best.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I blend my own with decaffeinated orange pekoe, organic spearmint, and organic peppermint from The Tea Table. I brew it in a $12 Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker, and it turns out brilliantly!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Hmmm! i've never heard of peach tea, sounds different.

When i make tea it's usually always Nestea and i like to squeeze fresh lemon into it. Yummy :) Oh! and i prefer Unsweetened tea :)

Derek

Banned
Hey Bam, Can you give me the Mississippi Mud tea recipe?

I'll even get on my knees and beg for it.

Here's the 2 things I've purchased about 20 minutes ago.

I just got back from the store on my my bike.

530695349_j3VS6-S.jpg

Derek

Banned
i use Luzianne Tea brand...on the box, it says for sweet tea and suntea..the bags are better and to me it is not as bitter as Lipton, but that is just my personal taste.

want to get rid of the bitter taste? quit squishing the tea bag..lol

the way i make sweet tea is:

boil lots of water.. turn off...throw in tea bags

let nature take its course and let it steep. i never squeeze/press the tea bag with a spoon.

make a simple syrup.

mix with the concentrated tea, add more water to taste...enjoy

yes i am canadian and from the north but a little old lady in mississippi taught me how to make "proper" sweet tea her way..lol
When making the simple syrup can I make it in a tiny pan made for doing sauces, roux, heating up soup? Or a little bit bigger pan because of the boiling?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
in a small saucepan is fine...but you have splenda..no need to make a simple syrup...actually not possible to make a simple syrup with splenda..just brew your tea and add sweetener

and WTH is mississippi mud tea?,,,lol

Derek

Banned
in a small saucepan is fine...but you have splenda..no need to make a simple syrup...actually not possible to make a simple syrup with splenda..just brew your tea and add sweetener

and WTH is Mississippi mud tea?,,,lol
When I was in Florida and Louisiana, That's what they called it.

and it was really thick tea,

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I blend my own with decaffeinated orange pekoe, organic spearmint, and organic peppermint from The Tea Table. I brew it in a $12 Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker, and it turns out brilliantly!
I use the regular ole Mr. Coffee 12cup to brew our tea. Works great. Add sugar, ice and another craft of water from the tap and it's done. Tasty too. :thumb:

What is differnt about the Mr. Coffee Ice Tea maker? I never heard of those.

Derek

Banned
I use the regular ole Mr. Coffee 12cup to brew our tea. Works great. Add sugar, ice and another craft of water from the tap and it's done. Tasty too. :thumb:

My brother and his wife likes theirs and they've been using it for years.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
When I was in Florida and Louisiana, That's what they called it.

and it was really thick tea,

i use to live in Louisiana and i never heard of it called mud tea..lol
mud bugs yes but hey i could be wrong...its been known to happen alot..lol

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Never heard of the tea either. There's a Mississippi Mud Pie?

Derek

Banned
That's what they said in Taco's john's.

Maybe it was a house special tea in the places I had it?

Weird.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter

It's the same principle, but the main difference is that it brews it right into the pitcher which you can pre-fill with ice/water. Some kinds of tea can go bitter if they are heated too long, like they would be in a coffee maker.

Derek

Banned
I made my tea and it's freaking Tasty.

I did everything bam told me on page one and I've added 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and 2 teaspoons of splenda.

It's very delicious.