"Declaration of Emergency"

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Some protection has been conferred those who had their flu shot last fall -as the type of virus is A in that shot, which is so for swine virus. I'd recommend a call to your pharmacy to see if they still have their vaccine, and if so, and you haven't had it, go get it!!!

This from a nurse on the nursing forum I visit.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Some protection has been conferred those who had their flu shot last fall -as the type of virus is A in that shot, which is so for swine virus. I'd recommend a call to your pharmacy to see if they still have their vaccine, and if so, and you haven't had it, go get it!!!

I read that officials are unsure whether this year's flu shot will convey any type of immunity because this virus has mutated significantly however they hope that potentially it does.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito

That sounds like they think this could and is a threat :mellow:

Anyone have any Rosie ODonnel Swine Flu jokes yet?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The White House is being briefed on the Swine Flu outbreak. President Obama and dozens of staffers were in Mexico last week prior to the Summit of the Americas.

The Swine Flu started in Mexico. Obama has a certain affinity for "pork". Coincidence? Hmmm..

:ohmy::whistle:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
The White House is being briefed on the Swine Flu outbreak. President Obama and dozens of staffers were in Mexico last week prior to the Summit of the Americas.

The Swine Flu started in Mexico. Obama has a certain affinity for "pork". Coincidence? Hmmm..

:ohmy::whistle:
ROTFLMAO!!!! You like to live dangerously, don't you O Sassy One?

lilylove

We got ours! Which is good since we STILL plan on going to Mexico
in July....:wink: