Do you have an herb chopper/mill/grinder?

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
DH got me something which i hate. (He's always saying he wants to bring me gifts, yet when I ask for something, he goes to the store, takes the first one he sees, then pays for it and leaves. Which I suppose is a separate subject to discuss.)

It's basically a set of three knives which chops the herbs. I wanted something more like a mill, unless the experienced herb choppers here know better. I have plenty of kitchen shears which I assume will do the same job.

This is a link for it on Amazon, although he didn't buy it from Amazon:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Herb-Mincer/dp/B001715PLA/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1383511565&sr=1-1&keywords=oxo+herb[/ame]

Anyone? Thanks!

Last edited:

chilefarmer

Never used one but have seen them on TV. I use mostly dried herbs. I buy them from spice co. on the net. Always good not stale or old. I can see that kind of chopper working for garlic and onions as well. I would use it for that. CF

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Did you mean that you wanted a mill something like this, Chocolate Moose? http://www.casa.com/p/kuchenprofi-n...909629&utm_content=pla&adtype=pla&cagpspn=pla

I have never used one, nor have I use the 3-blade rocker unit that your husband bought you.

However, I have used a small electric chopper on fresh herbs and have not been happy with the results. It chops/tears unevenly so that part of the herbs are in larger pieces and part are just mushed.

I like just using a sharp chef's knife. But my neighbor has arthritis in her hands, and I'm thinking one of these other alternatives might be better for her.

Lee

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
DW has an Oster (I Think) Herb / spice grinder mill thingy. She is always powdering spices like rosemary and oatmeal as an exfolient for her soap. They work really great. Sometimes I am allowed to use it.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I gave the magic Bullet to my landlord so that he can grind coffee beans, but I STILL have the mortar & pestal!!