CELEBRATE; SPRING IS HERE!!!

Calicolady

@ 7:44 A.M. TODAY.............

Spring has almost sprung, and the first day of spring, or the Spring Equinox, falls on Friday March 20th, 2009.

hpim0729-500x376.jpg

homecook

Oh I love those flowers! We have them in our island in the front.

Too bad it doesn't know it's Spring here yet. It's only 27 degrees!! But my crocuses are blooming.

Barb

Calicolady

Will the swallows return to San Juan Capistrano today?

www.upcoming.yahoo.com/event/2113428

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" ~Robin Williams

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt. ~
Margaret Atwood

If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom. ~Audra Foveo

Spring Fever

Four high school boys afflicted with spring fever skipped morning classes. After lunch they reported to the teacher that they had a flat tire.
Much to their relief she smiled and said, "Well, you missed a test today so take seats apart from one another and take out a piece of paper." Still smiling, she waited for them to sit down. Then she said: "First Question: Which tire was flat?"

Last edited:

chowhound

Ahhh, Spring. That would explain the ground refreezing and the dusting of snow we got last night. :huh:
It didn't seem to bother these two though, who made camp in my yard last night. At least in the one pic the sun is starting to show.

Attachments

• 2 geese.jpg
    2 geese.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 110
  • 2 geese1.jpg
    2 geese1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 119

buckytom

Grill Master
i woke up to big fluffy flakes of snow coming down, covering grassy areas.

i get a reprieve for a few more days before the great battle with the lawn commences for another year.

chowhound

It's been a birdy day here today.
Besides that geese couple in my yard, I've got a thousand of some tweetie bird looking for food in my yard. And the turkey vultures have moved back into the neighborhood. I saw them arrive last Sunday. And geese continue to fly back home.
Too bad it's so friggin cold....

Attachments

• birds.jpg
    birds.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 105
  • vultures.jpg
    vultures.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 106
  • flying geese.jpg
    flying geese.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 97

Biskit

I ain't-a gonna celebrate no spring until Wednesday, or later. One of them spring storms is s'posed to roll across the Northern Tier. Dunno if it's gonna rain or snow. Neither one's gonna do us any good, I'm afraid.:yuk:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
We will have snow again--in NE Ohio, the calendar may say spring but we will have snow and rain for a while now.

Biskit

Yeah. Them spring storms can be some real corkers, too.

Do you guys ever get snowstorms where it lightnings and thunders while it's snowing?

It happens now and then here.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Spring yeah!!! I grilled today woo hoo!!

And when DW and I were picking out our wedding date, we picked March 20th, twas no accident LOL!