Homecook needs our prayers

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Barb - she will always be with you in the memories of what you shared. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will pray for her and peace for you and your family.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I'm sorry Barb. I'm also glad that she is at peace now. Thinking of you and your family.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I am so sorry for your loss, Barb. I will still keep you and your family in my prayers. Hugs, Susan

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
a big hug to you sweetie!! this is all i can say at the moment i am hurting for you!

homecook

Thank you all!!!! You are the best!!!!

I'm ok. I know now she is at peace. She's with my dad and grandmother.
She was feisty til the end, waiting until everyone left...........she always said she wanted to die alone. (sick sense of humor) I know she just didn't want me to be there.
She was a great woman whom I admired and where I got my independence and "go to hell" attitude. LOL I loved her alot!!! And the memories will stay with me for a lifetime!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your support!!!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thank you all!!!! You are the best!!!!

I'm ok. I know now she is at peace. She's with my dad and grandmother.
She was feisty til the end, waiting until everyone left...........she always said she wanted to die alone. (sick sense of humor) I know she just didn't want me to be there.
She was a great woman whom I admired and where I got my independence and "go to hell" attitude. LOL I loved her alot!!! And the memories will stay with me for a lifetime!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your support!!!
hugs and muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Barb. I'm sure you have some wonderful memories.

Newnork1978

sympathy.jpg

She will live on in the hearts & memories of those who loved her. (((HUG)))

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I'm sorry, Barb. I wish I could say something to make you feel better!! Just know that she is no longer pain and in the good lords hands now, looking down over you. Cherish wonderful memories. The smiles and warm feelings will replace the heartache and tears before too long. Big hugs to you!!!

homecook

Thanks you guys!!!

Yes, the memories will last me forever. There is not one thing that I do in my life that doesn't bring up some memory or other of my dear Mom. She was the BEST!!! She was my best friend these past few years!!!!!!!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Barb, if you come across any, you could post a pic or two of your mom, if that would have been OK with her.

homecook

I'll have to go look Terry. I'll see what I can dig up. Heather used to have her avatar of her and my mom which was a recent pic.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Barb you honestly can say that you have no regrets and were a wonderful daughter to your mom. You made a of sacrifices out of love. She might not have said it but I am sure that she was proud of you. There were moments and times that you shared as her caregiver that are precious and just between the two of you. It is something that the rest of the family might not understand but that is ok. You did an excellent job of caring for her and loving her. May G-d bless you all!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds as if your mom is okay now, Barb. I'm sending you more positive energy and strength so that YOU will be okay, too.

Lee

heb1976

just wanted to say thanks for all the prayers and wishes for mom. you seriously do not know just how much it means to her. to see her smiling, even just for a second, when she talks about how many of you have taken the time to show you care - means the world to me and my family. this whole process is going to be difficult and will continue to be difficult for a long time after - but i am comforted knowing that my mom can come here and release a little bit of hurt and pain and there will be someone to listen.

i myself am going to look into counseling, either with the girl from hospice that we have been dealing with or someone else. right now i am just trying to hold it together, partly for mom and my boys. i know what has happened, but reality hasn't set in yet. Wednesday will be hard and i don't know how i am going to hold mom up when i know i won't be able to hold myself up. i know we will get through it - we have to - it just sucks.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Awww, Heather, you poor girl. You have to keep it strong for the kids, don't you. How are they taking it? Big hugs to all of you, sweetie.

heb1976

someone asked for pics of her and i found some! sorry they are so dark - the lighting was horrible. the ones of her in the green shirt were from family night at the assisted living home. the ones of her in her robe are from this past easter.

Attachments

• _sc_3699.jpg
    _sc_3699.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 108
  • _sc_3700.jpg
    _sc_3700.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 2009_0412(024).jpg
    2009_0412(024).jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 2009_0412(029).jpg
    2009_0412(029).jpg
    92 KB · Views: 113
  • 2009_0412(031).jpg
    2009_0412(031).jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 114

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Thank you so much for posting these Heather. She was such a pretty lady - and I thought you got your looks from your mom! I loved the pic of her with your brother - you can tell she's tickled to have him next to her. Your boys look so proud to be with their grandma - I know they must be bewildered and confused. At that age, they know what death is, but it's something that happens to other people's family. Give them a big squeeze for us.

heb1976

Thank you so much for posting these Heather. She was such a pretty lady - and I thought you got your looks from your mom! I loved the pic of her with your brother - you can tell she's tickled to have him next to her. Your boys look so proud to be with their grandma - I know they must be bewildered and confused. At that age, they know what death is, but it's something that happens to other people's family. Give them a big squeeze for us.

funny you say that! i was always told i looked like my dad until i got older - now it is my mom!

will do for sure! they do understand - they just don't want to think about it. justin (my oldest) will see me crying and come over to hug me - he pauses for a sec and then tells me about the video game. i wish i could be like that. LOL

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
You're doing a great job, Heather. Many of us here have already lived a similar experience and understand your feelings. We'll be here for you any time, all the time.

Buzz