Gold Site Supporter
Dog 1 1548296677042.jpg

Dog 2 20190130_133929.jpg

DOG 3 0190130_133941.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LOL, I love that squirrel-dog! I wonder if the owner loved the look.

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Better late than never Saliha. :thumb: :clap: Good pics. :clap: :clap:

We have experienced a deep freeze with extreme temps. What is the coldest temps you've seen over the past week or so?

Saliha

At the north part of the country had -38 C but here south just -22 C. At this week here hasn´t been so cold anymore but we have a lot of snowing.

:letitsnow:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Chowder, your dog is a riot!

What does he do in the summer?

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LOL, no, I've never seen a blow-out of a dog before. Thanks!

I assume it's done to thin the coat, but to keep the overall length? Otherwise, it would be faster to shave the dog, right?

Lee

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
okay.... it's complicated, and I'm not real expert in all of this.....

first there are multiple "Huskies" - the "breed" characteristics are spread over a number of xxxx Husky names and "kin." different colorations and 'stockiness' of body, for example.

their coat varies a bit as well - however it is a "double coat" - long 'guard' hairs and then a thicker insulating 'undercoat' - and there is a lot of difference in the length of their coats. some are short(er) and 'even' some are long and fluffy cute and also a 'ragged' looking style.

ever see pix of bison/elk/moose shedding big 'patches' of hair? if left to nature their undercoat will shed the same way.

ours is the slender legged/body Siberian Husky - his guard coat is pushing 6 inches long. he is a four legged long tailed fur factory . . .

search "husky shedding" for pix - it's amazing.