Quinoa Nutrition Facts

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Quinoa Nutrition Facts – How Many Calories Are In Quinoa?

By AlexMillerUnder Calorie Counting, Diet, Nutrition
One very nutritious alternative to consuming brown rice that very often gets forgotten about is quinoa. Quinoa offers a nice nutty taste to it and works well in a variety of different dishes or served up on its own as a side dish to your main protein source.

Let’s take a quick look at the major nutrients that are found in quinoa so you can see for yourself what this food is all about.

Major Nutrients Found In Quinoa

Quinoa-Nutrition-Facts.jpg

One of the very nice things about quinoa is the fact that it forms a complete protein source, which makes it ideal for anyone who happens to be following a vegetarian diet plan. Quinoa is also a rich source of fiber and wholesome carbohydrates, so will help to provide you the energy you need to get through your day.
Finally, quinoa is also a rich source of magnesium, phosphorus, and manganese, so will provide the body with key nutrients that you need for overall good health.

Storing/Selecting

When storing your quinoa, keep it in an airtight container away from direct sunlight and after its been prepared, place it in a sealed container in the fridge.

Eat It With:

Quinoa is great eaten with casserole type of dishes, salad, or used as a side dish to fish, chicken, or lean red meat.

Burn Off Quinoa

To burn off the number of calories in quinoa you would have to do:
  • 20 minutes climbing hills
  • 21 minutes racquetball
  • 23 minutes water skiing

Inserted from <http://www.thefatlossauthority.com/fat_loss_tips/quinoa-nutrition-facts-how-many-calories-are-in-quinoa>

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I like quinoa. I don't adore it, the way I adore white rice, but I try to eat quinoa or brown rice whenever I want a starch for dinner.

Lee